I believe im being misdiagnosed by my doc and need advice.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2017, 01:53 AM
RE: I believe im being misdiagnosed by my doc and need advice.
Ask to see another doctor, if you don't see a different one every time you go like I do. (I live in the UK also)

For what it's worth it sounds a bit like stress or anxiety to me. At times you can have anxiety attacks and it raises your heart rate, essentially making you panic, and think you're having a heart attack.

Obviously that's just my guess, but ask to see a different doctor and see what they say.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
01-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.

What made me question him (my GP) is I had an infected serbaseous cyst in between my shoulder blades that grew massive. He didn't seem concerned about it so upon the advice of friends I went to the walk in center. When the nurse saw it she immediatly refered me to have it drained.

The doctor who drained it asked me why I had waited so long to get it treated. I said my GP had seen it and was not concened and he was like WTF???

I've also read up on the NHS website how health anxiety is diagnosed and I don't fall under any catergories .My visits to the Doctor have always been reactive to incidents and under the advice of doctors at the hospital.

I'm on it with joining another surgery and im getting advice on how to complain about the way he practices.

Hes a fucking hipocrite anyway, advising me to do lifestyle changes when he himself is a fat, overweight bastard Laughat

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
01-06-2017, 02:04 PM
I can only repeat what you said and others in here, you really really must get another doctor. No matter if that means you need to travel to the doctor longer. Obviously your doctor is not concerned with the fact that your blood pressure is waaaay too high (dammit 140/100 seriously now) and he thinks you are a hypochondriac. Since he made up his mind about this and about you, you are not going to advance at all.

What I was wondering, if you might be sensitive to stress? Could it be stress related at all? I know that my asthma gets worse when I get more stressed. So maybe in your case it is the heart that reacts?
Another thing, because you talked about a pain in the area of your heart. I had a pain in that area a few times when I was growing up. It was in my chest and I thought I am dying. My pediatrician at the time explained to me that it was a muscle around that area but not the heart. I haven't had that pain since I stopped growing but I wonder if it could be a similar pain and similar muscle in your case. Couldn't hurt asking the new doctor.

Either way, I hope you find a better doctor, who takes you seriously.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
02-06-2017, 02:55 AM
(01-06-2017 11:40 AM)bemore Wrote:  Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.

What made me question him (my GP) is I had an infected serbaseous cyst in between my shoulder blades that grew massive. He didn't seem concerned about it so upon the advice of friends I went to the walk in center. When the nurse saw it she immediatly refered me to have it drained.

The doctor who drained it asked me why I had waited so long to get it treated. I said my GP had seen it and was not concened and he was like WTF???

I've also read up on the NHS website how health anxiety is diagnosed and I don't fall under any catergories .My visits to the Doctor have always been reactive to incidents and under the advice of doctors at the hospital.

I'm on it with joining another surgery and im getting advice on how to complain about the way he practices.

Hes a fucking hipocrite anyway, advising me to do lifestyle changes when he himself is a fat, overweight bastard Laughat

The ammount times we've had that as well. I've been in for Anxiety/Depression a bunch of times. One doctor just thought I was having a random non-related panic attack and gave me beta blockers to calm me down. I went in again the next week and was told "why did they give you that? You have a medical condition mate" lol.

Just last month I took my daughter in as she had a skin rash. Doctor said "its probably an allegery, take this medicine etc" went back the week after, different doctor who was like "no, she has Eczema...why did they say allergy?" lol.

I can only say, if your docotor says something, and you disagree, so straight to the front desk and ask for a second opinion. You might have to wait a little bit more, but you'll see somebody different on the day who will give you their opinion also.

At worst, go down to A+E at your local hospital if you still disagree and they'll check you over.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
02-06-2017, 05:08 PM
OakTree made me realize something. A lot of doctors just want you out the door as fast as possible. They are on the clock per patient. I even had a doctor tell me once that she has 17 minutes per patient per month. I am not sure how she got to that number as her waiting room was always empty. But they may give you a simple, lazy solution because they want you out the door.
And then the really bad doctors just are stubborn know-it-alls who will not listen to what the patient is saying. They hear a few words and already made up their mind as to what you do or don't have. It is very annoying.

- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
05-06-2017, 08:02 AM
(02-06-2017 05:08 PM)Leerob Wrote:  OakTree made me realize something. A lot of doctors just want you out the door as fast as possible. They are on the clock per patient. I even had a doctor tell me once that she has 17 minutes per patient per month. I am not sure how she got to that number as her waiting room was always empty. But they may give you a simple, lazy solution because they want you out the door.
And then the really bad doctors just are stubborn know-it-alls who will not listen to what the patient is saying. They hear a few words and already made up their mind as to what you do or don't have. It is very annoying.

It's strange in the UK, as health care is free, so whilst you may have an assigned doctor, you very rarely see the same person more than once in say a year, (obviously depends how many times you go/how busy your doctors is), but I go 3-4 times a year for myself/my daughter and we see somebody different every time. I don't recall the last time I actually saw my "assigned" doctor, in my entire life I think.

I find very few actually "care" and/or are willing to look into all possibilities, rather than the first symptom you describe. I've had some just say "ok heres your pills" and kick me out, with no real check up, whilst others will ask me how I've been and are themselves on medication for anxiety/depression so know exactly what the score is.

05-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Get a new doctor, this one sounds like they are terrible at their job.
07-06-2017, 05:57 PM
(05-06-2017 08:02 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I find very few actually "care" and/or are willing to look into all possibilities, rather than the first symptom you describe. I've had some just say "ok heres your pills" and kick me out, with no real check up, whilst others will ask me how I've been and are themselves on medication for anxiety/depression so know exactly what the score is.
I have this weird doctor. When I say I want a specific medication, he will just prescribe it to me without checking. This is how I got my inhaler and sleeping pills for example. But then if I am unsure what I have, he will actually be very thorough. But his wife, same practice, whenever I get her (and i try to avoid that) she is opinionated and inaccurate. She prescribed me pain meds that could have killed (very literally!) me because she forgot I had asthma. That is so sloppy.

- Wotsefack?! -
08-06-2017, 02:54 AM
Crikey leerob, that's insane.

Next time you see your doctor, please ask for "large quantities of medicinal marijuana" and sent it to me in the post.

Seriously though it's nut's what some doctors will do/not do. You would think in an industry revolving about peoples well being, double checking everybody's records would be the first, second and third thing you should do.

[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post