I believe in a higher power, but I love & respect all views & welcome friendly debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2012, 10:05 PM
I believe in a higher power, but I love & respect all views & welcome friendly debate
I believe in God due to mostly past circumstances. I have a level head on my shoulders and I love to discuss almost anything. I am no Bible Scholar and am not even an adult but I know what I believe and would like to learn what Atheists have to say. You could say I am interested. Not looking to change anyone's beliefs or have my own changed. I am just curious. If I don't know an answer I will inform you of this and this will be the case quite often I suspect. Any and all comments are welcome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Thatweirdkid's post
08-01-2012, 10:13 PM
RE: I believe in a higher power, but I love & respect all views & welcome friendly debate
Welcome aboard weird kid.
We have members from all walks of life willing to offer info into their world view. Like you the majority of members are looking not to convert but discuss in a freindly environment.
One word of warning though since you mentioned you aren't yet an adult... The humor and language can get a little... Well you ever watch family guy or sopranos?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2012, 10:22 PM
RE: I believe in a higher power, but I love & respect all views & welcome friendly debate
(08-01-2012 10:05 PM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  I believe in God due to mostly past circumstances. I have a level head on my shoulders and I love to discuss almost anything. I am no Bible Scholar and am not even an adult but I know what I believe and would like to learn what Atheists have to say. You could say I am interested. Not looking to change anyone's beliefs or have my own changed. I am just curious. If I don't know an answer I will inform you of this and this will be the case quite often I suspect. Any and all comments are welcome.

Welcome to TTA forum. I'm always interested in the phrase "I know what I believe" - it sounds a little defensive. I, for one, am curious about "past circumstances".

And be warned - it can get rough and raunchy in here amongst the godless, baby-eating heathens. Cool

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
08-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Welcome! You mentioned "past circumstances", care to share with us about said circumstances? There are a few other nice theists here in this forum Smile

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
08-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Any and all comments are welcome.
[/quote]

Welcome WeirdKid.
The fact that you are here and thinking indicates that you have the proper mindset to see things the way they really are. I like that.
Most folks can't get that far.
08-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Welcome! I think the number one thing you'll find here is that atheists are a hugely diverse group of people.

Anyway, you seem open-minded, and as others have said that's the most important part!
08-01-2012, 11:20 PM
(08-01-2012 10:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  And be warned - it can get rough and raunchy in here amongst the godless, baby-eating heathens. Cool

Waaaa! Waaa-*Crunch!*.

*Cooking noises*

nom nom nom
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Welcome, Kid. Now go to the alien thread and tell us what you think about extra terrestrials. Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
08-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:I believe in a higher power

Quote:I love and respect all views and I welcome friendly debate

I do believe those two things are oxymorons. What's next, you gonna tell me about your square circle?

No but seriously... look around the forum at some of our beliefs, take notice of some of the religious members that we've had to put up with, and welcome aboard... the ship... of... uh... pirates!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMu6jRI7SVkR_tF8eLD18...jbIdA4ZqxA]

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
08-01-2012, 11:46 PM
(08-01-2012 11:20 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-01-2012 10:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  And be warned - it can get rough and raunchy in here amongst the godless, baby-eating heathens. Cool

Waaaa! Waaa-*Crunch!*.

*Cooking noises*

nom nom nom

Delicious!

"I am a knowledgeable man, I have knowledge. If I knew how I knew what I know, I would know half as much, because it would be clogged up with where I knew it from...that is why I cannot always cite my sources. - David Mitchell
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard