I believe in a higher power, but I love & respect all views & welcome friendly debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2012, 12:41 AM
RE: I believe in a higher power, but I love & respect all views & welcome friendly debate
A level head will serve you well, least it be removed and served to others.
Welcome to the forum.
I've only been here a short time myself and like a true highlander, I plan to keep my head for a while.
Explore and comment. Don't ever let fear push you, but instead let knowledge lead you.

Enjoy

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
09-01-2012, 01:09 AM
RE: I believe in a higher power, but I love & respect all views & welcome friendly debate
It's nice that you believe in me although everyone keeps mixing up my name with the name god. It's really starting to annoy me but whatever. At least they try.........Right.

Welcome to the forum.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
09-01-2012, 01:36 AM
I believe in a higher power. Which political party has the upper hand at the moment?

Joking aside, welcome and its great to see different points of views!

I like hearing what others have to say and hope you care to share your experiences. We have intelligent debates amongst others and ourselves. I highly doubt any of us will tend to hurt you but be careful, if you haven't seen already, we tend to be baby eating heathens. Just like the church always portrays us.

I'm glad you say you have a level head. Keep it! I don't mind those who believe in religion, what I mind is them interfering with others lives.

Now give me some of that baby, don't hog it for yourselves.

Welcome again!

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
09-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Welcome! Always good to have more believers here Smile

James 1:27
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world"

"Atheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist." C.S. Lewis
[+] 1 user Likes Sharks9's post
09-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Welcome!

I would suggest you cruise over to the Ask a Theist thread. There are a lot of atheistic opinions and questions there.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
09-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Also, how old are you?

09-01-2012, 10:01 AM
(08-01-2012 10:05 PM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  Not looking to change anyone's beliefs or have my own changed.

So you don't even consider the possibility of changing your beliefs? I don't like that ;/
09-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Welcome aboard buddy Big Grin
If you debate good and make some good points we might share some of our
beer roasted baby ribs with you.... mmm tasty
Joking aside, you're always welcome to make posts with questions/arguments or topics
that are thought provoking and debate worthy,
and if ud like to know anything about islam then im your man
ex-muslim atheist here Smile

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
09-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Welcome! Curiosity is a way of life- even if you're just curious what the opposing side has to say. If you've never heard it, you can't argue it. If you've only ever heard your side's view of the argument, then your curiosity is well-placed, even if it does not change your beliefs.

I recently had a discussion with my dad about why I don't believe anymore. One of the things he said off-hand was that one of his biggest regrets in life was that he had me go to public school and not a private Christian school. And the reason was because I learned evolution there and it stuck with me along with the unanswered questions. Those questions stuck with me for a long time, even just in the background. Until finally I couldn't ignore them any longer. If I had never been taught the other side, I might still be living under the unceasing burden of guilt that is Christianity. The moral of the story is that the only thing that would have kept me a Christian is keeping me from knowledge about our natural world. Or, more simply, the only thing that would have kept me a Christian was keeping me from knowledge.

If the only way you can protect yourself is to shelter yourself from information, then you know something is wrong. Good on you for coming here. If you're serious, it will either strengthen your faith or open your mind to free thinking. Good luck!
[+] 4 users Like kineo's post
09-01-2012, 11:08 AM
(09-01-2012 11:04 AM)kineo Wrote:  Welcome! Curiosity is a way of life- even if you're just curious what the opposing side has to say. If you've never heard it, you can't argue it. If you've only ever heard your side's view of the argument, then your curiosity is well-placed, even if it does not change your beliefs.

I recently had a discussion with my dad about why I don't believe anymore. One of the things he said off-hand was that one of his biggest regrets in life was that he had me go to public school and not a private Christian school. And the reason was because I learned evolution there and it stuck with me along with the unanswered questions. Those questions stuck with me for a long time, even just in the background. Until finally I couldn't ignore them any longer. If I had never been taught the other side, I might still be living under the unceasing burden of guilt that is Christianity. The moral of the story is that the only thing that would have kept me a Christian is keeping me from knowledge about our natural world. Or, more simply, the only thing that would have kept me a Christian was keeping me from knowledge.

If the only way you can protect yourself is to shelter yourself from information, then you know something is wrong. Good on you for coming here. If you're serious, it will either strengthen your faith or open your mind to free thinking. Good luck!

This is 100% true. My faith has become stronger since coming here and being face with awesome discussion.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post