I believe in a higher power, but I love & respect all views & welcome friendly debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2012, 01:16 PM
RE: I believe in a higher power, but I love & respect all views & welcome friendly debate
(09-01-2012 11:08 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is 100% true. My faith has become stronger since coming here and being face with awesome discussion.

Oh dear. Hey, gang, time to switch strategies.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
09-01-2012, 01:20 PM
RE: I believe in a higher power, but I love & respect all views & welcome friendly debate
(09-01-2012 01:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 11:08 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is 100% true. My faith has become stronger since coming here and being face with awesome discussion.

Dude seriously, if you're ever in Louisiana, you, germanyt, and I need to grab a beer. It would roflcopters for all.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
09-01-2012, 01:22 PM
(09-01-2012 01:20 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Dude seriously, if you're ever in Louisiana, you, germanyt, and I need to grab a beer. It would roflcopters for all.

OK, but I get to bring a second, too.Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2012, 04:03 PM
(09-01-2012 01:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Can i come?Angel

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
09-01-2012, 04:05 PM
(09-01-2012 04:03 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 01:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Can i come?Angel

Sure thing! We'll make it a big party.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
09-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Weird Kid, why don't you try to make the questions in the Questions for the Christian believer topic?
KC can support some help maybe?

Note: To send this message, no trees cut down,
although there are many electrons severely hindered.
All the bits are reused.

Future World

73 Jim .--. . .---- .-. . .- PE1REA
Email, put amsat dot org behind the call
09-01-2012, 04:15 PM
(09-01-2012 04:13 PM)Jim Wrote:  Weird Kid, why don't you try to make the questions in the Questions for the Christian believer topic?
KC can support some help maybe?

Yeah, I definitely think you should, Weirdkid... Sharks too.

09-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Hi Thatweirdkid - we do have other younger people here -very recently a few around the age of 16 have jumped aboard- so it's all cool.
It's an interesting world and if you've come here for reason and to sharpen your understanding of ideas, you have found a safe place to do so. Here, you will probably be exposed to lots of conflicting information, but you are responsible for your views. No one can change anything about another person. A person can only change their self, no one else can do that.
Yes, we'll probably say some stupid shit, which you may or may not find shocking... no doubt some asshole will test the waters ... well, fuck it; we are only human... as are you. Blush

Smile Welcome to the forum.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
09-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Welcome to the forum

Have an insightful stay

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
09-01-2012, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2012 05:03 PM by Mr Woof.)
(08-01-2012 11:29 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
Quote:I believe in a higher power

Quote:I love and respect all views and I welcome friendly debate

I do believe those two things are oxymorons. What's next, you gonna tell me about your square circle?

No but seriously... look around the forum at some of our beliefs, take notice of some of the religious members that we've had to put up with, and welcome aboard... the ship... of... uh... pirates!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMu6jRI7SVkR_tF8eLD18...jbIdA4ZqxA]

Hey Buddy.
Square circles, viewing black and white simultaneously etc are old atheist arguments to discredit "God".
I do not see the possibility of higher beings, both in capabilities and ethics as something remote; I see the remoteness in the multitudes of definitions provided by religious people to push their egotistical views Cool