I believe that my mother is crazy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2013, 04:11 AM
I believe that my mother is crazy
Today June/09/2013 she learned that her mother is dead and she yelled. I tried to explain to her that grand-mother is probably in a good place if god exist. Also I tried to explain to my mother that God probably not exist and she said to me that she prefer believe in God.

What is this fucking answer ? she explain to me that she prefer believe in God. There are some days ago I spoke to her about contradictions in the Bible etc...
and she said to me that the non existence of the creator is possible.

Also grandma is dead and I don't care about it , I accept this fact because this is natural (I'm normal ?).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2013, 07:46 AM
RE: I believe that my mother is crazy
(09-06-2013 04:11 AM)viocjit Wrote:  Today June/09/2013 she learned that her mother is dead and she yelled. I tried to explain to her that grand-mother is probably in a good place if god exist. Also I tried to explain to my mother that God probably not exist and she said to me that she prefer believe in God.

What is this fucking answer ? she explain to me that she prefer believe in God. There are some days ago I spoke to her about contradictions in the Bible etc...
and she said to me that the non existence of the creator is possible.

Also grandma is dead and I don't care about it , I accept this fact because this is natural (I'm normal ?).

You're normal. (as far as I can tell, anyway) We all have different reactions to death. I remember not being all that moved by my grandparents passing either.

As for your mother, she's just entertaining Pascal's wager. She's not crazy, just afraid to really put her own mind to task when it comes to the ultimate question. Most people are the same way. Sometimes it just takes time for rationality to take hold and work itself into a person's worldview.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
09-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Finally it was a stupid joke of my mother (I learned that there are some minutes).
Why tell this kind of thing ?
09-06-2013, 08:42 AM
If your mother just learned of the death of her mother...she is 'crazy' right now.

She has to sort things out and it's not something that can be done in a few minutes...give her some time.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-06-2013, 08:51 AM
You only grieve when there are people who used to take up a lot of your daily life and then they are gone. They leave a hole in your life.

Most people don't have their grandparents in their lives on a daily basis, and their departure is not a life changing event.

Plus, the younger you are, the less death affects you in your daily life. No way can you feel the same way about your grandma as your mom does, and vice versa. You should be supportive though. Even though it isn't possible for you to walk in your mom's shoes and feel what she feels, you can respect that she is greatly affected by her mom's death.

This is also the worst of times to bring up atheism - you may be pulling the carpet out from under your mom's feet. This is not the time for her world image to be changed.

And no, she is not crazy. She has been indoctrinated with religion and needs it now. If she will consider alternate thinking (and it sounds like she will), wait until she is standing on a firmer foundation. She needs time to grieve.

You will understand her ten or twenty years from now.

So, neither of you is crazy. Everything is the way it naturally is.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
09-06-2013, 10:14 AM
(09-06-2013 08:14 AM)viocjit Wrote:  Finally it was a stupid joke of my mother (I learned that there are some minutes).
Why tell this kind of thing ?

When I wrote that , I would like to say that my mother invented this story. But I can't understand what was her goal ?
09-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Nitpicking religious beliefs while a person is grieving is inappropriate in my opinion. I would have just waited until she was less emotional about it, instead of critiquing the beliefs right there.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
09-06-2013, 12:16 PM
I can say that now I know that my grandmother is not dead because it was a stupid joke of my mother.
But I can't understand the reason.
Why tell this kind of stupid joke ?
I really believed that during some hours.