I believe the Bible teaches correct morals (mostly)...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2017, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2017 11:41 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: I believe the Bible teaches correct morals (mostly)...
(01-10-2017 10:54 AM)wendigo Wrote:  And which parts of the world are the most highly advanced in science, or the most powerful?

Actually China and Japan were FAR FAR more advanced than the West, and earlier. When Europe was taking 2 baths in a lifetime, dying of Bubonic Plague, which wiped out 30 - 50 % of their population, they were known for their cleanliness and advanced societies. You are just SO totally ignorant that you never heard that.

http://www.pbs.org/story-china/about-the.../overview/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-10-2017, 11:29 AM
(01-10-2017 11:26 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-10-2017 10:54 AM)wendigo Wrote:  Say what you like people. Where did christianiy take hold in the world? And which parts of the world are the most highly advanced in science, or the most powerful? You shitheads can't stand to know that you all owe somthing to christianity because you come here to shit on chistians. Look at the thread titles around this place. Fucking hypocrites. That I have to defend christian society from you're illogic is hilarious tp me as an atheist. And to the person who claims I'm like a mouse being pawed around by cats: who's being played with here exactly? I've managed to stretch this thread to a hilarious length just by whimsically popping in here and touching on topics guaranteed to ruffle your feathers. You can't help yourselves. The cats in your analogy are nothing to be admired, they dont have to think or risk anthing, just behave like instinctual assholes like the rest.

:back soon, just checking an IP Address:

:Not Heywood:

Blink

Heywood would do a better job of trolling. j/s

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
01-10-2017, 11:31 AM
(01-10-2017 11:29 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-10-2017 11:26 AM)DLJ Wrote:  :back soon, just checking an IP Address:

:Not Heywood:

Blink

Heywood would do a better job of trolling. j/s

I concur with my esteemed friend, this guy is just a troll dick.
01-10-2017, 11:40 AM
(01-10-2017 11:28 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-10-2017 10:54 AM)wendigo Wrote:  And which parts of the world are the most highly advanced in science, or the most powerful?

Actually China and Japan were FAR FAR more advanced than the West, and earlier. When Europe was taking 2 baths in a lifetime, they were known for their cleanliness and advanced societies. You are just SO totally ignorant that you never heard that.

Who said I never heard that? Everybody knows that, jack ass. I was referring to the virtual entirety of the west, which I think everyone here but you surely must realize. the chinese are communists who pullute the planet and trample human rights. The japanese are fine now, but who had to thump their asses back into shape....the west!
01-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Its funny isn't it that instead of expressing a modicum of humility that he would rather admit to the moniker of a very poor troll as opposed to an atheist looking to learn from experience and gain knowledge and logic and be part of a community that would have helped him no end had he had the courage to be honest with himself. But of course its all our fault, we are the fucking bastards simply because we didn't agree with him. Drinking Beverage
01-10-2017, 11:45 AM
(01-10-2017 08:59 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(30-09-2017 05:54 PM)wendigo Wrote:  Every single advantage we have in the west stems from the rule of Christianity, all the way back to discoveries in physics and math that set us on the right path.
In '30, '40 and '50 people in USSR believed that marxism-leninism was something from which everything good came forth. Seems you're sharing their delusion, though you attribute discoveries to other ideology/religion.

Szuchow, please help me out again.

Who launched the first rocket into space? Was it a country under christian rule?
Who launched the first living thing into Orbit? Was it a country under christian rule?
Who launched the first human into Orbit? Was it a country under christian rule?
Who would probably put the first man on the moon if the chief scientist hadnt suddenly and unecpectedly died during heart surgery? A country under christian rule?

(30-09-2017 05:54 PM)wendigo Wrote:  discoveries in physics and math
When and where was the number 0 ("zero") introduced into mathematics, as the very base of any further development in math?
America: probably Olmecs (>400BCE)
India: ca. 780AD
Arabs: got it from India (via an orthodox/byzantine/eastern christian called Severus Sebokht)
The "west"?: got it from al-Khwarizmi, an choresmian mathematician. The word "algorithm" is named after him.

If the world was like the USA, the "west" would have gotten a "participant trophy" for introducing the number zero.

Talking about Byzanz. It was the "west" who ruined the byzantine empire before Constantinople was taken in 1453. Without the catholic west it may have taken the Ottomans much longer to take Constantinople. It was the catholic west who sacked Constantinople first, in 1204. So it was the west who was responsible for everything that happened in the Balcans up to Vienna (twice!) after that. It was western, christian catholicism who ironically made the Osman Empire almost islamize entire central europe in the middle of the last millenium.

Back to topic.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
01-10-2017, 11:45 AM
(01-10-2017 10:54 AM)wendigo Wrote:  Say what you like people.

Indeed we will. Glad to know we have your permission, oh great communicator sir!

(01-10-2017 10:54 AM)wendigo Wrote:  Where did christianiy[sic] take hold in the world? And which parts of the world are the most highly advanced in science, or the most powerful?

So? The Dark Ages were a product of Christianity, and the Renaissance was a product of (heretical) Muslim preservation of forgotten (pagan) Greek and Roman knowledge. Remember that for centuries, the Christians didn't care to save any other book but the Bible; and you cannot put a man on the moon with biblical cosmology.

(01-10-2017 10:54 AM)wendigo Wrote:  You shitheads can't stand to know that you all owe somthing[sic] to christianity[sic] because you come here to shit on chistians.[sic]

So? Did you never question your parents or give them shit just because they predated you? What kind of a sad excuse for reasoning is that, oh vaunted One True Atheist™?

(01-10-2017 10:54 AM)wendigo Wrote:  Look at the thread titles around this place. Fucking hypocrites.

You know, I'd suggest maybe hanging out over at the Friendly Atheist blog, as you seem to have misconstrued 'thinking' with 'uncritical'.

(01-10-2017 10:54 AM)wendigo Wrote:  That I have to defend christian society from you're illogic[sic] is hilarious tp[sic] me as an atheist.

You may claim to be an atheist, but you most certainly are not a skeptic or rationalist. So, best of luck there skippy. But you're not going to convince anyone here by shifting the goal post, deflecting, refusing to substantiate your claims, and generally acting like just the latest in a long line of Dipshit-Of-The-Week. Seriously, even William Lane Craig would be embarrassed by your abysmal display of 'reason'.

(01-10-2017 10:54 AM)wendigo Wrote:  And to the person who claims I'm like a mouse being pawed around by cats: who's being played with here exactly?

I interact with you at my pleasure. I can ignore you easily, but watching you become unhinged and devolve into a nonsensical mess is quite amusing. As soon as I no longer find your squirming entertaining, I'll simply move on.

Who's being played with? You are. I've been posting all over the forums, it's mi casa. All you are doing is pooping on the carpet in a single room. Yet you think you are the one in control here? How sad.

(01-10-2017 10:54 AM)wendigo Wrote:  I've managed to stretch this thread to a hilarious length just by whimsically popping in here and touching on topics guaranteed to ruffle your feathers.

Oh, you must be new here. You are just the latest in a long line of Dipshit-Of-The-Week. You are not new. You are not fresh. You are not unique. You will not be the last. Either you will tire yourself out, or you'll push one of the rules too far and get yourself Ban-Hammered. Then you will be gone, but we will remain. I've seen this same scenario play out dozens upon dozens of times before, and you sir are not even Bush League.

(01-10-2017 10:54 AM)wendigo Wrote:  You can't help yourselves.

Indeed. If I came into your house, unceremoniously dropped trou, and left a massive steaming pile of shite on your carpet, how well would you be able to just ignore it?

You're clearly not forum-broken, and given your current trajectory, I highly doubt you'll wise up before leaving our humble abode via BanHammer Air.

(01-10-2017 10:54 AM)wendigo Wrote:  The cats in your analogy are nothing to be admired, they dont[sic] have to think or risk anthing[sic], just behave like instinctual assholes like the rest.

Question: How much should we admire the mouse dumb enough to keep inserting themselves right into the middle of said cats?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 10 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-10-2017, 11:48 AM
(01-10-2017 11:40 AM)wendigo Wrote:  
(01-10-2017 11:28 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Actually China and Japan were FAR FAR more advanced than the West, and earlier. When Europe was taking 2 baths in a lifetime, they were known for their cleanliness and advanced societies. You are just SO totally ignorant that you never heard that.

Who said I never heard that? Everybody knows that, jack ass. I was referring to the virtual entirety of the west, which I think everyone here but you surely must realize. the chinese are communists who pullute the planet and trample human rights. The japanese are fine now, but who had to thump their asses back into shape....the west!

Dude stop it now, you're embarrassing yourself. Yes
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
01-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Check my ip all you like, I am who I say I am. I stand by every statement I've made here as I dont fear the likes of you. So far I've said basically the following things over and over:

-Christians are trying to do good and represent the solid morals that they get from the bible/pastors. That means yes they ignore the bad parts and it's irrelevant if they need the book in the first place because this is the reality of it.

-the western world is founded on christianity, though since the enlightenment it's not real christian rule but that does nothing to change the beneficial effect it's had on our moral and socio political and scientific development.

-you're all a bunch of abject cringey basement experts who need a bitch slap at least twice per day.

You may be of differing opinion, but outside of this shithole forum, the majority of real atheists take a more moderate, inclusive approach than most of you do.
01-10-2017, 11:57 AM
(01-10-2017 11:52 AM)wendigo Wrote:  Check my ip all you like, I am who I say I am. I stand by every statement I've made here as I dont fear the likes of you. So far I've said basically the following things over and over:

-Christians are trying to do good and represent the solid morals that they get from the bible/pastors. That means yes they ignore the bad parts and it's irrelevant if they need the book in the first place because this is the reality of it.

-the western world is founded on christianity, though since the enlightenment it's not real christian rule but that does nothing to change the beneficial effect it's had on our moral and socio political and scientific development.

-you're all a bunch of abject cringey basement experts who need a bitch slap at least twice per day.

You may be of differing opinion, but outside of this shithole forum, the majority of real atheists take a more moderate, inclusive approach than most of you do.

Lol you so are obviously a christian...... Please fuck off out of "this shithole forum" you mentally challenged ass fucker only know one thing... You leave with no dignity.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post