I believe the Bible teaches correct morals (mostly)...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2017, 05:08 PM
RE: I believe the Bible teaches correct morals (mostly)...
(03-10-2017 01:52 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  As for your positive rep comment on Wendy, Jerry: I only vaguely remember it, but i clearly remember thinking "WTF, Jerry!?" when i was reading it. So, please stop pretending you had any other intentions. We can read, and we can remeber what you wrote in green, even if you deleted it like a tweet. Denying that only makes you look like you are qualified to be elected president of the US.

I remember what I wrote:
"Agent W, our plan goes smoothly, and for your efforts I bestow on you the coveted "+1." How foolish and silly are these heathens, to think that you and I, working together hand in nail-holed hand with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, won't bring their precious forum to its knees, for some reason not yet clear to me. It is almost time to proceed to page 8, section B, paragraph 3 of our nefarious plan, wherein you post a gif of a penis shooting a load of jizz! I don't exactly recall why I included a penis shooting a load of jiz on page 8, section B, paragraph 3 of our nefarious plan, but I remember being horny. And drunk. And on cough syrup. Where was I? Oh yes! Our nefarious plan! Proceed with caution, Agent W, for I fear some of them are on to us...wait! This isn't private? Oh FUCK. Fuck! Abort! Abort! I mean...how 'bout that Bertrand Russell? Now there was an atheist. Don't make 'em like that anymore."

Okay actually I think this is close to word for word what I had in my up-rep:

"If everything being said about you is true (and I don't think it is) you are still guilty of fucking up exactly one thread: Your own."

Deesee, you sure that isn't more "meh" than "wtf"? It's pretty innocuous. That rep would still be up there if Wendy hadn't hit me with that unasked for cum shot; I have some standards. I'm not offended by...

(03-10-2017 01:52 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  "So, please stop pretending you had any other intentions. We can read, and we can remeber what you wrote in green, even if you deleted it like a tweet. Denying that only makes you look like you are qualified to be elected president of the US."

...because I can't make heads or tails of it. I doubt you can either. What am I denying? What intentions am I pretending? What the fuck is everybody drinking?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
03-10-2017, 05:11 PM
(03-10-2017 02:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 05:20 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  He seemed to have run through a list of apologetics as if he was looking at a book by Ray Comfort with talking-points and then posting them here, point-by-point.

Those books must come with a laminated card or a very large refrigerator magnet with all the talking points, and a diagram "What to do if they say this or that" ...

and if all else fails, just say "strawman". Weeping

More likely a pack of crayons and coloring pages.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
03-10-2017, 08:40 PM
(02-10-2017 06:25 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Personally, I think that anyone who claims that the Bible teaches mostly correct morals has never actually read it. Dodgy

I think it was pretty well established that Wendigo hadn't.
Hell, he admitted it himself.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
03-10-2017, 08:42 PM
(02-10-2017 06:30 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I feel the same way in general (I don't think I've ever done so; I still have Anjele repped despite her dislike of me) but cum on, there's always an exception...maybe you didn't see Wendigo's gif of a penis shooting a load.

Pfft. I've been getting worse shit in my email spam for years. Doesn't even make me blink anymore.

--
Dr H

03-10-2017, 08:51 PM
(02-10-2017 06:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-10-2017 06:21 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Well -I- had fun watching the melee. Would have been more fun had I been able to get Mr. W to engage with me directly, but it seems he wasn't interested. Instead, Bucky got to take all the best swipes.

But hey, a little brawl now and then can be invigorating for all concerned. Wink

You aren't 'everyone'.
Didn't say or imply that I was. Just throwing in my opinion as a datapoint because, hey!, it's the internet, eh? Smile

Quote:Not everyone had fun with Wendigo as Jerry stated. I don't trust Jerry...but I am not going to claim that everyone mistrusts Jerry.
I get your point. Got it a while ago, in fact.

Quote:I trust Jerry less and less with each passing day.

What you like or don't and what I like or don't doesn't constitute 'everyone's' preferences as much as Jerry wants it to be so.
And again, I never made even the merest suggestion that it did, or should.

OTOH, I usually try to be open about my own position in discussions, so I didn't want to hide behind the cloak of "everyone", even while I certainly don't claim to speak for the masses.

Whatever you and Jerry have going on, I don't know; I don't need to know; and truth be told, I don't even want to know.

I interact and react to each of you individually, and will continue to do so.

I am decidedly not taking sides in a dispute not my own; merely making my own position clear.

Fair enough?

--
Dr H

[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
03-10-2017, 09:00 PM
(02-10-2017 06:32 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I didn't have fun, I would like to see someone elaborate on a point to try and make a coherent statement over drip into a cease pool of rubbish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I understand that some people don't like playing with trolls, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that.

I always end up wondering, though: there must be something like 30-40,000 other threads on this website, at least.
Why continue to follow one that's just pissing you off?

Sometimes I burn out, too, on arguing with people who aren't really interested in having a productive discussion.
When I do . . . I just go elsewhere, and find or start other discussions.

Not making any judgments; just sayin'. Undecided

--
Dr H

[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
03-10-2017, 09:11 PM
(03-10-2017 02:34 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  He certainly could be atheist, theists after all don't have monopoly on being assholes
True.

Quote:but given idiocy he was writing I doubt that he was unbeliever.
Once he started losing his cool, his arguments fell into a pattern similar to what I've seen with any number of apologists I've interacted with, when they started to get backed into a corner, but refused to give up a false premise.
That's why I think he's a closet theist, probably Christian.

Quote:On the other hand I talked with atheists who described bible as "immensely valuable, brilliant and worthy" book, so who knows.
Yep.

So we'll probably never know for sure.

Does anybody really care, at this point?

I find myself marveling at the troll who leaves dissent behind, even after he's gone.

--
Dr H

[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
03-10-2017, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2017 01:40 AM by GirlyMan.)
(03-10-2017 05:08 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  What the fuck is everybody drinking?

Green dragons. Oh, and green fairies. Green dragons and green fairies. What I'm doing will get DLJ the death penalty. Thumbsup

I'm not exactly sure what's going on here, Jerry. In context, I think just before you got here the Jungian troll who keeps reappearing under different guises with different tactics hit us with the smarmy ingratiation and wheedling tactic. Your initial enthusiasm about participating in this particular forum of misfits may have been misinterpreted in light of the timing, Jerry. That said, I trust Anjele's smell for the unctuous, Jerry. (yeah it's getting old for me too now)

That said, that said, I really don't give a shit as long as we can have a laugh, Jerry. Big Grin

#sigh
04-10-2017, 12:12 AM
(03-10-2017 09:11 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Once he started losing his cool, his arguments fell into a pattern similar to what I've seen with any number of apologists I've interacted with, when they started to get backed into a corner, but refused to give up a false premise.
That's why I think he's a closet theist, probably Christian.

With his "Holy Bible" nonsense he looked like deluded fool from a start I would say.

Quote:Yep.

So we'll probably never know for sure.

Does anybody really care, at this point?

I find myself marveling at the troll who leaves dissent behind, even after he's gone.

Him being atheist or not does not impact my life so I can't say I really care - I just doubt his claim of being unbeliever based on shit he wrote. But as I said in earlier post who knows.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
04-10-2017, 02:01 AM
(04-10-2017 12:12 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  ...
I just doubt his claim of being unbeliever based on shit he wrote. But as I said in earlier post who knows.

I don't doubt it.

It's not uncommon to say nix on the existential question without entirely rejecting the ethics question.

In this case, explainable given Deesse's skillful geo-cultural analysis, there just wasn't an in-depth knowledge of the literal ethics; merely a vague understanding of the evolved ethics of his social group(s).

The reason why I found the exchanges interesting ("invigorating" is too strong a word) was the religious-like avoidance of arguments that undermined his ego-equilibrium i.e. challenges to his beliefs that might take him too far out of his comfort zone... this was a 'flight' reaction.

Instead, to maintain his balance he had a 'fight' reaction by deliberately choosing to respond as though personally (id) attacked.

Consider

A fascinating case study.

Filed for future reference.

Yes

[Image: Z9F4SCr.jpg]

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post