I believe the mods have made a serious mistake.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-03-2017, 08:55 PM
RE: I believe the mods have made a serious mistake.
Anyway, I didn't mean for RS thread to go off on a tangent Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-03-2017, 08:56 PM
(24-03-2017 08:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 08:44 PM)Aliza Wrote:  There were subtle indications, no doubt. -Signs we can see after the fact but that we're not trained to recognize or don't register as anything significant until we can see the context.

He struggled internally for a long time, but hid it well with his sense of humor and he also didn't want others to worry about him, so he became really skilled at hiding his internal struggles from others.

He talked about it when he and I were comparing meds that time. But that's neither here nor there.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
24-03-2017, 08:58 PM
(24-03-2017 08:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 08:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  He struggled internally for a long time, but hid it well with his sense of humor and he also didn't want others to worry about him, so he became really skilled at hiding his internal struggles from others.

He talked about it when he and I were comparing meds that time. But that's neither here nor there.

I can see him doing that with you. I know he didn't with me because he would be concerned I'd overworry about him.
24-03-2017, 08:58 PM
(24-03-2017 08:58 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 08:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  He talked about it when he and I were comparing meds that time. But that's neither here nor there.

I can see him doing that with you. I know he didn't with me because he would be concerned I'd overworry about him.

No, I mean he did it out in the open here. But he wasn't crying for help. He was trying to deal like everybody else. One day it wasn't worth the effort.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-03-2017, 09:00 PM
(24-03-2017 08:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 08:58 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I can see him doing that with you. I know he didn't with me because he would be concerned I'd overworry about him.

No, I mean he did it out in the open here with me.

Really? I must have missed that thread.
24-03-2017, 09:34 PM
This whole conversation is leaving me feeling sort of hollow. The original post was about RS's take on a reaction by management to a whole different situation. I'm going to look back at this later, after I'm not close to bed time and can digest it properly. Damn, this has taken a turn for the worse. I'm hoping that this can be parsed out correctly. Erik's suicide still weighs on me. Huh Dafuq? I'm signing off, now. Can't think of an emoji for this, beyond. No
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
24-03-2017, 10:04 PM
(24-03-2017 09:34 PM)Fireball Wrote:  This whole conversation is leaving me feeling sort of hollow. The original post was about RS's take on a reaction by management to a whole different situation. I'm going to look back at this later, after I'm not close to bed time and can digest it properly. Damn, this has taken a turn for the worse. I'm hoping that this can be parsed out correctly. Erik's suicide still weighs on me. Huh Dafuq? I'm signing off, now. Can't think of an emoji for this, beyond. No

*Hugs* I'm sorry I did not mean for it to go so far off in that direction. I guess I've been thinking about him a lot lately since we are nearing the anniversary of his death.

I'm sorry to you too, RS, I did not mean to take over your thread. Sad
25-03-2017, 01:42 AM
(24-03-2017 09:03 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It was locked for under 12 hours and I very much disagree it was a mistake to do so. SYZ and Muffs were just tearing into each other pointlessly and given the sensitive nature of the topic to several forum members it seemed the appropriate step...

I think when I posted the following [edited] insulting diatribe...

Quote:At any rate, I guess he'd be perfectly fine with me calling him a xxxxxx, or a xxxxxx or a xxxxxx? If he were to xxxxxx his way through any Aussie hotel carpark after dark, I can almost guarantee he'd be beaten up with his own xxxxxx by some real men, and his xxxxxx totally ruined for the night. Then again, xxxxxx like Earmuffs usually don't drink alcohol, as it may damage their xxxxxx, or make them go all xxxxxx in public.

... I should have made it clear that I was simply giving Earmuffs back some of his "own medicine"—which subsequently further angered him, rather than making him think in more depth about the possible negative ramifications of his obscene trans-phobic comments.

He posted this charming personal insult about me at one point... "because it's an internet forum you stupid cunt, we post ideas and share opinions and thoughts. IT'S THE ENTIRE POINT YOU DENSE. RETARDED. FUCK"

I would never post that sort of crude comment directed at another member, and I'm surprised the moderators let him get away with it, and with some people even posting in Earmuffs' defense along the lines of he's a funny bastard, or it's Muffs just being Muffs etc. Amazing LOL.

I remain convinced that Earmuffs' repugnant comments about other peoples' sexuality were totally out of order, and should've been curtailed by the moderator(s) prior to the thread falling into a verbal cesspool. It's also obvious (in hindsight) that he started the thread solely to give himself a platform in order to spew his vile opinions and nothing more. He was never seriously interested in having any sort of meaningful or respectful dialogue with other members, and his repeated personal attacks on Emma were simply unconscionable. Again, why did the moderator(s) condone this?

And incidentally Revenant, Earmuffs was repeatedly "tearing into" everybody—not just me. But apparently he leads some sort of charmed life here (for whatever reason). Hopefully when he grows up a bit, he may look back on his current behaviour and realise what a fool he's made of himself.

—And yes; I do dislike vexatious kids calling me a stupid cunt. I'm neither. Tongue

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
25-03-2017, 08:15 AM
Oh fuck, how did I miss this gem of a thread?

Quote:Having lived through the days when the teenage idiot Brit kid and the sheep-fucking Scottish moron killed the red Celt Piggie in our very own William Golding psychodrama, I'm happy to let these mods do what they will.

Right! These kids don't know how lucky they have it these days, they think a couple posts in 1 thread is suddenly the drama of the century and start calling the mods shit and threatening to leave etc... fucking amateurs. Hell, remember that mental patient? What was his name? Wicked Clown? Fuck me that was a shit storm and a half, not help by said Brit's... 'controversial' views on moderation or lack there of moderation I should say. This is by far the best this forum has ever been moderated with MomSBB in charge. No offense to Stark or Erxy.

The idea that a mod locked a thread for less than 12 hours is the biggest crime ever is fucking laughable.

Quote:However, if a member says that a certain word is highly upsetting to her and asks that it please stop...and it doesn't stop, that's just not okay. Particularly because it's hurtful and unnecessary.

Jeenybee, there's several ways to go about things.
There's the "respectful" way and there's the "disrespectful" way. How you go about something is how I'm going to respond.

If you (when I say 'you' I'm not meaning you specifically, just in general) want me to stop saying a word you find offensive, maybe don't start with calling me an ignorant asshole and completely dismissing the point of my thread. I mean if you think that's going to get the result you want you're fucking delusional. Emma is a drama queen. She thinks that she can force someone to do what she wants them to do by having a tantrum and playing the tranny card. Probably because it works in real life, I mean she said it herself that her friends would never dare call her a "tranny". I'm sure they've probably gone through the drama more than once to know it's not worth the hassle.

Anyway, Emma, you, others, want me to be "respectful"? But where was it to shown to me? Like I've said, Tranny is not an offensive word here. It's like how "cunt" is extremely 'offensive' in the States but it's really not a big deal here (thus why I use it, well that and it sounds great. Cunt. It's a great word.). Different cultures are different.
And so from my perspective I've done nothing wrong, because I haven't, and this tranny has just come into my thread and called me an ignorant asshole and demanding that I do this and that. Lolwut?? Fuck off. I'm not gonna do it when you speak like that.

All this is is Emma, SYZ and RS having a tantrum, especially Emma, because I wont do what they want me to do.
But of course I'm not going to do what they want me to do, they're being disrespectful and having a tantrum. I'm not going to respond favorably to that.
Apologize and ask me nicely.

Quote:I understand this is an open forum and free speech is valued, which is great, but sometimes another person's feelings should also be honored and taken into consideration as well.

So what gives their feels priority over mine?
Because they're having the bigger tantrum? That doesn't make them right and it doesn't justify what they are saying.
I don't feel like stopping just because they're having a cry about it.

Quote:which subsequently further angered him

Citation needed.

Quote:I'm neither. Tongue

Citation needed because your posts say otherwise. You stupid cunt.

[Image: oscar.png]
25-03-2017, 09:49 AM
(25-03-2017 08:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you (when I say 'you' I'm not meaning you specifically, just in general) want me to stop saying a word you find offensive, maybe don't start with calling me an ignorant asshole and completely dismissing the point of my thread.

This isn't entirely accurate insofar as I'm concerned. The first time you had a go at me (in a thread about a hypothetical war with North Korea, iirc) the only thing I had done was correct you on a factual error. You went from my correction to levelling multiple personal attacks very quickly.

Didn't bother me, I didn't ask you to avoid calling me any names, but I sure did get a laugh, what with you thinking that was going to buttress any point you were making.

And more to the point, my last words to you there:

(30-07-2015 10:28 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I sure hope my next discussion with you has more substance and less hot air. You're boring when you're angry; you end up looking like the many other Internet shouters. I had figured you were better than that ... guess I was wrong?

You can have the last word here. Good day.

[Emphasis not in original -- Thump]
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post