I believe the mods have made a serious mistake.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-03-2017, 01:20 PM
RE: I believe the mods have made a serious mistake.
(25-03-2017 08:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh fuck, how did I miss this gem of a thread?

[

I'm not sure who said the part about living through the days when the teenage idiot Brit kid and the sheep-fucking Scottish moron killed the red Celt Piggie thingie, so I'll let them respond to that Wink Also, I don't even know what that means Hobo Tongue

I think it's a fair point you make about someone asking you not to use that word instead of immediately calling you an ignorant asshole. But like you say, in the states that word is emotionally charged, and rightfully or wrongfully, that's why Emma reacted as she did. I think she was genuinely hurt.

She is usually a very sweet person on the forum and really doesn't get into it with anyone and goes so far as to edit her posts numerous times so she doesn't inadvertently hurt anyone's feelings. The Emma you saw was someone who was operating out of complete hurt.

And you're right, your feelings are important too--and obviously, you can continue along using that word should you choose to do so. No one is stopping you. I guess, imo, it comes down to what's more important to you: being able to use that word or having people actively start to discuss an interesting topic you came up with in your thread? Because when you use a word like that it is upsetting to some people and it takes over the entire thread and overshadows the topic.

For me, I choose not to use words that make no difference to me one way or the other, but make every difference in the world to someone else. I would do the same for you if someone started calling you a name you didn't like. And clearly, you don't need me to stick up for you, you do a good enough job on your own, I'm just sayin' Wink But it's one reason why I said several times that I don't think you're a bigot or ignorant asshole, despite other people saying that in the thread. I didn't think it was a fair statement because I don't think that's what you are about.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like jennybee's post
25-03-2017, 02:32 PM
RE: I believe the mods have made a serious mistake.
(25-03-2017 01:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  For me, I choose not to use words that make no difference to me one way or the other, but make every difference in the world to someone else.

THAT!!!!!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post