I believe the mods have made a serious mistake.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-03-2017, 05:28 PM
RE: I believe the mods have made a serious mistake.
(24-03-2017 05:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 05:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Please list five of those events that have happened in the last six months.

Again, it was a question and a suggestion. And it was directed toward the mods.

Mod hat on: I think it may be better, on occasion, to lock a thread and wait for tempers to cool than for whatever mod to be editing or deleting posts or making multiple pink posts, especially since many pink posts are ignored or argued with. Mods here already walk a line, trying to keep conversations going without being rule-brandishing hall monitors. Also, this mod likes sometimes to participate on the forum in addition to policing it (I'm paid the same either way).

My kid hated timeouts, and we didn't do them often, but when we did, they worked. Sometimes people need a conversational hiatus. Thinking about whether it's worth it to get so heated that in the future they stalk each other around the forum to carp and criticize. I for one find that exceedingly tiresome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
24-03-2017, 05:29 PM
(24-03-2017 05:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 05:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ... I'm 3D printing a Spiderman Buddha right now. Smile

That's only slightly creepy. Confused

And my apologies for calling you a bad name.

Pussy.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-03-2017, 05:31 PM
(24-03-2017 05:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 05:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Please list five of those events that have happened in the last six months.

Again, it was a question and a suggestion. And it was directed toward the mods.

So are you dictating who can and who cannot respond?

No, I am not a mod and will never be. That doesn't mean I haven't watched this place a long time and observed how things work.

Nice Heatheness style passive-aggressive move on your part though.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
24-03-2017, 05:39 PM
(24-03-2017 05:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 05:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Again, it was a question and a suggestion. And it was directed toward the mods.

So are you dictating who can and who cannot respond?

No, I am not a mod and will never be. That doesn't mean I haven't watched this place a long time and observed how things work.

Nice Heatheness style passive-aggressive move on your part though.

It wasn't passive-aggressive at all. I wanted the mods to respond as they are the ones with the power to make decisions regarding such things.
24-03-2017, 05:42 PM
Thanks Julep and Moms I appreciate your response Smile
24-03-2017, 05:53 PM
Popcorn
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
24-03-2017, 06:30 PM
(24-03-2017 05:39 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It wasn't passive-aggressive at all. I wanted the mods to respond as they are the ones with the power to make decisions regarding such things.

The mods don't make the decision about whether there should be more mods. Moms does that, and DLJ has input.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-03-2017, 06:35 PM
(24-03-2017 06:30 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 05:39 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It wasn't passive-aggressive at all. I wanted the mods to respond as they are the ones with the power to make decisions regarding such things.

The mods don't make the decision about whether there should be more mods. Moms does that, and DLJ has input.

Oh okay, I thought they all did.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-03-2017, 06:36 PM
I believe the mods have made a serious mistake.
(24-03-2017 08:15 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  You fucked up, mods. That's all there is to it. Unlock that thread and let Muffs take the lumps he has coming to him, instead of protecting his ass when he's being an ass. A brief pause might have mitigated the damage, sure, but at this point it's just growing into a rage I may have to take a few posts to discharge fully into that shit-bird's vacuous skull.
You think muffs is an asshole? Look at all the reps he has. Fuckers here love that little sawed off waste of skin.

Personally I'd love to see him choke on his teeth after I knocked them out of his mouth.

Look at his reps. WTF?
[Image: 23ef3b330d7c3340b97d4a54a4875331.jpg]
24-03-2017, 06:44 PM
(24-03-2017 06:36 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 08:15 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  You fucked up, mods. That's all there is to it. Unlock that thread and let Muffs take the lumps he has coming to him, instead of protecting his ass when he's being an ass. A brief pause might have mitigated the damage, sure, but at this point it's just growing into a rage I may have to take a few posts to discharge fully into that shit-bird's vacuous skull.
You think muffs is an asshole? Look at all the reps he has. Fuckers here love that little sawed off waste of skin.

Personally I'd love to see him choke on his teeth after I knocked them out of his mouth.

Look at his reps. WTF?
[Image: 23ef3b330d7c3340b97d4a54a4875331.jpg]

That sounds like a bit of a threat.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat