I bet nobody on this website can answer this question.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2014, 03:41 PM
RE: I bet nobody on this website can answer this question.
(09-01-2014 03:21 PM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  What was the first thing to ever come into exsistence?.

Before atoms, molecules, and the universe itself .. what exsisted? and what made that exsist? its an endless question of " what " because how can one thing or one person tell me it created every thing if it cant tell me what created it..

. For example if the theory of " God " was true then what would he/she or it tell you if you asked em what created them?.

or if the Big Bang is true, how can you sit here and say things just started popping up magically.. THERE HAS TO BE independent or dependent variables involed correct me if im wrong.. but it sounds wierd to me.

The point is the first thing to exsist must have had always exsisted , if not what made it?....
and thats what i would love to know and why im asking this question to hear other thoughts on this.
The part in bold is where you are making unwarranted assumptions.

We probably never will know what was the beginning of "existence" since it more than likely is beyond the epistemological scope for humans.

But you are still making assumptions that there is something that has always existed (or at least in the sense that you understand that word to mean), or that there were either independent or dependent variables to work with.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
No one knows for certain what happened 14 billion years ago, but we're working on finding out.

All we know is that those couple of books that are held as sacred by half the planet are bullpucky.
And that's atheism in a nutshell.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 1 user Likes Caveman's post
Have at it.

09-01-2014, 03:45 PM
(09-01-2014 03:36 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  Nothing has never existed. There is no such thing as nothing.

Matter/energy cannot be created or destroyed. It has always existed. It will always exist.

Prior to the Big Bang (if we can speak of such a thing, considering that the Big Bang also marks the beginning of time), mass-energy still existed. It just was not in its present form. How did this mass-energy exist? I don't know. The answer to that is beyond my intelligence, to be honest. But based on the Big Bang, we can work backward from the present and recognize that it was incredibly hot and incredibly dense. And then the expansion began...

Before that? Don't know. Can't describe it. But no scientific theory even challenges the basic truth that mass-energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Therefore, mass-energy has always existed, even "before" the Big Bang.

I completely agree with you that there is no chance that "nothing" ever exsisted because there would still be nothing. And i agree with you that it is out of our intelligence because what i said was true.. No one person can tell me the first thing to ever exist.
09-01-2014, 03:50 PM
And i have no idea why i kept putting an extra s is exist thats my fault.. i forgot how to spell i guess. lol
09-01-2014, 03:55 PM
There is no "first thing to exist." All things have always existed, just not in their present form. Perhaps all was energy. Considering the heat involved "in the beginning" and the subsequent cooling down, my best answer to your question would be that the first "matter," post Big-Bang and not counting subatomic particles and such, would have to have been some kind of gas.
[+] 1 user Likes TwoCultSurvivor's post
09-01-2014, 03:55 PM
It is my personal belief ( meaning that I can't support it with anything ) that everything is cyclic , thus everything that exists always existed just in a different form.
That means that nothing ever came into existence, but always existed. That also means that "nothing" that Krauss talks about in his "universe from nothing" is also a form of everything.

Some new findings fit very nicely into my hypothesis
http://www.sdu.dk/en/om_sdu/fakulteterne...g_universe
, so there you go bitches. Cool

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
09-01-2014, 03:58 PM
(09-01-2014 03:55 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  There is no "first thing to exist." All things have always existed, just not in their present form. Perhaps all was energy. Considering the heat involved "in the beginning" and the subsequent cooling down, my best answer to your question would be that the first "matter," post Big-Bang and not counting subatomic particles and such, would have to have been some kind of gas.

Just swipes at those words
"In the beginning..."

eh?
Bowing

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
09-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Well, if the Big Bang marks the start of space-time, then "in the beginning" seems to be the appropriate terminology to use, no? Wink
[+] 1 user Likes TwoCultSurvivor's post
09-01-2014, 04:04 PM
(09-01-2014 03:55 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  It is my personal belief ( meaning that I can't support it with anything ) that everything is cyclic , thus everything that exists always existed just in a different form.
That means that nothing ever came into existence, but always existed. That also means that "nothing" that Krauss talks about in his "universe from nothing" is also a form of everything.

Some new findings fit very nicely into my hypothesis
http://www.sdu.dk/en/om_sdu/fakulteterne...g_universe
, so there you go bitches. Cool

That just makes my head hurt thinking that everything existed forever because where did that stuff come from. I can't wrap my head around that .. I know it's the best we have to explain this argument but I think we are so far away an oblivious to the real answer.
[+] 1 user Likes TheThirdEye's post