I bet nobody on this website can answer this question.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2014, 04:57 PM
RE: I bet nobody on this website can answer this question.
Does anybody even bother to try to answer their own questions before they post threads like this? Planck epoch, Grand unification epoch, Electroweak epoch, Inflationary epoch, ... Have they never heard of Wikipedia?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014, 04:58 PM
(09-01-2014 04:26 PM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  
Quote:Why do you assume that it had to come from somewhere. You assume creation without any evidence for it or a need for it. That may seem logical to you but actually it makes a lot more sense that it always existed.

I agree with you that it makes more sense for everything to exist without a beginning but that still doesn't mean that makes sense ether .. "The Principle of sufficient reason for everything".. To our knowledge as humans we understand that for every action there has to be to a reaction. For something to just " exist forever " seems silly to me but I guess there isn't many otheways to look at it as of now.

You see...there is a big flaw in your reasoning, if you assume a creator....you either assume he "existed forever" ( but you already stated that seems silly to you ) or you assume that he also had a creator, and that creator had a creator , and so on...see Reductio ad absurdum.

So, there are only two possibilities...you either assume something that "exists forever " or you assume an infinite number of creators.

Since we know the universe exists , and there is no evidence or need for any other creator , it only makes sense that we assume that universe is the thing that existed forever. Simple and elegant. Also look at Occam's razor.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
09-01-2014, 05:04 PM
(09-01-2014 03:55 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  It is my personal belief ( meaning that I can't support it with anything ) that everything is cyclic , thus everything that exists always existed just in a different form.

You might like Nietszche. Except he thought everything happens exactly the same over and over again: Eternal Recurrence. Of course, he wasn't no physicist let alone a cosmologist.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-01-2014, 05:10 PM
(09-01-2014 04:32 PM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 04:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The question is meaningless, and is unanswerable.
"The first thing to come into existence" assumes an "order" in place already, (time).
"Existence" (vs non-existence) is (already) a *structure* in Reality.
Your question presumes that Reality is intuitively apprehendable by beings with in and familiar with only part of it's structure.
Sorry. Examine your presuppositions.
There ain't no Santa Claus.

And I see what your saying and probably the most intelligent thing said so far in this thread but that's like saying " We exist because we exist " ..

No it isn't. AT ALL.
It's "you're saying" BTW.

The best answer is "we don't know yet".
No one gets to make up an answer just because their brain NEEDS (or prefers) an answer. There is no "before" spacetime. Get over it, and go out and play.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-01-2014, 05:11 PM
(09-01-2014 04:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Does anybody even bother to try to answer their own questions before they post threads like this? Planck epoch, Grand unification epoch, Electroweak epoch, Inflationary epoch, ... Have they never heard of Wikipedia?

I usually smartass answer with:
I gotz Google. You don't gotz Google?

bad...........just baaaaddddd Cool

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
09-01-2014, 05:17 PM
(09-01-2014 05:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 03:55 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  It is my personal belief ( meaning that I can't support it with anything ) that everything is cyclic , thus everything that exists always existed just in a different form.

You might like Nietszche. Except he thought everything happens exactly the same over and over again: Eternal Recurrence. Of course, he wasn't no physicist let alone a cosmologist.

I've only read "Will to power" and that was a looooong time ago. My father has his complete works.
I really should read more. Confused

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
09-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Here's what the internet thinks (Wikipedia)

The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model that describes the early development of the Universe. According to the theory, the Big Bang occurred approximately 13.798 ± 0.037 billion years ago, which is thus considered the age of the universe. At this time, the Universe was in an extremely hot and dense state and began expanding rapidly. After the initial expansion, the Universe cooled sufficiently to allow energy to be converted into various subatomic particles, including protons, neutrons, and electrons. Though simple atomic nuclei formed within the first three minutes after the Big Bang, thousands of years passed before the first electrically neutral atoms formed. The majority of atoms that were produced by the Big Bang are hydrogen, along with helium and traces of lithium. Giant clouds of these primordial elements later coalesced through gravity to form stars and galaxies, and the heavier elements were synthesized either within stars or during supernovae.
09-01-2014, 05:35 PM
(09-01-2014 05:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 04:32 PM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  And I see what your saying and probably the most intelligent thing said so far in this thread but that's like saying " We exist because we exist " ..

No it isn't. AT ALL.

No one gets to make up an answer just because their brain NEEDS (or prefers) an answer. There is no "before" spacetime. Get over it, and go out and play.

We don't know yet ? Well how do you figure it out in the first place? you'll never know if there was a beginning or if everything is infinite. Just because your response is to give up and play doesn't make sense why are you on here then ?. Go kick rocks . The smart answer is We will never know .. And again it's the reason why I posted this . You cant answer the question.
09-01-2014, 05:37 PM
(09-01-2014 05:35 PM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 05:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No it isn't. AT ALL.

We don't know yet ? Well how do you figure it out in the first place? you'll never know if there was a beginning or if everything is infinite. Just because your response is to give up and play doesn't make sense why are you on here then ?. Go kick rocks . The smart answer is We will never know .. And again it's the reason why I posted this . You cant answer the question.

So not having an answer what........annoys you?Blink

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 4 users Like WitchSabrina's post
09-01-2014, 05:38 PM
I think time and space has always existed and always will. IMO there's no such thing as the beginning of time.