I bet nobody on this website can answer this question.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2014, 09:00 AM
RE: I bet nobody on this website can answer this question.
(09-01-2014 06:20 PM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 05:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nope. You should re-title your thread "No one here can give me an answer I WANT TO HEAR". What are you ? Like 12 ? No one said to give up looking. Just that SO FAR there is no good answer. You want us to LIE about that ? I see what this is about is YOUR NEEDS. YOUR psych NEEDS. Go find a shrink. Did they know about Relativity 200 years ago ? No. Because of a significant piece of missing information about the universe did they have less meaningful lives ? No. Now go out and play.

You're stupid. I comment or write back to people that said that things just popped up outta no where or think a bearded Jewish man made it . Or the fact it's all been here forever .. I'm in no need of an answer I sleep great at night, I simply wanted to hear opinions and argue opinions if need be.

Never said my life is anymore meaningful then anyone else's ether? So I don't know where that came from

If no one commented then i would of proved my point that you can't answer the question , the fact people tried to answer the question is why I said something back. It's unprovable. Of course it's my question to everyone but I'm not the first to ask it idiot. I'm arguing the case that it can't be answerd.

And for third eye comment you're stupid. it's called the pineal gland. Stop reading the first thing you see on google and believing it.

Hmmmm....what is your aversion to the use of commas? "And for the third eye comment, you're stupid." "I'm not the first to ask it, idiot."

I'm not the grammar police, but I will tell you that when you are addressing an audience to which you would like maintain a shred of credibility related to your intelligence, then grammar, spelling and proper punctuation es muy importante.

Surely you do not want to create the apperance that you are idiotic, despite the idiotic question gauntlet you have thrown down. That's why people are jumping on you about it.

Generally, we forgive and overlook those typos and errors once we get to know you. Being that you are new here, first impressions do matter. Food for thought.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
10-01-2014, 09:20 AM
I believe a number of broad categories of answer could correspond to know physics:

1. The universe was "created" by forces outside of the universe, such as the collision of two parent universes, by the collapse of some past universe, by its own future collapse somehow channeled backwards in time or via some theological mechanism. There is an external reality (possibly our own future reality) that brought this universe into existence somehow.

2. The universe doesn't so much have a "beginning" as an earliest time beyond which no time exists, making the universe itself "eternal" but having a definite starting edge to the time dimension. There is a beginning to the universe, but no temporal "cause".

3. The universe extends forever into the past. We can describe what happened since the big bang but there was a "forever" prior to the big bang that we can't observe. There is no beginning to the universe. It always existed in a pre-big-bang form.

We may find which of these categories reality falls into, or some alternative answer. In any case the answer will be sure to surprise.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
10-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Quote:What was the first thing to ever come into existence?.

Stupid arguments like this.

Oh my god you stumped me. NOT!

See if you can spot the pattern.

Theist, "You don't know so therefore Jesus is the one true god"
Theist, "You don't know so Allah is the one true god"
Theist, "You don't know so Yahweh is the one true god"
Theist, "You don't know so all the Hindu gods are real".

Science still has to figure out the "something vs nothing" prior to this universe and QM is pointing to both actually. But the part you fail to consider is that science is already scrapping, is the need for a prior cognition to start everything.

God/s deities/s super natural beings are nothing but comic book reflections of our own narcissism. You don't need Thor to explain lightening. You don't need Poseidon to explain hurricanes. You don't need Osirus or Horus or Ra to explain the physical makeup of the sun.

Between something vs nothing I lean to whatever being a NATURAL not magical being process, like gravity and evolution and the seasons changing. Just like you don't need Harry Potter flying around on a broom to explain how aircraft fly.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
10-01-2014, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 10:25 AM by TheThirdEye.)
(09-01-2014 09:21 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 09:14 PM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  Sorry Mr.english teacher I don't care about what you think of my grammar skills over the internet you clown.

You lost your bet, retard. Time to toddle off to bed before your Mommy catches you jacking off on the internet.

How did I lose the bet no one has answered the question? You look stupid trying to be cool on a forum you nerd. +3 cool points for you bro.

And for the people who tried to answer I respect the fact you can act like grown men and actually see what I'm trying to get at.
10-01-2014, 10:19 AM
(10-01-2014 09:00 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 06:20 PM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  You're stupid. I comment or write back to people that said that things just popped up outta no where or think a bearded Jewish man made it . Or the fact it's all been here forever .. I'm in no need of an answer I sleep great at night, I simply wanted to hear opinions and argue opinions if need be.

Never said my life is anymore meaningful then anyone else's ether? So I don't know where that came from

If no one commented then i would of proved my point that you can't answer the question , the fact people tried to answer the question is why I said something back. It's unprovable. Of course it's my question to everyone but I'm not the first to ask it idiot. I'm arguing the case that it can't be answerd.

And for third eye comment you're stupid. it's called the pineal gland. Stop reading the first thing you see on google and believing it.

Hmmmm....what is your aversion to the use of commas? "And for the third eye comment, you're stupid." "I'm not the first to ask it, idiot."

I'm not the grammar police, but I will tell you that when you are addressing an audience to which you would like maintain a shred of credibility related to your intelligence, then grammar, spelling and proper punctuation es muy importante.

Surely you do not want to create the apperance that you are idiotic, despite the idiotic question gauntlet you have thrown down. That's why people are jumping on you about it.

Generally, we forgive and overlook those typos and errors once we get to know you. Being that you are new here, first impressions do matter. Food for thought.

That's the thing I'm not here to impress you. Or anyone on this website. I understand most of you were bullied in high school and troll forums to make grammar corrections and try to tell a kid to go play as if you're not trying to be cool in front of random people.

Go ahead .. call the question stupid because it's impossible to answer it. It's a question answered by another question my friend it can't be answered.
10-01-2014, 10:29 AM
(10-01-2014 10:12 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 09:21 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You lost your bet, retard. Time to toddle off to bed before your Mommy catches you jacking off on the internet.

How did I lose the bet no one has answered the question? You look stupid trying to be cool on a forum you nerd. +3 cool points for you bro .

Oh, people have answered your question, just not the answer you want to hear.

Sometimes the answer is that there is no answer, and we may never have a conclusive answer, but it is better than taking a fairy tale and shoving it into the gaps.

Maybe you should go to college, learn about the science, and help further the research so that we may know more about the origins of the universe, but after that, I guess just sticking a fairy tale in the gaps is much easier and less time consuming.
[+] 1 user Likes slydog's post
10-01-2014, 10:32 AM
(10-01-2014 10:19 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 09:00 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Hmmmm....what is your aversion to the use of commas? "And for the third eye comment, you're stupid." "I'm not the first to ask it, idiot."

That's the thing I'm not here to impress you. Or anyone on this website. I understand most of you were bullied in high school and troll forums to make grammar corrections and try to tell a kid to go play as if you're not trying to be cool in front of random people.

Go ahead .. call the question stupid because it's impossible to answer it. It's a question answered by another question my friend it can't be answered.

The last sentence (put in bold for you) makes no sense. Please read and reword.
10-01-2014, 10:34 AM
(10-01-2014 10:29 AM)slydog Wrote:  Maybe you should go to college, learn about the science, and help further the research so that we may know more about the origins of the universe, but after that, I guess just sticking a fairy tale in the gaps is much easier and less time consuming.
I don't recall OP ever saying that he's a theist. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
10-01-2014, 10:34 AM
(10-01-2014 10:19 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  It's a question answered by another question my friend it can't be answered.

Then why bring it up except to troll!

[Image: 4915067+_154a001f7576ec843cb83aaba72d06dc.jpeg]

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
10-01-2014, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 10:41 AM by TheThirdEye.)
(10-01-2014 10:29 AM)slydog Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 10:12 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  How did I lose the bet no one has answered the question? You look stupid trying to be cool on a forum you nerd. +3 cool points for you bro .

Oh, people have answered your question, just not the answer you want to hear.

Sometimes the answer is that there is no answer, and we may never have a conclusive answer, but it is better than taking a fairy tale and shoving it into the gaps.

Maybe you should go to college, learn about the science, and help further the research so that we may know more about the origins of the universe, but after that, I guess just sticking a fairy tale in the gaps is much easier and less time consuming.

Again that's my point if you can read. I'm trying to prove that the answer of this question will always be someone's beliefs.. There is no way to go back and time to tell what " the first thing to ever exist " was.. Doesn't mater if it's 3017 or 1970. No one will know.

Not that I don't want to here everyone's answers. It's the fact that your answers are opinions is why I can argue and question them.