I bet nobody on this website can answer this question.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2014, 02:50 PM
RE: I bet nobody on this website can answer this question.
(10-01-2014 10:36 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 10:29 AM)slydog Wrote:  Oh, people have answered your question, just not the answer you want to hear.

Sometimes the answer is that there is no answer, and we may never have a conclusive answer, but it is better than taking a fairy tale and shoving it into the gaps.

Maybe you should go to college, learn about the science, and help further the research so that we may know more about the origins of the universe, but after that, I guess just sticking a fairy tale in the gaps is much easier and less time consuming.

Again that's my point if you can read. I'm trying to prove that the answer of this question will always be someone's beliefs.. There is no way to go back and time to tell what " the first thing to ever exist " was.. Doesn't mater if it's 3017 or 1970. No one will know.

Not that I don't want to here everyone's answers. It's the fact that your answers are opinions is why I can argue and question them.

Then what is the point in asking the question if you think you know the answer? What is your answer to the question you asked?

The bolded sentence is your opinion. Eventually someone might find the answer to the question. It wouldn't be someone's belief or opinion, but a conclusive answer that supports all the scientific research done on the subject. That is why "I don't know" is the answer at the moment. It isn't an opinion, but fact. You seem to be it mixing with "we will never know", which is an opinion.

Oh and here should be hear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2014, 03:37 PM
(10-01-2014 10:36 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 10:29 AM)slydog Wrote:  Oh, people have answered your question, just not the answer you want to hear.

Sometimes the answer is that there is no answer, and we may never have a conclusive answer, but it is better than taking a fairy tale and shoving it into the gaps.

Maybe you should go to college, learn about the science, and help further the research so that we may know more about the origins of the universe, but after that, I guess just sticking a fairy tale in the gaps is much easier and less time consuming.

Again that's my point if you can read. I'm trying to prove that the answer of this question will always be someone's beliefs.. There is no way to go back and time to tell what " the first thing to ever exist " was.. Doesn't mater if it's 3017 or 1970. No one will know.

Not that I don't want to here everyone's answers. It's the fact that your answers are opinions is why I can argue and question them.

Mental masturbation bullshit. Saying that gaps in knowledge exist does not mean you have license to insert bullshit into it. Claims ARE NOT equal and there is only one universal way to guide ourselves to facts.

The "first thing" was NOT a unicorn. The "first thing" was not pixies. The "first thing" was not Thor. The first thing was not a fucking cognition of any kind.

QM if you knew a damned thing about it is not concerned with something or nothing because in QM both seem to overlap. What science does not do which is what you do is like a layperson "I don't know means=anything goes".

Ok, if that is the case then I could claim the first thing ever was me fucking Angelina Jolie. Somehow I think you'd rightfully reject that as a claim.

Otherwise when you try to start your car, and it doesn't start, and you were away from it before it didn't start, since there was a gap in your presence with the car, then Lex Luthor must have magically made it stop working.

Filling in gaps is what idiots do, science doesn't fill in gaps with bullshit.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2014, 03:39 PM
(10-01-2014 02:50 PM)slydog Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 10:36 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  Again that's my point if you can read. I'm trying to prove that the answer of this question will always be someone's beliefs.. There is no way to go back and time to tell what " the first thing to ever exist " was.. Doesn't mater if it's 3017 or 1970. No one will know.

Then what is the point in asking the question if you think you know the answer? What is your answer to the question you asked?

The bolded sentence is your opinion. Eventually someone might find the answer to the question. It wouldn't be someone's belief or opinion, but a conclusive answer that supports all the scientific research done on the subject. That is why "I don't know" is the answer at the moment. It isn't an opinion, but fact. You seem to be it mixing with "we will never know", which is an opinion.

I never tried answering the question because you can't answer it.
10-01-2014, 03:44 PM
(10-01-2014 03:39 PM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 02:50 PM)slydog Wrote:  Then what is the point in asking the question if you think you know the answer? What is your answer to the question you asked?

I never tried answering the question because you can't answer it.

Me thinks you are unclear as to what you just said. Blink

But hey - you're in good company Thumbsup This place generally is seriously into answering questions. One of the reasons I like it here so much.

cheers

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
10-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Why do you go straight to ad hominems when someone disagrees with you?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
10-01-2014, 03:50 PM
(10-01-2014 03:39 PM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  I never tried answering the question because you can't answer it.

So why did you made a thread asking a question that can't be answered ( in your opinion) ?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
10-01-2014, 03:50 PM
PC atheists, and apologists always pull this "We don't know" bullshit, every time I see this argument I think of Jim Carry in "Dumb and Dumber" when he says "So you're saying there's a chance".

If "anything goes" because we don't currently know all there is to know about the universe, then by default I can fart a full sized Lamborghini out of my ass.

There are tons of absurd claims people dismiss without dwelling on them.

The only thing rational about what was before the universe that you could lean to is whatever it is would be as natural as a tornado or hurricane or tide or gravity. What it would not be is magic or require cognition.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2014, 04:08 PM

Thumbsup

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 8 users Like Crulax's post
10-01-2014, 04:12 PM
(10-01-2014 03:50 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 03:39 PM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  I never tried answering the question because you can't answer it.
So why did you made a thread asking a question that can't be answered ( in your opinion) ?

To have a discussion/debate on other peoples opinions and beliefs on the subject.
10-01-2014, 04:15 PM
(09-01-2014 03:21 PM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  What was the first thing to ever come into existence?.

Your mums cunt.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post