I blame DLJ!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2015, 01:58 PM
RE: I blame DLJ!
(05-08-2015 09:42 AM)kim Wrote:  I think "introvert" is very misunderstood ... it seems to have taken on some negative connotation. I've actually found myself wondering why being an introvert is such "a bad thing". Personally, I think it's more of a natural state of being.

I've noticed when I'm around people, they often wonder aloud, how I manage to get so much stuff done. I'll usually tell them the truth ... that I don't let people & socializing distract me from what I want to do. I get shit done and then I get social. The next words out of their mouths are, "Don't you get lonely?"

I think I've come to the conclusion that many people are simply afraid to be alone. I'm not certain why.... and it's probably different for everyone.

Consider Still thinking that over.

Yep, after hubby died people would comment on how lonely it must be living in the country all alone. I still don't get it and probably never will - I haven't been lonely for a second. I miss him, that is different from being lonely. I don't miss anyone else. I have dogs, I have a garden, lots of wildlife, books, computers... I am never bored, either. I think maybe you have to be bored before you can be lonely?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
05-08-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: I blame DLJ!
(05-08-2015 01:58 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-08-2015 09:42 AM)kim Wrote:  I think "introvert" is very misunderstood ... it seems to have taken on some negative connotation. I've actually found myself wondering why being an introvert is such "a bad thing". Personally, I think it's more of a natural state of being.

I've noticed when I'm around people, they often wonder aloud, how I manage to get so much stuff done. I'll usually tell them the truth ... that I don't let people & socializing distract me from what I want to do. I get shit done and then I get social. The next words out of their mouths are, "Don't you get lonely?"

I think I've come to the conclusion that many people are simply afraid to be alone. I'm not certain why.... and it's probably different for everyone.

Consider Still thinking that over.

Yep, after hubby died people would comment on how lonely it must be living in the country all alone. I still don't get it and probably never will - I haven't been lonely for a second. I miss him, that is different from being lonely. I don't miss anyone else. I have dogs, I have a garden, lots of wildlife, books, computers... I am never bored, either. I think maybe you have to be bored before you can be lonely?

My daughters are constantly surrounded by other people. It seems they cannot be alone, don't want to be alone, and will go out of their way to be with others at all times.

My son is more like I am and needs and enjoys his solitude.

If I had to spend a week living like my girls do, I would probably look for a cliff to leap off. It would drive me nuts.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post