I call for a revolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2016, 05:41 AM
RE: I call for a revolution
I cry that nobody has read, The Entity, by Eric Frarntini.

The Entiny.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2016, 06:22 AM
(19-04-2016 05:41 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I cry that nobody has read, The Entity, by Eric Frarntini.

The Entiny.

er, bruh?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-04-2016, 06:31 AM
(19-04-2016 06:22 AM)Kyx Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 05:41 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I cry that nobody has read, The Entity, by Eric Frarntini.

The Entiny.

er, bruh?

Exactly.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-04-2016, 06:55 AM
(19-04-2016 06:31 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 06:22 AM)Kyx Wrote:  er, bruh?

Exactly.

sorry, mon frère.
19-04-2016, 07:11 AM
(18-04-2016 07:57 AM)DLJ Wrote:  p.s. Have you noticed that intellectuals tend to come off quite badly in most revolutions?

Yes, along with their heads.

Revolutions like war sound sexy and 17 year olds get giddy about them, that’s why there’s never a shortage of human fodder.

[Image: quote-war-appeals-to-young-men-because-i...-59-45.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
19-04-2016, 07:19 AM
(19-04-2016 07:11 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 07:57 AM)DLJ Wrote:  p.s. Have you noticed that intellectuals tend to come off quite badly in most revolutions?

Yes, along with their heads.

Revolutions like war sound sexy and 17 year olds get giddy about them, that’s why there’s never a shortage of human fodder.

[Image: quote-war-appeals-to-young-men-because-i...-59-45.jpg]

bruh?
19-04-2016, 07:25 AM
DLJ dateline' Wrote:  p.s. Have you noticed that intellectuals tend to come off quite badly in most revolutions?

Except for those who were leading it. They profited from it if only for a time as Russian example shows.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
19-04-2016, 10:50 AM
The only way anything get's changed is with education. If you want religion to fall it has to be a slow and steady process. Most religions have had thousands of years to seep into people culture and minds. That can not be wiped out simple by a handful of people.

Yes there will always be the stupid. People that are so stuck in there ways they would refuse any evidence presented, or come up with dillsuitional ideas. We still live in a world with flat-earthers. If you want to eradicate the bad practices of religion, you need to take a rule out of their play book. Go for the young. Grand pa that's that's been buying into the same bs story for 80 years will almost never change their minds. But lil timmy 10 years that just recently figured out there is not Santa, Easter bunny, or tooth fairy will be quicker to understand the difference between fact a fiction.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 5 users Like Commonsensei's post
19-04-2016, 01:01 PM
(18-04-2016 07:23 AM)Kyx Wrote:  Revolution is the only way!

Do we really want the future to be as it was in the past? There have been similar revolutions before, for the same purpose, and they were quite successful. If we have a revolution now, we can win. We WILL win.

No, we can't win and won't win. Our government spies on everyone and monitors all internet activity. Congratulations, you are probably on a list somewhere. In the days when a rev was possible, the military didn't have weapons that were any better than civilians had. Likewise, body armor and many other things that only the military or police can have also did not exist. The gov needs to be changed badly, but armed conflict will not work. They know they are corrupt and need to go the way of the dinosaurs.
19-04-2016, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2016 01:23 PM by Szuchow.)
(19-04-2016 01:01 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  No, we can't win and won't win.

For starter there is no "we".

(19-04-2016 01:01 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  In the days when a rev was possible, the military didn't have weapons that were any better than civilians had.

Tell me more about French civilians having access to artillery and also remember to remind Czechs and Slovaks that their revolution was not possible.

(19-04-2016 01:01 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Likewise, body armor and many other things that only the military or police can have also did not exist.

This Wikipedia entry begs to differ: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuirassier...eonic_Wars

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post