I call for a revolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2016, 01:38 PM
RE: I call for a revolution
For the record, and without getting into this aspect of the same conversation I've had in other threads, and with no overall point in mind, my own personal 5.56mm and 9mm carbines, the ammunition I use in them, my body armor and plate carrier, and my night optics are all of vastly superior quality than my military issue equivalents Tongue

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
20-04-2016, 03:57 PM
(19-04-2016 01:01 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 07:23 AM)Kyx Wrote:  Revolution is the only way!

Do we really want the future to be as it was in the past? There have been similar revolutions before, for the same purpose, and they were quite successful. If we have a revolution now, we can win. We WILL win.

No, we can't win and won't win. Our government spies on everyone and monitors all internet activity. Congratulations, you are probably on a list somewhere. In the days when a rev was possible, the military didn't have weapons that were any better than civilians had. Likewise, body armor and many other things that only the military or police can have also did not exist. The gov needs to be changed badly, but armed conflict will not work. They know they are corrupt and need to go the way of the dinosaurs.

It's going to fall soon. That's why I'm going to be voting for either Hillary Clinton or Sanders. Either one of them will be the final nail in the coffin I think. The world is like a tree that is just a few axe hits away from falling. There is always that last chop before the tree starts to fall. I think we're there now, most of the world. Of course Trump will not be much better. No matter who wins, what's coming can not be stopped now. All ponzi schemes fail. I'm just worried what will replace it. I think we are going to go through a time every bit as momentous as the founding. Will the world move toward individual liberty and capitalism or will it move more toward collectivism and authoritarianism. With the kinds of ideas that are dominant in the West now, I fear it will be the latter. Or maybe it will be another mixed system like we have now that will struggle on for decades only to collapse again. Only time will tell.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
20-04-2016, 08:50 PM
I'm not quite so optimistic as to believe that the collapse is almost here, but if it were to happen I'd probably end up simply reporting to my unit if it's still intact and, if it isn't, getting with a bunch of (probably religious) self proclaimed 3%ers in Vermont and going from there in the interest of claiming local strategic resources and opposing the cartels and gangs that would quickly overrun the bigger cities and become the biggest threat. I'd start by claiming various National Guard assets in Vermont, it's air power capabilities in particular just in case air superiority is needed to keep short term opposing forces at bay, then moving on to Fort Drum. Once in contact with whatever is left of the federal government, I figure we'd turn over those assets and say "here you go, now give us some more ammo and find us some gang bangers to blow up before the party is over."

The secular portion of the population, even if it were the majority, would be irrelevant in this power struggle.

No, I'm not crazy.

'Murican Canadian
21-04-2016, 10:16 AM
(20-04-2016 08:50 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm not quite so optimistic as to believe that the collapse is almost here, but if it were to happen I'd probably end up simply reporting to my unit if it's still intact and, if it isn't, getting with a bunch of (probably religious) self proclaimed 3%ers in Vermont and going from there in the interest of claiming local strategic resources and opposing the cartels and gangs that would quickly overrun the bigger cities and become the biggest threat. I'd start by claiming various National Guard assets in Vermont, it's air power capabilities in particular just in case air superiority is needed to keep short term opposing forces at bay, then moving on to Fort Drum. Once in contact with whatever is left of the federal government, I figure we'd turn over those assets and say "here you go, now give us some more ammo and find us some gang bangers to blow up before the party is over."

The secular portion of the population, even if it were the majority, would be irrelevant in this power struggle.

No, I'm not crazy.

I think it will be in the next few years. How I know this is negative interest rates. The world's economy has been propped up by central banks and they are out of ammo. Now they are going to or talking about negative interests rates. It's clear that they can never let interest rates rise or it's over. This Ponzi scheme that these people have put in place requires more and more debt to survive but we are already maxed out on it. The debt bubble is about to burst and nothing can stop it and this time I don't think the government will survive. It's gotten too big and complex and corrupted. People don't trust it any more. People are much less self sufficient now than they were in the 30"s. They are also much less well behaved. I'm glad I live at least 5 hours from the nearest big city. I live in an area twice the size of Rhode Island but with a population of only 50,000.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
21-04-2016, 10:31 AM
(21-04-2016 10:16 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 08:50 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm not quite so optimistic as to believe that the collapse is almost here, but if it were to happen I'd probably end up simply reporting to my unit if it's still intact and, if it isn't, getting with a bunch of (probably religious) self proclaimed 3%ers in Vermont and going from there in the interest of claiming local strategic resources and opposing the cartels and gangs that would quickly overrun the bigger cities and become the biggest threat. I'd start by claiming various National Guard assets in Vermont, it's air power capabilities in particular just in case air superiority is needed to keep short term opposing forces at bay, then moving on to Fort Drum. Once in contact with whatever is left of the federal government, I figure we'd turn over those assets and say "here you go, now give us some more ammo and find us some gang bangers to blow up before the party is over."

No, I'm not crazy.

I think it will be in the next few years. How I know this is negative interest rates. The world's economy has been propped up by central banks and they are out of ammo. Now they are going to or talking about negative interests rates. It's clear that they can never let interest rates rise or it's over. This Ponzi scheme that these people have put in place requires more and more debt to survive but we are already maxed out on it. The debt bubble is about to burst and nothing can stop it and this time I don't think the government will survive. It's gotten too big and complex and corrupted. People don't trust it any more. People are much less self sufficient now than they were in the 30"s. They are also much less well behaved. I'm glad I live at least 5 hours from the nearest big city. I live in an area twice the size of Rhode Island but with a population of only 50,000.

There will always be some form of government, and they've never stopped changing hands. Civil wars, unrest, and military coups happen fairly regularly. Even superpowers like the Soviet Union were not invulnerable to fracturing, and neither are nations like the U.S. and China. The current economic crisis is indeed problematic, but it's not unique. The building blocks for revolution have always been there. Whether or not the right things happen to set off the spark is usually a matter of chance. I therefore won't say it couldn't happen, but I don't think this or any other single issue is a sure indicator that it will.

I'm just gonna keep going about my life. If it all manages to hold together, great. If not, I'm good with that too, and probably more useful in a collapse than I am as a family man living in a 1st world bubble anyway.

'Murican Canadian
21-04-2016, 06:53 PM
(21-04-2016 10:31 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 10:16 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  I think it will be in the next few years. How I know this is negative interest rates. The world's economy has been propped up by central banks and they are out of ammo. Now they are going to or talking about negative interests rates. It's clear that they can never let interest rates rise or it's over. This Ponzi scheme that these people have put in place requires more and more debt to survive but we are already maxed out on it. The debt bubble is about to burst and nothing can stop it and this time I don't think the government will survive. It's gotten too big and complex and corrupted. People don't trust it any more. People are much less self sufficient now than they were in the 30"s. They are also much less well behaved. I'm glad I live at least 5 hours from the nearest big city. I live in an area twice the size of Rhode Island but with a population of only 50,000.

There will always be some form of government, and they've never stopped changing hands. Civil wars, unrest, and military coups happen fairly regularly. Even superpowers like the Soviet Union were not invulnerable to fracturing, and neither are nations like the U.S. and China. The current economic crisis is indeed problematic, but it's not unique. The building blocks for revolution have always been there. Whether or not the right things happen to set off the spark is usually a matter of chance. I therefore won't say it couldn't happen, but I don't think this or any other single issue is a sure indicator that it will.

I'm just gonna keep going about my life. If it all manages to hold together, great. If not, I'm good with that too, and probably more useful in a collapse than I am as a family man living in a 1st world bubble anyway.

Oh I agree. I just wonder what kind will follow. Judging by the ideas of the vast majority of my fellow countrymen, it will be more authoritarian. America is deeply divided. There are those that want the government to take care of them from cradle to grave and think the government should be involved in all aspects of life and there are those who want the government to do only those things enumerated in the Constitution and hands off otherwise. I believe if there is a major collapse that at least the United states will break up into 3 or more polities. I don't know about Europe.

We'll just have to be awake and see what happens. I'm not a dooms day prepper or anything. I think the most valuable thing to have in an emergency is a brain and to know how to use it.

21-04-2016, 07:20 PM
(21-04-2016 06:53 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 10:31 AM)yakherder Wrote:  There will always be some form of government, and they've never stopped changing hands. Civil wars, unrest, and military coups happen fairly regularly. Even superpowers like the Soviet Union were not invulnerable to fracturing, and neither are nations like the U.S. and China. The current economic crisis is indeed problematic, but it's not unique. The building blocks for revolution have always been there. Whether or not the right things happen to set off the spark is usually a matter of chance. I therefore won't say it couldn't happen, but I don't think this or any other single issue is a sure indicator that it will.

Oh I agree. I just wonder what kind will follow. Judging by the ideas of the vast majority of my fellow countrymen, it will be more authoritarian. America is deeply divided. There are those that want the government to take care of them from cradle to grave and think the government should be involved in all aspects of life and there are those who want the government to do only those things enumerated in the Constitution and hands off otherwise. I believe if there is a major collapse that at least the United states will break up into 3 or more polities. I don't know about Europe.

We'll just have to be awake and see what happens. I'm not a dooms day prepper or anything. I think the most valuable thing to have in an emergency is a brain and to know how to use it.

It's a good idea to stay as debt free as possible anyway. Our lives are pretty much designed for the average person to spend the years between maturity and retirement paying off debt. Even if things do not turn nasty, or don't get very bad in the first place, it is good to be as debt free as possible.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-04-2016, 10:00 PM
(21-04-2016 07:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 06:53 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Oh I agree. I just wonder what kind will follow. Judging by the ideas of the vast majority of my fellow countrymen, it will be more authoritarian. America is deeply divided. There are those that want the government to take care of them from cradle to grave and think the government should be involved in all aspects of life and there are those who want the government to do only those things enumerated in the Constitution and hands off otherwise. I believe if there is a major collapse that at least the United states will break up into 3 or more polities. I don't know about Europe.

It's a good idea to stay as debt free as possible anyway. Our lives are pretty much designed for the average person to spend the years between maturity and retirement paying off debt. Even if things do not turn nasty, or don't get very bad in the first place, it is good to be as debt free as possible.

That's me. I have very little debt. I'm also not very materialistic, I live very simply compared to most people. My favorite book is Walden.

21-04-2016, 11:49 PM
damn it! Where was I when this was going on? This conversation seemed hilarious to be a part of.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
25-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Just out of curiosity. What does it mean to be "banned"? I notice that several users, with the notation "banned" and a line drawn through their name, show up and offer their two cents. I see no reaction from long-time members, so I'm just a little puzzled.

"Why hast thou forsaken me, o deity whose existence I doubt..." - Dr. Sheldon Cooper