I call for a revolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2016, 01:14 PM
RE: I call for a revolution
(25-04-2016 01:09 PM)mgoering Wrote:  Just out of curiosity. What does it mean to be "banned"? I notice that several users, with the notation "banned" and a line drawn through their name, show up and offer their two cents. I see no reaction from long-time members, so I'm just a little puzzled.

... To be banned means you have been formally marked as a sacrifice to Cthulu.

Banned members can't post. If you see posts from them it's from before they were banned. Sometimes a member can be banned and then later unbanned, but that's rare.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2016, 01:52 PM
(25-04-2016 01:09 PM)mgoering Wrote:  Just out of curiosity. What does it mean to be "banned"? I notice that several users, with the notation "banned" and a line drawn through their name, show up and offer their two cents. I see no reaction from long-time members, so I'm just a little puzzled.

I think that any old responses from a banned member shows up that way. If I make a comment now and a year later I get banned for some reason, this and all comments I posted would show me as banned. I am pretty sure they are not new posts. Correct me if I am wrong.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
25-04-2016, 02:17 PM

You broke a rule, and the forum administration has seen fit to revoke your access to the forum. You may browse, but cannot post.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
25-04-2016, 02:23 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-04-2016, 04:02 PM
We're definitely too slack to even think about organising any revolution Downunder. All too ferken hard. Crack another tinnie and think about it tommorra. Maybe.

[Image: dechchair_kangaroo_intarsia_woodworking_...tterns.jpg]

Cool

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
26-04-2016, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2016 07:54 AM by Birdguy1979.)
(25-04-2016 04:02 PM)SYZ Wrote:  We're definitely too slack to even think about organising any revolution Downunder. All too ferken hard. Crack another tinnie and think about it tommorra. Maybe.

[Image: dechchair_kangaroo_intarsia_woodworking_...tterns.jpg]

Cool

As far as I see it you don't need one there. Your country doesn't just welcome in anyone and everyone and then give them an unfair advantage over anyone that was born there. The usa has become a prison. Anyone born here has to work 3 times as hard and pay all taxes, versus the illegals that get healthcare and only pay sales tax if they buy something. At least your country lives by immigration rules. You must be useful and have a certain level of income in order to move there. Here, you get to move here if you want to just be taken care of. I say it is a prison, because there is nowhere for a citizen to run. Fleeing to Mexico? No, they would lock us up in a filthy prison for a few years before deportation. Same with any other countries. The usa, now this place needs a revolution. Doubt it will ever happen though. Electing Trump is the closest we will get to a revolution.
26-04-2016, 12:22 PM
I'm an American, still in the US Army (albeit on weekend warrior status), living and working in Canada where I have permanent residency (and citizenship within the year) and cross the border into Vermont every month to get my guns and Murica fix and beg for deployments Smile

I am, however, genetically predispositioned to be the outlier Tongue

'Murican Canadian
26-04-2016, 09:38 PM

It means that, for some reason, the admins have banned that user from the forums. We often see that with new users because they're either spamming or are actually old users making second accounts (which is a bannable offense, known as being a sock puppet or, if you're Moms and using Autocorrect, a cock pimple).

USUALLY there's an explanation posted in the Ban Log thread. This time.... none. I was curious, but not curious enough to ask. Besides, Moms feels like enough of an animal in the zoo in that thread without being explicitly told that people are watching it.

Angel

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail