I call for a revolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2016, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2016 09:12 AM by DLJ.)
RE: I call for a revolution
(18-04-2016 07:08 AM)Kyx Wrote:  Religion is getting us nowhere. We need to abolish all religion,
LET THE REVOLUTION BEGIN!!!!!

There's already a revolution underway. The religion bubble will be burst by electing the first officially non-Chrushgen POTUS.

I'm for abolition too but the Yakman is right.

May the FSM have mercy on your salsa if you don't get it right this time.

Blink

p.s. Have you noticed that intellectuals tend to come off quite badly in most revolutions?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2016, 07:59 AM
(18-04-2016 07:57 AM)Kyx Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 07:56 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If you're in a theocratic country and have a formidable army of secular intellectuals willing to die for their cause and well armed enough to make it worth doing so, then by all means start a revolution.

If you live in a country which is predominantly secular already and the biggest problems are corruption and greed, don't bullshit yourself into believing that any leaders you've got in your own ranks would be any different once the context of their lives changes. Just stick to protesting and taking selfies of yourself after you get pepper sprayed if it makes you feel better.

A revolution sounds much better than a simple protest

If you're fucking nuts, then yes I agree and can relate. But if the chaos of the world bothers you, I'll assume that you're not fucking nuts, and therefore not prepared, emotionally or physically, for the realities of a revolution.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
18-04-2016, 07:59 AM
(18-04-2016 07:57 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 07:08 AM)Kyx Wrote:  Religion is getting us nowhere. We need to abolish all religion,

There's already a revolution underway. The religion bubble will be burst by electing the first officially non-Chrushgen POTUS.

I'm for abolition too but the Yakman is right.

May the FSM have mercy on your salsa if you don't get it right this time.

Blink

I call for the biggest revolution in history Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-04-2016, 08:00 AM
(18-04-2016 07:59 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 07:57 AM)Kyx Wrote:  A revolution sounds much better than a simple protest

If you're fucking nuts, then yes I agree and can relate. But if the chaos of the world bothers you, I'll assume that you're not fucking nuts, and therefore not prepared, emotionally or physically, for the realities of a revolution.

A revolution is the quickest way. We need this to be as quick as possible, whatever the short-term cost Wink
18-04-2016, 08:02 AM
(18-04-2016 07:41 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 07:08 AM)Kyx Wrote:  Religion is getting us nowhere. We need to abolish all religion, and the quickest way to that is with a revolution.

The illuminati is supposed to be planning such a revolution, but no-one has heard anything of them for several centuries. They seem to be taking their time, which we do not have.

Which is why I have created a group of people who also believe that a revolution is the only answer, and we have called ourselves the intelligentsia. The intelligentsia is recruiting members.

Thing is, the 'Luminati went and started their own damn religion: http://principiadiscordia.com/

Big Grin Hail Eris. Hail Discordia.
Forget the Illuminati. I want Illuminaughty.
[+] 5 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
18-04-2016, 08:04 AM
(18-04-2016 07:56 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 07:51 AM)Kyx Wrote:  If you have a better idea, I would love to hear it Wink

If you're in a theocratic country and have a formidable army of secular intellectuals willing to die for their cause and well armed enough to make it worth doing so, then by all means start a revolution.

If you live in a country which is predominantly secular already and the biggest problems are corruption and greed, don't bullshit yourself into believing that any leaders you've got in your own ranks would be any different once the context of their lives changes. Just stick to protesting and taking selfies of yourself after you get pepper sprayed if it makes you feel better.

If you are trying to suggest that I would not die for this cause, you are wrong.
18-04-2016, 08:05 AM
(18-04-2016 08:00 AM)Kyx Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 07:59 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If you're fucking nuts, then yes I agree and can relate. But if the chaos of the world bothers you, I'll assume that you're not fucking nuts, and therefore not prepared, emotionally or physically, for the realities of a revolution.

A revolution is the quickest way. We need this to be as quick as possible, whatever the short-term cost Wink

There aren't enough armed, trained, and combat minded intellectuals in the world to feed the biggest revolution in history. It'd be like Syria. You might succeed in destabilizing the current government enough for them to temporarily lose control, then once shit hit the fan you'd be running for cover as the fighting started. Your part would indeed be quick. The mess that follows might not be.

'Murican Canadian
18-04-2016, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2016 08:09 AM by Szuchow.)
(18-04-2016 07:56 AM)Kyx Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 07:53 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  About whatever "we" you're speaking being capable of success in this endeavor.

You speak as if you have a better solution?

I speak cause I know your "solution" is shit which is proven by history. Look on the French revolution and cult of the supreme being or more importantly Russian revolution and marxist-leninist religion springing from it. It's also worth to point out that both of said revolution didn't even managed to end earlier religions prevalent in countries where they took place.

I find your certainty of succeeding misplaced and idea itself dangerous.

(18-04-2016 08:04 AM)Kyx Wrote:  If you are trying to suggest that I would not die for this cause, you are wrong.

You're welcome to do so but do not drag others into your mess.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
18-04-2016, 08:06 AM
You can count me out, in

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-04-2016, 08:06 AM
(18-04-2016 08:05 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 08:00 AM)Kyx Wrote:  A revolution is the quickest way. We need this to be as quick as possible, whatever the short-term cost Wink

There aren't enough armed, trained, and combat minded intellectuals in the world to feed the biggest revolution in history. It'd be like Syria. You might succeed in destabilizing the current government enough for them to temporarily lose control, then once shit hit the fan you'd be running for cover as the fighting started. Your part would indeed be quick. The mess that follows might not be.

Maybe this war will be nuclear?