I call for a revolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2016, 10:26 AM
RE: I call for a revolution
I don't think threatening to use weapons is the best way to go about doing this. To me, it would make sense to inform people, make more resources, and ask questions. Fear is what people use to keep people from leaving religion.

In the end, you can't make people change their mind on a topic. Some people are really stubborn. They'll have faith no matter what. What would you do about these people?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like CosmicRaven's post
18-04-2016, 10:41 AM
(18-04-2016 10:26 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I don't think threatening to use weapons is the best way to go about doing this.

It's simply idiotic. And fascist.

(18-04-2016 10:26 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  To me, it would make sense to inform people, make more resources, and ask questions.

Education and eradication of poverty which is one of pillars supporting religion are way to go I think.

(18-04-2016 10:26 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  In the end, you can't make people change their mind on a topic.

But you can force them to tell what you want to hear and that is enough for some.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
18-04-2016, 10:51 AM
(18-04-2016 10:41 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 10:26 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I don't think threatening to use weapons is the best way to go about doing this.

It's simply idiotic. And fascist.

(18-04-2016 10:26 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  To me, it would make sense to inform people, make more resources, and ask questions.

Education and eradication of poverty which is one of pillars supporting religion are way to go I think.

(18-04-2016 10:26 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  In the end, you can't make people change their mind on a topic.

But you can force them to tell what you want to hear and that is enough for some.

I see.

You make a good point with the eradication of poverty. A lot of people go to religion because their life is difficult and out of control. There are so many people who take adventage of those who are unfortunate. If these people can be truly helped and educated, that would be great for society.
18-04-2016, 11:02 AM
(18-04-2016 10:51 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I see.

You make a good point with the eradication of poverty. A lot of people go to religion because their life is difficult and out of control. There are so many people who take adventage of those who are unfortunate. If these people can be truly helped and educated, that would be great for society.

People do not go to the religion they are indoctrinated. Poverty could make them not question what was already imprinted as religion offers righting the wrongs in afterlife. Also when one believe then one can easily blame his fate onto some higher power.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
18-04-2016, 11:09 AM
I'm not even against the strategic use of violence (I may or may not have made that clear over the past couple years), but only when the cause/effect consideration is rational.

To needlessly expand on the obviously irrational plan of a bunch of people with no idea what they're doing somehow infiltrating all the world's superpowers and using their nuclear arsenal to destroy all the evil and pave the way for a world without religion, just for the sake of conversation let's use that as a starting point in a hypothetical situation.

Religion didn't just come to be by some global conspiracy. It was a step in a process of cultural evolution that came about to fill a need. Atheism is on the rise not because it is right and religion is wrong, but because that survival need which once made religion a necessity is beginning to subside. If you were to use a massive nuclear strike to eliminate all the world's greedy and corrupt governments, you'd create a situation in which the infrastructure that feeds intellectualism no longer exists, and whatever is left of the population would have no choice but to fall back on ancient superstitions in order to survive in an environment now more fucked up than ever.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
18-04-2016, 11:09 AM
eh. im too lazy. ill just watch the fireworks then pledge my allegiance to the victors. good luck though!
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
18-04-2016, 11:16 AM
(18-04-2016 10:21 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  So it is as I have suspected - everything is a hoax.

Everything is a hoax! Including the claim that everything is a hoax!

..... wait.

..... actually, I'm pretty sure that shows that the claim that everything is a hoax is itself a hoax.... unless everything really IS... but that would include....

SCREW THIS! BURN THE WORLD!

(18-04-2016 11:09 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  eh. im too lazy. ill just watch the fireworks then pledge my allegiance to the victors. good luck though!

I, for one, welcome our new Scientologist overlords.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
18-04-2016, 11:26 AM
OP is trolling, come on. Rolleyes

Or stupid. I guess that's an option.

Probably both.

What the fuck is wrong with stupid people? This is such an obviously fucked-from-the-start lunatic plan. You're telling me you genuinely think this is a good idea OP?

Fuck sakes. Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-04-2016, 11:38 AM
(18-04-2016 11:02 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 10:51 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I see.

People do not go to the religion they are indoctrinated. Poverty could make them not question what was already imprinted as religion offers righting the wrongs in afterlife. Also when one believe then one can easily blame his fate onto some higher power.

I see.
People also target the youth, especially ltitle ones. I'm guessing proper education would help them a lot.
18-04-2016, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2016 01:48 PM by Szuchow.)
(18-04-2016 11:38 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  People also target the youth, especially ltitle ones.

I don't get what you mean.

But children certainly are vulnerable to indoctrination.

(18-04-2016 11:38 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I'm guessing proper education would help them a lot.

Proper education could help everybody I suppose.

Mikhail Bakunin.