I call for a revolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2016, 12:05 PM
RE: I call for a revolution
(18-04-2016 09:55 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 09:52 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Is there something that isn't a hoax?

I'm pretty sure hats exist.
Yes. Stupid hats exist. . . for certain, really. Trust me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2016, 12:19 PM
I agree with the other posters that said we need to educate more people. If the news and the media at large made an effort to report on new scientific studies that prove evolution is real or how carbon dating can help us define the true age of the planet we might see people start to question their religion on their own.

I find when I debate a Xian they have no idea what they are talking about and they often repeat whatever they're church leaders told them, you can always tell because it sounds so strangely scripted and cliche like "There is more science that proves God than disproves him." and when you say "Oh really, like what?" they have no idea what to say, just "Well...uhhh...we don't know what happened before the Big Bang..." and if you ask them describe the Big Bang theory in their own words they either can't or do a very poor job of it.

I think if our society at large valued education of the facts and stopped injecting God into everything including presidential debates and science classrooms we could focus on what really matters which is the truth and the truth is there is no God so eventually we may see people go out and try to find the answers for themselves and then a real revolution can get started. If we just shove our beliefs down their throats we are just as bad as they are and we are better than that.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
18-04-2016, 01:34 PM
(18-04-2016 12:19 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  If we just shove our beliefs down their throats we are just as bad as they are and we are better than that.

Are we? We're just another bunch of twits. Atheism isn't a banner to rally around because there's no attached ideology you have to buy into in order to call bullshit, but if there *were* such an ideology you bet your life some people would happily shove it on others. And the rest of us would have to be aatheists *and* atheists to draw a distinction between us, the proudly anarchist people who would never shove our beliefs on anybody, and them, the recidivist reactionary capitalist pig-dog... er, where was I?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
18-04-2016, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2016 02:11 PM by SitaSky.)
(18-04-2016 01:34 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 12:19 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  If we just shove our beliefs down their throats we are just as bad as they are and we are better than that.

Are we? We're just another bunch of twits. Atheism isn't a banner to rally around because there's no attached ideology you have to buy into in order to call bullshit, but if there *were* such an ideology you bet your life some people would happily shove it on others. And the rest of us would have to be aatheists *and* atheists to draw a distinction between us, the proudly anarchist people who would never shove our beliefs on anybody, and them, the recidivist reactionary capitalist pig-dog... er, where was I?

I agree but what I meant was if we do the same things they have done, the scare tactics, war and indoctrination will we be any better than theists? The answer is no, their religion spread for a reason and it wasn't a pretty picture. If we attempt the same for the sake of "revolution" we will risk alienating many people and go down in history as being bullies and hypocrites.

Atheists have no real ideology, we just reject the God claim, we probably won't agree on how to spread the message but I think if we focus on not causing harm it would be for the benefit of everyone. Honestly most atheists I've known are very much loners and rebels and don't like being part of a group. If we could get together and try to strive for real change maybe we can start a movement but what would it look like?

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
18-04-2016, 03:37 PM
How much will I be paid to join the revolution ?
My services aren't cheep.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
18-04-2016, 04:10 PM
(18-04-2016 03:37 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  How much will I be paid to join the revolution ?
My services aren't cheep.

You get to have your name in the credits, and you get to choose (with a little flexibility) how you leave this world. More than most people get.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
18-04-2016, 04:31 PM
I agree with this thread. We all need to be revolting.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
18-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Sounds revolutionary. How about 45 revolutions per minute. I still have a lot of them.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
18-04-2016, 04:36 PM
(18-04-2016 04:31 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I agree with this thread. We all need to be revolting.

Some of us are already revolting!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
18-04-2016, 09:41 PM
I will heed your call for revolution and spin around in circles until religion is wiped from the earth or until I puke.

It's going to be pretty messy either way and I'm not going to feel good afterwards.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post