I call for more repping powers for regular members

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Exclamation I call for more repping powers for regular members
Right now, regular members are only able to rep somebody +/- 1 point. Why not +/- 2 points? The moderators and veterans can, why not us? The thing that I don't like about only being able to rep 1 point, is that if you want to rep you someone you like, but also someone you really like, there is no way to create a difference between the two, if you know what I mean. You might say that people might abuse it? Heck, not even the trolls go around negging people because they can. No problem there. I see no reason why regular members' repping powers are limited.

This also makes me wonder why moderators are allowed more than us. Moderators are here to moderate the forum, and that's it. The only powers a mod should have is being able to moderate. Having anything more is just unfair. Veteran users, so your name is dark blue and you are part of the forum team? That's great. Your extra ability is to take part in forum matters. That's all. Why should you have more special ability's than us?

I don't take reputation too seriously, but I think this is something we should have anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2012, 03:16 PM
RE: I call for more repping powers for regular members
(31-12-2012 03:02 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Right now, regular members are only able to rep somebody +/- 1 point. Why not +/- 2 points? The moderators and veterans can, why not us? The thing that I don't like about only being able to rep 1 point, is that if you want to rep you someone you like, but also someone you really like, there is no way to create a difference between the two, if you know what I mean. You might say that people might abuse it? Heck, not even the trolls go around negging people because they can. No problem there. I see no reason why regular members' repping powers are limited.

This also makes me wonder why moderators are allowed more than us. Moderators are here to moderate the forum, and that's it. The only powers a mod should have is being able to moderate. Having anything more is just unfair. Veteran users, so your name is dark blue and you are part of the forum team? That's great. Your extra ability is to take part in forum matters. That's all. Why should you have more special ability's than us?

I don't take reputation too seriously, but I think this is something we should have anyway.

Can we hold that thought until the dust settles? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
31-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Lol Magoo

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
31-12-2012, 03:38 PM
(31-12-2012 03:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 03:02 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Right now, regular members are only able to rep somebody +/- 1 point. Why not +/- 2 points? The moderators and veterans can, why not us? The thing that I don't like about only being able to rep 1 point, is that if you want to rep you someone you like, but also someone you really like, there is no way to create a difference between the two, if you know what I mean. You might say that people might abuse it? Heck, not even the trolls go around negging people because they can. No problem there. I see no reason why regular members' repping powers are limited.

Can we hold that thought until the dust settles? Consider
Fair enough.
31-12-2012, 03:58 PM
I am with Magoo!

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
01-01-2013, 01:44 AM

This is the end of TTA. You were only great because you were an open forum that tolerated all free speech.

You want to be like all the other atheist forums I've been banned from? Fine, they're dead in the water. They're boring. No one posts, and the posts that are made are made by moderator sock puppets to try to spur discussion.

"What has a Christian done that's pissed you off"

"What would Jesus think of Justin Beiber?"

Without theists to argue with, you're nothing.

Just my two cents.
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2013, 01:47 AM
(01-01-2013 01:44 AM)Egor Wrote:  This is the end of TTA. You were only great because you were an open forum that tolerated all free speech.

You want to be like all the other atheist forums I've been banned from? Fine, they're dead in the water. They're boring. No one posts, and the posts that are made are made by moderator sock puppets to try to spur discussion.

Just my two cents.
No one is ever banning you, Egor. You're too likeable. Relax. Hug

PS, there was no banning based on religious or non-religious orientation.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
01-01-2013, 02:38 AM

(01-01-2013 01:47 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 01:44 AM)Egor Wrote:  This is the end of TTA. You were only great because you were an open forum that tolerated all free speech.

Just my two cents.
No one is ever banning you, Egor. You're too likeable. Relax. Hug

PS, there was no banning based on religious or non-religious orientation.

Without Stark Raving at the helm, all the theists who don't toe the line will be out, eventually.

I used to debate in the newsgroups, alt.Christianity, alt.atheism, alt.satanism. Then came MSN Groups, then, came internet forums, and now comes my own forum. I have been doing this since 1994. I have been banned from so many groups I can’t count them all.

So, I’m starting a forum that I can’t be banned from. I invite you to check out “A Literary Experience.”

[Image: alelogo329x111.png]

http://literary-experience.com

It is a writers’ forum that hosts writing info, political debate, and religious debate. It is very libertarian. I ask you to check it out and tell me what you think.

You might find you fit right in.

Edward
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2013, 02:44 AM
Oh FFS nobody is banning you Egor. You are simply too low on the shit-dick list.

[Image: giphy.gif]
01-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Egor, I can promise you, as long as I have a say-so, theists will never be arbitrarily banned.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post