I call for more repping powers for regular members

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2013, 09:09 AM
RE: I call for more repping powers for regular members
Magoo, I don't see it happening. The logistics of it don't make sense.

If we upped the regular user rep ability, then we would have to up the Vets', Mods', SMs', and Admins' ability as well. This would cause rep inflation... which we've already seen when we upped the amount of rep we could give in a day.

A year ago, 20 rep was a big deal... you barely saw it.

Plus, there is the whole recoding thing...

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
01-01-2013, 09:09 AM
(01-01-2013 09:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Egor, I can promise you, as long as I have a say-so, theists will never be arbitrarily banned.

Geez, I wouldn't call it arbitrary. Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Only those who show signs of stigmata may wield over +1 rep.

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
01-01-2013, 10:00 AM
Egor, you have an annoyingly dirty mouth sometimes, but I don't think you will show up with a butcher knife in my bedroom one night.

Some others, I am not so sure about.

If there are bannings, I am sure the motivation will be to protect free speech and the membership, and not because someone has irrational thoughts or bad manners.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-01-2013, 10:34 AM
(01-01-2013 01:44 AM)Egor Wrote:  This is the end of TTA. You were only great because you were an open forum that tolerated all free speech.

You want to be like all the other atheist forums I've been banned from? Fine, they're dead in the water. They're boring. No one posts, and the posts that are made are made by moderator sock puppets to try to spur discussion.

"What has a Christian done that's pissed you off"

"What would Jesus think of Justin Beiber?"

Without theists to argue with, you're nothing.

Just my two cents.
What the fuck does this have to do with repping?

Dear god sometimes I wonder if you're even really thinking, you bitch more than my pregnant friend, but you make less sense. If you're afraid about being banned (which is unlikely looking over the FZU media debate) then you can make your little website.

You're nothing without us, so why leave when you're not going to be banned? Tongue

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
01-01-2013, 11:32 AM
(01-01-2013 09:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Magoo, I don't see it happening. The logistics of it don't make sense.

If we upped the regular user rep ability, then we would have to up the Vets', Mods', SMs', and Admins' ability as well. This would cause rep inflation... which we've already seen when we upped the amount of rep we could give in a day.

A year ago, 20 rep was a big deal... you barely saw it.

Plus, there is the whole recoding thing...

Pointless reputation inflation would ensue.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-01-2013, 11:58 AM

(01-01-2013 09:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 09:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Egor, I can promise you, as long as I have a say-so, theists will never be arbitrarily banned.

Geez, I wouldn't call it arbitrary. Smile

Exactly. And aren't you a moderator now?

(01-01-2013 10:00 AM)Dom Wrote:  Egor, you have an annoyingly dirty mouth sometimes, but I don't think you will show up with a butcher knife in my bedroom one night.

If there are bannings, I am sure the motivation will be to protect free speech and the membership, and not because someone has irrational thoughts or bad manners.

You don't know.

But I don't care, anymore. In 2012, I donated $110 to the forum and bought Seth's book. And I only started donating in October. And you know what? I know Chas doesn't care about that. I've been banned from cliquish groups before and tried to buy my way back in, but nope--they didn't care and they didn't want my money. The atheists want this group and they want to take it over and make it like every other group out there--a mossoleum.

It's not about being banned. It's about the fact that there won't be any reason to be here anymore. When Stark Raving was around, I was very impressed. My whole outlook on atheism changed. But now with Chas? Sorry but that effeminate bitch at the helm? This won't be a cool place to be. And cool is all that counts. Cool
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2013, 12:01 PM
(01-01-2013 11:58 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 09:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Geez, I wouldn't call it arbitrary. Smile

Exactly. And aren't you a moderator now?

(01-01-2013 10:00 AM)Dom Wrote:  Egor, you have an annoyingly dirty mouth sometimes, but I don't think you will show up with a butcher knife in my bedroom one night.

You don't know.

But I don't care, anymore. In 2012, I donated $110 to the forum and bought Seth's book. And I only started donating in October. And you know what? I know Chas doesn't care about that. I've been banned from cliquish groups before and tried to buy my way back in, but nope--they didn't care and they didn't want my money. The atheists want this group and they want to take it over and make it like every other group out there--a mossoleum.

It's not about being banned. It's about the fact that there won't be any reason to be here anymore. When Stark Raving was around, I was very impressed. My whole outlook on atheism changed. But now with Chas? Sorry but that effeminate bitch at the helm? This won't be a cool place to be. And cool is all that counts. Cool
Wow, you have no sense of humor or sense of proportion. Sad, really. Drinking Beverage

"Effeminate bitch"? Really?

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-01-2013, 12:02 PM

(01-01-2013 10:34 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Dear god sometimes I wonder if you're even really thinking, you bitch more than my pregnant friend, but you make less sense. If you're afraid about being banned (which is unlikely looking over the FZU media debate) then you can make your little website.

You're nothing without us, so why leave when you're not going to be banned? Tongue

It will take time to build my forum's membership, but my forum is first and foremost a writer's forum. Religious and Political debate, and probably Health are added to get writers writing. Most people who have strong opinions on a topic also envision writing a book about those opinions. My forum will be the perfect place for them to be.
01-01-2013, 12:07 PM

(01-01-2013 12:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Wow, you have no sense of humor or sense of proportion. Sad, really. Drinking Beverage
"Effeminate bitch"? Really?

Yes, really. Yes