I call for more repping powers for regular members

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2013, 02:04 PM

RE: I call for more repping powers for regular members
(01-01-2013 12:13 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  OK Chas and Egor.
Please can we at least have a few days to last the dust settle from the last punch up before we start a new one? Not only for the sake of my blood pressure but for the sake of the newbies. Having two punch ups running almost concurrently could be very confusing for them. Let them get their head round the first fight and then have a second one. You're both jumping the gun here. Big Grin
Fair enough.
(01-01-2013 12:15 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 09:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Egor, I can promise you, as long as I have a say-so, theists will never be arbitrarily banned.
Totally agree with this sentiment but I really can't help making this comment: if we start arbitrarily banning theists there's the slightest chance you will no longer have a say-so. Big Grin

This is exactly what I’m talking about. It’s not that they will ban you for being a theist, instead you will say “God exists,” and someone will say you are being insulting and trolling, and then you will be banned for being insulting and trolling after everyone gangs up on your rep points.
That’s how it happens.

(01-01-2013 12:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Egor, stick around.

Chas was always "at the helm" as he was a part of the body that Stark listened to.

Things are changing... yes... but, change is necessary. The team wants to grow the forum; not kill it. So, we're trying our best to keep this place the same place that everyone knows and loves but instituting regulations that can prevent as many fiascos as possible.

Basically, you keep doing what you've been doing for a year... you're not getting banned... you provoke, but you're also sincere and not maliciously insane.

Sometimes... you're a little malicious... but, you know... win some, lose some Big Grin

KC: You are a friend, but you don’t know what you’re talking about, because what you’re talking about is exactly what I’m talking about.

They think they’re going to grow the forum, but they’re not. It will attract a few more atheists and some milquetoast Christians, who like to wear the collars and leashes atheists put on them, but what made this forum grow will be stopped. There is always a conflict between the cliquish who really don’t want outsiders in their community, and the owners who want the whole world in their community. Well, the owner of this forum, apparently, doesn’t participate in this forum any longer. The admin who would have the whole world in this forum has apparently left. The only one steering the boat is the cliquish.

And if I may be so bold, it’s a gay thing. Atheist groups have a large GLBT population. And those types tend to be very cliquish, in the real world and online. And there’s a very logical sociological reason for that which I won’t go into here.
And to make my point even more clear: that is the difference between my group (which is patterned on the way Stark Raving ran this group). In my group, I would go into the sociological reasons and there would be no danger of being banned just because what I said offended someone. That’s free speech. Free speech, by definition, is the ability to say that which will offend others without fear of repercussions.

(01-01-2013 01:08 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  The thing is, for forums to survive they have to be appealing enough to attract people. A lot of people joined here because of Seth's videos, you'll have to find some way to promote your website but you're not popular to do it like this forum achieved it. (For many reasons)
If it's any help, I would suggest paying a few bucks to advertise it on My Little Pony websites. = P It'll attract a lot.

Videos…hmmm.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I call for more repping powers for regular members - Egor - 01-01-2013 02:04 PM