I called someone "You are worse than god"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2014, 01:17 AM
I called someone "You are worse than god"
On Facebook there's was an argument. I called someone "Worse than god" he said that doesn't make sense.

And also one of my friend saw that post , he delete me straightaway. He tell me I'm being mean.

What do you think ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2014, 02:04 AM
RE: I called someone "You are worse than god"
What was the context of the post?

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
16-07-2014, 02:56 AM
As DemonicLemon said, context is important. By context we mean the rest of the conversation and how you meant the words. It means the environment in which you said "you are worse than God".

For example, if the guy was saying "I am so perfect, everything about me is amazing", then if you say "you are worse than God" you mean something like "Nobody's really perfect".

Whereas if the guy is saying "I like to kill old ladies", then when you say "You are worse than God" you mean something like "God's really really bad, but not as bad as you".

So it's hard to judge Wink But I don't think it's mean. Religious people seem to get very upset when we who are not religious start saying things about their God though, so to them it might seem mean.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-07-2014, 04:39 AM
I am fairly confident that the context she used that phrase in was that the person she accused actually presented some distasteful behaviour.

By saying that, you just demonstrated that you think very little of the God that they cherish so much. If someone can't take your opinion, then fuckem. Facebook friends are most of the times no real friends anyway.

I don't think you were offensive.

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
[+] 1 user Likes Youkay's post
16-07-2014, 04:44 AM
(16-07-2014 02:04 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  What was the context of the post?

Gasp I didn't even recognize you with your new avatar!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
16-07-2014, 05:21 AM
Would you mind if I used that phrase? Big Grin

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 2 users Like One Above All's post
16-07-2014, 05:29 AM
(16-07-2014 01:17 AM)Lalida Wrote:  On Facebook there's was an argument. I called someone "Worse than god" he said that doesn't make sense.

And also one of my friend saw that post , he delete me straightaway. He tell me I'm being mean.

What do you think ?

I think losing friends over something as lame as religion is stupid. My question to you is were you trying to provoke your religious friends with your comment?

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
16-07-2014, 05:37 AM
(16-07-2014 01:17 AM)Lalida Wrote:  ...
He told me I was being mean.

What do you think ?

I think you are mean, cruel and heartless.

Angel

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
16-07-2014, 05:40 AM
S/he must have been really bad and horrible to be worse than god.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
16-07-2014, 05:43 AM
Haha, I like it! It could sum things up nicely at times.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man