I came home to find someone breaking into my home!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2016, 08:45 AM
RE: I came home to find someone breaking into my home!
(20-05-2016 04:37 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  Perhaps I should have detained him "pulp fiction" style?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

And then call the Cowboy. Gasp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
20-05-2016, 08:57 AM
(19-05-2016 10:46 PM)jabeady Wrote:  Actually, several states have anti-brandishing laws, where just displaying a holstered weapon during a confrontation is illegal. The reasoning behind those laws is another conversation.*

Other than that, you simply never draw your weapon without fully intending to shoot, and then you shoot to kill.

*Although one practical reason for not brandishing is that you might make the other guy brandish or draw his own weapon. Introducing a weapon into a heated situation *in any way* is an automatic escalation by definition, and you have gone from an argument to a trigger - pull's distance from a killing.

Oh crap!

Incorrect.

You never "shoot to kill".

You shoot for the center mass of the available target.

You only use a weapon to stop the assailant from continuing their bad behavior. Once an assailant is not longer a threat, you no longer need to use any force.

That covers your ass legally. Morally too, in my opinion.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
20-05-2016, 10:19 AM
Sitting in my back yard in SoCal a few years back, I was smoking a cigarette and doing my crossword puzzle when I realized some asshole was climbing over my privacy fence, and he had no idea I was there. I was sitting in my open-faced tool shed, so I set my smoke and puzzle book down and took my pick-ax down off the wall. I met him right as he was gathering up a bag he'd thrown over the fence.

He was obviously scared shitless, and that's never a good thing -- scared people do stupid shit. I was worried that I'd have to crush this guy's skull. Told him to put down the bag, thought about calling the police while I had him at bay but decided not to risk handling my weapon one-handed, so I took a description inventory and told him to get lost. He was so scared he forgot his bag, which was full of burglary tools. Called the cops after he left.

Strange, the thought that I might have to kill a man. Don't look forward to thinking it again.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
20-05-2016, 11:43 AM
(19-05-2016 09:51 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  A few weeks ago I came home to find my garage door half way open and the door leading into the house ajar. I walked inside to find someone in my bedroom. Looking back at it now, I realize that it was rather stupid to enter the house. I should have called the police. However, I was in a state of denial because I live in a community where a housing company periodically sends workers to perform maintenance. Normally I receive a note on the door a week or so prior to the maintenance to let me know ahead of time. I was out of town for a few days prior so I just assumed I missed the memo.

The bedroom door was cracked open and to my astonishment, I found a boy who looked no more that 16 years old looking under my bed and I could plainly see that he was unarmed. So I opened the door to confront him. When the boy saw me he instantly froze in fear. He began to slowly walk towards me because I was the only thing standing between him and the exit and said "I was looking for my cell phone". When he got within arms distance from me, I shoved him to the ground and told him to stay still. I then reached under the bed where he was looking because that is where I keep my Sig Sauer P226 mk25 and I wanted to make sure he did not get to it. As soon as he saw me with a gun in my hand and the door exposed, he ran out of the house...as you would expect.

Although this whole event was shocking, that is not what is bothering me right now. What is bothering me is the fact that Georgia is a "King of the Castle " state so many people told me that I should have "shot first and asked questions later". It didn't matter that I would be shooting an unarmed kid in the back as he was running away because he was in my home!

This is the issue I have. I know many people swear that they would never murder someone in cold blood. However, given the right circumstances, I believe that many people would be willing to murder a kid as long as they knew they would not be held legally responsible for it. What do you think?

What the hell.... is murder NOT on your bucket list?
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
20-05-2016, 11:47 AM
(20-05-2016 11:43 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 09:51 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  A few weeks ago I came home to find my garage door half way open and the door leading into the house ajar. I walked inside to find someone in my bedroom. Looking back at it now, I realize that it was rather stupid to enter the house. I should have called the police. However, I was in a state of denial because I live in a community where a housing company periodically sends workers to perform maintenance. Normally I receive a note on the door a week or so prior to the maintenance to let me know ahead of time. I was out of town for a few days prior so I just assumed I missed the memo.

The bedroom door was cracked open and to my astonishment, I found a boy who looked no more that 16 years old looking under my bed and I could plainly see that he was unarmed. So I opened the door to confront him. When the boy saw me he instantly froze in fear. He began to slowly walk towards me because I was the only thing standing between him and the exit and said "I was looking for my cell phone". When he got within arms distance from me, I shoved him to the ground and told him to stay still. I then reached under the bed where he was looking because that is where I keep my Sig Sauer P226 mk25 and I wanted to make sure he did not get to it. As soon as he saw me with a gun in my hand and the door exposed, he ran out of the house...as you would expect.

Although this whole event was shocking, that is not what is bothering me right now. What is bothering me is the fact that Georgia is a "King of the Castle " state so many people told me that I should have "shot first and asked questions later". It didn't matter that I would be shooting an unarmed kid in the back as he was running away because he was in my home!

This is the issue I have. I know many people swear that they would never murder someone in cold blood. However, given the right circumstances, I believe that many people would be willing to murder a kid as long as they knew they would not be held legally responsible for it. What do you think?

What the hell.... is murder NOT on your bucket list?
No...not really. But a legit "state side kill" is something that most Marines dream of.

20-05-2016, 12:43 PM
(20-05-2016 11:47 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 11:43 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  What the hell.... is murder NOT on your bucket list?
No...not really. But a legit "state side kill" is something that most Marines dream of.

If you were in uniform, that would explain the terror.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
20-05-2016, 01:08 PM
(20-05-2016 12:43 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 11:47 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  No...not really. But a legit "state side kill" is something that most Marines dream of.

If you were in uniform, that would explain the terror.
Actually, yes. Yes I was in uniform.

20-05-2016, 01:33 PM
My daughter's car was broken into as it was parked along the street a few weeks ago. She went inside to visit a friend for an hour and figured she'd just leave her backpack in the car. She ended up spending more like two hours with her friend and when she came out her car window was bashed in and someone had stolen her backpack.

Her backpack contained two pairs of ballet pointe shoes worth about $180.00, a ballet rehearsal skirt worth maybe 20 dollars and she had some expensive makeup worth almost $200.00. I told her that if she sees someone walking down the street wearing pointe shoes, a ballet skirt with lots of makeup on to point her finger at them and yell, "J'accuse!" and then call the police.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-05-2016, 01:45 PM
If you lived in Australia you'd be charged by the police for having an unsecured firearm in your house. Under the bed FFS.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
20-05-2016, 04:04 PM
(20-05-2016 01:45 PM)SYZ Wrote:  If you lived in Australia you'd be charged by the police for having an unsecured firearm in your house. Under the bed FFS.
Merica!