I can do it

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-01-2015, 11:33 PM
RE: I can do it
It's funny. If I wasn't convinced this wasn't just another fly-by-night-scheme, I might be more annoyed at the blatant spam.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2015, 11:33 PM
AW: RE: I can do it
(01-01-2015 11:27 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 10:53 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Sure, I've got lots of spare time right now. Smartass

I must admit, I'm impressed with your rep points (which means a lot of atheists like you). I'm also impressed with your stability in this forum, and the time you've been a member.

I want you to know, if you become the global mod for the "Atheist Antechamber" as it is called, all this shtick I do in here, I don't do there. Anyone whose ever PM'd me or e-mailed me knows that what I do in here is for ratings, not for real.

So, what I mean is that, yeah, I'm a theist; I'm a Christian of sorts, but God is a lot bigger than both of us, and I know that.

I also want you to know that as GM, you have full control of that board. Unless you're neglecting it, I don't step in. As admin, I do things like load updates to the software, layout how the forum works, that sort of thing. But yeah, I will also make sure I have the right GMs on the team, so to speak. But that camp is your show, just like the Christian Corner is Mark's.

You still interested? I'm surprised you volunteered, you know. Because you really do make a perfect first draft.
Yeah, I'm still interested. You did me a favor with those smileys and this is a chance to pay it back.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
01-01-2015, 11:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 11:43 PM by Gordon.)
(01-01-2015 11:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Is this going to be like the so called writing forum you started Egor?

Yanno, the one that suddenly vanished?

Same old song and dance my friend.

Shit. Do you know how many forums, blogs, FB groups I've started and ditched. It's a ridiculous number. But I'm 50 and this is 2015. If I don't do this, I got nothing else. Why does the following speech come to mind?

(01-01-2015 11:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  No, of course not. Laugh out load

You're right, for a couple of months there won't be much to do. But if you're not in to it, just forget it. Seriously.

BTW, the smiley page will be back up tomorrow. I'll send you the new link via PM.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2015, 03:18 AM
(01-01-2015 11:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Is this going to be like the so called writing forum you started Egor?

No, don't discourage him! He's so close.....

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
02-01-2015, 03:24 AM
Congrats, it only took until your second block of sentences to say something completely incorrect.

So I'm very confused, is this guy Egor or not? Because he sounds an awful lot like him; whatever happened to his site, does it still exist?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-01-2015, 06:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2015 08:40 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-01-2015 10:45 PM)Gordon Wrote:  My forum is going to be different.
Not again. Facepalm

(01-01-2015 10:45 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I'm already laying the ground work. You can go check it out. Yeah,

Aren't you always. Facepalm

(01-01-2015 10:45 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Anyone can join right now. But keep in mind over the next month, maybe two, the forum will be evolving into what it's really going to be. Then I'll start promoting it around Facebook and other forums like this. And you know membership will be light for a while. But I'm not doing anything else with the next 20 years of my life, so hey, why not grow something, right?

Isn't it always. Yawn

(01-01-2015 10:45 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I mean, if you think I like the fight, you should see what God thinks of it.
But that means I have to change. And I can't discuss the details of that with you, but I have to change, and God has told me exactly what I need to be.

God's always talking directly to him telling him his new marketing scheme/schtick. How many times have we heard this ? Like 50 ?

(01-01-2015 10:45 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Shit. Do you know how many forums, blogs, FB groups I've started and ditched. It's a ridiculous number. But I'm 50 and this is 2015. If I don't do this, I got nothing else. Why does the following speech come to mind?

Because we've heard it like 1000 times.
If this weren't so sad, it might be funny.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-01-2015, 06:29 AM
(02-01-2015 03:24 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Congrats, it only took until your second block of sentences to say something completely incorrect.

So I'm very confused, is this guy Egor or not? Because he sounds an awful lot like him; whatever happened to his site, does it still exist?

YesClydee, this is Egor. Same dude as he has ever been.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-01-2015, 06:47 AM
(01-01-2015 11:34 PM)Gordon Wrote:  

Shit. Do you know how many forums, blogs, FB groups I've started and ditched. It's a ridiculous number. But I'm 50 and this is 2015. If I don't do this, I got nothing else. Why does the following speech come to mind?

(01-01-2015 11:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  No, of course not. Laugh out load

You're right, for a couple of months there won't be much to do. But if you're not in to it, just forget it. Seriously.

BTW, the smiley page will be back up tomorrow. I'll send you the new link via PM.

When we, and you, look back on your life when you're laying on your death bed (hopefully something awful like a smoldering car wreck in the not so distant future) it is going to look like one hell of a wasted life.

Edward Gordon
1965-2015
Man who most wasted his life.
02-01-2015, 08:09 AM
Hey Gordo, have you traveled much outside the US? I have a feeling you don’t get out much simply because of your “approach”.

Here, have a Mark Twain quote:

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.” - Innocents Abroad

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
02-01-2015, 08:32 AM
(01-01-2015 11:34 PM)Gordon Wrote:  You're right, for a couple of months there won't be much to do. But if you're not in to it, just forget it. Seriously.
I don't like the idea of investing time and effort into something only to see all of my work vanish. If you can guarantee that you won't take down the forum again after a couple of months, I'm your man for the job. Smartass

(01-01-2015 11:34 PM)Gordon Wrote:  BTW, the smiley page will be back up tomorrow. I'll send you the new link via PM.
Thanks, Egor. Thumbsup

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]