I can not only prove the existence of God I can prove the one true God! Welcome!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2013, 08:49 PM
RE: I can not only prove the existence of God.
(28-03-2013 08:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:54 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  There is no proof of evolution and more proof of God and his Creation. Darwin stated that if humans or animals had a complicated sequence to pro-create than all of his findings were wrong. DNA Sadly our society and the world is not a safer more compassionate society. Senseless violence, killings, rape and emotional or physical harm done to each other. This correlates once again to the position stated about mankind. that we were selfish and evil and that no good lies within us. Not that we can't be better moral agents, but when placed in difficult positions we thrive for self-preservation, not the well being of others around us. This is a quite accurate evaluation of the human race.

You have that entirely, completely, and utterly wrong.

The evidence for evolution is overwhelming. Stunningly so.

There is absolutely no objective evidence of any gods.

Not to mention that the evidence (Pinker etc.) points to there being increasingly less violence in the world.

Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-03-2013, 08:56 PM
(28-03-2013 08:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  DLJ...I haven't had a drink in years ...

Dodgy

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence!

Evil_monster

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
28-03-2013, 09:01 PM
RE: Don't make subject titles that long, fool
(28-03-2013 08:06 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  Bad Form. NOt nice. I am a man of God.

If you want to talk to Christ directly check out this thread
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-am-Christ

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
28-03-2013, 09:01 PM
I can not prove the existence of God.
Seriously dude...not a drop in nearly two decades...this crap may cause me swan dive off the wagon and into the bottle.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-03-2013, 09:08 PM
RE: I can not prove the existence of God.
(28-03-2013 09:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Seriously dude...not a drop in nearly two decades...this crap may cause me swan dive off the wagon and into the bottle.

Congrats Miss A! Bowing
Now slowly step away from the bar and don't make any sudden moves Ohmy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
28-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Re: RE: I can not only prove the existence of God.
(28-03-2013 07:39 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:34 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You're question is easily shrugged off because it's such a loose question. It can be broken down in so many ways in different questions as well making it full of arbitrary distinctions and views. What is right/wrong at all? Who decides what is right/wrong? Is it always right and always wrong?

Even in the Bible there are moments where those don't happen to be the same. Apparently when ordered to kill, it's okay, it's apparently okay to steal food from a fellow Jew if you are starving. So what is right/wrong?

And simply, there are easy to grasp scientific/evolutionary explanations for these moral codes as they develop through a grown grasp of empathy and some other base emotions. The even exist in the animal kingdom, especially among mammals(I think but I'm not expert-sey) Creatures such as Primates and wolves definitely conform to these base ideas in their packs. It's a benefit for the survival of their species.

I simply asked if it was wrong or right and that seems quite difficult to answer. just that on its own. You have to know what the word kill meant in Exodus 20. Kill is to take a life of your own volition or will. It is outside of a war or government position policemen/ swat team/ executioner. On the matter of stealing, yes it was PERMISSABLE if a person stole to not punish them if it was for the case of hunger. It did not condone the action as right. It showed the mercy of the owner towards someone in such destitude conditions. Does that clarify you arguments?

No because it doesn't clarify what is right/wrong and who decided it.

I know those distinctions, but as you're saying. Punishment and reason change, so what makes right & wrong, right & wrong?
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
28-03-2013, 09:28 PM
(28-03-2013 08:34 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:28 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  ...
You say there is no absolute moral law. Is that an absolute statement? If so, how can you be absolute if you say there is no absolute. Rather contradictary isn't it.

Ah!

The old trick of the double entendre...

Absolute = extreme end of a scale
Absolute = as in certainty.

Nice try.

Have some of this... it make you think more absolutely...

[Image: absolutevodka1.gif]

But you can't make an absolute statement and say that there is none. Don't you see that point. Like saying there is no absolute truth! Is that an absolutely true statement? That would be impossible.
28-03-2013, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:29 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
28-03-2013, 09:31 PM
(28-03-2013 08:27 PM)SomeOne Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 08:10 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  Plausible evidence is one that leads you to determine something. It leads you to a logical position or conclusion. Moral values are proof that God must have instilled them in us when collaborated with the Scripture and the overwhelming agreement that it is wrong and people are naturally inclined to believe in God. Most likely, your experiences have tarnished that belief. You need to be confronted with undeniable proof that needs to grow in your soul/mind.

Really?

So, you say that in the same way evidence leads me to determine something, "Moral values are proof that God must have instilled them in us when collaborated with the Scripture and the overwhelming agreement that it is wrong and people are naturally inclined to believe in God..." Did you read what you wrote? it makes no sense

Beside the point that you make a very bad argument, you lost me at "when collaborated with the Scripture". Why? Because you are trying to make me believe God exists based on another thing I dont believe in: the bible.

Also, I dont need to be confronted with "undeniable proof that needs to grow in my soul" to relate moral standards with God, morals are related to culture (i.e. if you grew up somewhere where raping women makes you a good person, you would most likely be raping women right now instead of talking about morality).

Why, and how do cultures determine our morals? You mean if I asked them if it was right to lie, steal or kill, they would say yes. No, you lose the difference in morals and cultural practices. People who rape can deal with alot of guilt. Why then would they have guilt. Sure you have experienced that also. Just have I and every other person.
28-03-2013, 09:34 PM
(28-03-2013 08:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:54 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  [ Sadly our society and the world is not a safer more compassionate society. Senseless violence, killings, rape and emotional or physical harm done to each other. This correlates once again to the position stated about mankind. that we were selfish and evil and that no good lies within us. Not that we can't be better moral agents, but when placed in difficult positions we thrive for self-preservation, not the well being of others around us. This is a quite accurate evaluation of the human race.

Well, afterall, He did make us in His own image didn't He? "Cause this sure as shit sounds like your giving the Cliff Notes on the Old Testament.

So being made in his image made us like him in what way? Plus, I don't care, but why do you guys love to quote the Bible if you don't believe it?