I can not only prove the existence of God I can prove the one true God! Welcome!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2013, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2013 09:39 PM by ClydeLee.)
RE: I can not only prove the existence of God.
(28-03-2013 09:31 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 08:27 PM)SomeOne Wrote:  Really?

So, you say that in the same way evidence leads me to determine something, "Moral values are proof that God must have instilled them in us when collaborated with the Scripture and the overwhelming agreement that it is wrong and people are naturally inclined to believe in God..." Did you read what you wrote? it makes no sense

Beside the point that you make a very bad argument, you lost me at "when collaborated with the Scripture". Why? Because you are trying to make me believe God exists based on another thing I dont believe in: the bible.

Also, I dont need to be confronted with "undeniable proof that needs to grow in my soul" to relate moral standards with God, morals are related to culture (i.e. if you grew up somewhere where raping women makes you a good person, you would most likely be raping women right now instead of talking about morality).

Why, and how do cultures determine our morals? You mean if I asked them if it was right to lie, steal or kill, they would say yes. No, you lose the difference in morals and cultural practices. People who rape can deal with alot of guilt. Why then would they have guilt. Sure you have experienced that also. Just have I and every other person.

Alright.. you understand morality covers more than lying, killing, and stealing? You can focus outside of those as well

Slavery for instance is a clear distinction of morals. Equal rights of those of different genders/races. The moral stance of those change from culture to culture over history... why is that the case? It stems from people having an idea engrained in them in their development on what is acceptable or not. This comes from their society and family upbringing very often.

People feel guilt out of an emotional response. It seems to aid people have better relationships in groups since they feel poor when they hurt others. You can look at guild from various scientific/philosophical views. I once had a teacher describe guilt as an essential emotion that isn't something to be thought of as bad; yet just a feeling/response to grasp and better oneself with.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2013, 09:36 PM
(28-03-2013 08:34 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 08:15 PM)raoul116 Wrote:  He sounds like the clown I just finished tangling with over at the YouTube threads from a video I published. He kept dodging and dancing around the 5 major arguments I made in the vid concerning the empty tomb, no resurrection, no wholesale persecution of xtians, etc. Finally, after almost 100 messages going back and forth he made a lame attempt at them. His arguments? He used discredited sources (example - Josephus' comment about a christ), and pretty much copied almost word for word apologists' arguments from other sights.
It's always the same isn't it? And very frustrating as well.

What was your argument about the empty tomb???

why the silence. I thought you had a valid argument. sounds like alot of hot air.
28-03-2013, 09:40 PM
(28-03-2013 09:35 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 09:31 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  Why, and how do cultures determine our morals? You mean if I asked them if it was right to lie, steal or kill, they would say yes. No, you lose the difference in morals and cultural practices. People who rape can deal with alot of guilt. Why then would they have guilt. Sure you have experienced that also. Just have I and every other person.

Alright.. you understand morality covers more than lying, killing, and stealing? You can focus outside of those as well

Slavery for instance is a clear distinction of morals. Equal rights of those of different genders/races. The moral stance of those change from culture to culture over history... why is that the case?

Seems like you are going widely off the trail and you go off on some "deep end." But are we not slaves for working for other people. There were many different types of slaves.
28-03-2013, 09:42 PM
(28-03-2013 09:40 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 09:35 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Alright.. you understand morality covers more than lying, killing, and stealing? You can focus outside of those as well

Slavery for instance is a clear distinction of morals. Equal rights of those of different genders/races. The moral stance of those change from culture to culture over history... why is that the case?

Seems like you are going widely off the trail and you go off on some "deep end." But are we not slaves for working for other people. There were many different types of slaves.

We are not slaves... yes who said anything other than that? I didn't expect you or anyone on here to be a slave, it's possible... but what you are missing shouldn't be hard:

Is slavery(simply owning another person, treating them well or badly) right or wrong?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-03-2013, 09:42 PM
(28-03-2013 08:49 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 08:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  You have that entirely, completely, and utterly wrong.

The evidence for evolution is overwhelming. Stunningly so.

There is absolutely no objective evidence of any gods.

Not to mention that the evidence (Pinker etc.) points to there being increasingly less violence in the world.

Drinking Beverage

Less violence. We have much of the world at war every year. How is this less violence. How about the rapes, abuse, bullying, killing going on in America. Go talk to a policeman and find that we are still a very violent country, even with, all of our sophisticated societal structure.
28-03-2013, 09:43 PM
(28-03-2013 09:28 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  But you can't make an absolute statement and say that there is none. Don't you see that point. Like saying there is no absolute truth! Is that an absolutely true statement? That would be impossible.

Ooops!

You've done it again.

Let me show your error by re-writing your post without the ambiguity...

Like saying there is no absolute non-relative truth!

[Absolute (noun): A value or principle regarded as universally valid or viewed without relation to other things]

Is that an absolutely unequivocally true statement?

[Absolute (adj): Not qualified or diminished in any way]

Next?

Tongue

28-03-2013, 09:45 PM
(28-03-2013 08:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 08:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  DLJ...I haven't had a drink in years ...

Dodgy

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence!

Evil_monster

NObody seems to want to listen to any evidence. Sometimes alot of little evidence makes a very strong case. Sometimes you have to walk to be able to run. Are you seeking the evidence of God or the means to express your frustration towards him?
28-03-2013, 09:46 PM
RE: I can not prove the existence of God.
(28-03-2013 09:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Seriously dude...not a drop in nearly two decades...this crap may cause me swan dive off the wagon and into the bottle.

So do you want to learn of the evidence or do you love your botte more?
28-03-2013, 09:47 PM
(28-03-2013 09:31 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  ...
People who rape can deal with a lot of guilt. Why then would they have guilt. Sure you have experienced that also. Just have I and every other person.

Speak for yourself!

I have never raped anyone.

Ohmy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-03-2013, 09:48 PM
(28-03-2013 09:45 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 08:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Dodgy

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence!

Evil_monster

NObody seems to want to listen to any evidence. Sometimes alot of little evidence makes a very strong case. Sometimes you have to walk to be able to run. Are you seeking the evidence of God or the means to express your frustration towards him?

Evidence for god would be excellent. I'd love to know there was an afterlife, i'd also like to know how 'god' works. It's in my nature, I like to know how things work. Tongue

I shouldn't have to walk anywhere to get your evidence, we have the interwebs for a reason. So evidence time? or more playing with words time?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post