I can not only prove the existence of God I can prove the one true God! Welcome!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2013, 10:06 PM
RE: I can not only prove the existence of God.
(28-03-2013 10:03 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 09:57 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Since when are we talking about hypothetical questions involving ourselves? Did I tell you what I would do in that situation?

You are seemingly missing the huge point that is right in front of your face. You are asking people what is right or wrong. As if there HAS to be an existence of right and wrong. You've not described what or how something is right; who besides something is wrong.

I would likely let him keep the food if he stole food from me when starving. Is that right/wrong or is it just... is... There is various ways to look at these questions you think of as a pathway to leading to evidence to God.

As before, Guilt comes from a deeper sense of having empathy. Coming from the emotions ingrained in order to assist animals in helping their young and entire group/herd survive.

This philosophy teachers point was that it's good to feel bad. It makes you understand how you can be better to your fellow company and live a fuller happier life.

Than why do we often do many things for our own benefit until we learn the lesson of looking out for others?

Self-preservation? I don't know quite. I'm sure nobody know perfectly because that's dwelling into human psychology; Why do we do anything territory.

We are far from perfect and not quite wise(or maybe stupid) enough to make long term decisions all the time.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2013, 10:07 PM
(28-03-2013 09:42 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 09:40 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  Seems like you are going widely off the trail and you go off on some "deep end." But are we not slaves for working for other people. There were many different types of slaves.

We are not slaves... yes who said anything other than that? I didn't expect you or anyone on here to be a slave, it's possible... but what you are missing shouldn't be hard:

Is slavery(simply owning another person, treating them well or badly) right or wrong?

Depends on the owner or the master. I said that there are many type of "slavery" systems. I do not condone the valicious and mean hearted slavery that took place in America. But like anything there is often good and bad of anything. There were good owners and bad ones. I have worked for many owners, many good and some bad. Certainly our system of "slavery" is less ownership than in early America. But still a sense of slavery.
28-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Before we go on some tangents, can we get back to the name of the thread?

"I can not only prove the existence of God."

Can you? or are you misleading like your brethren?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

28-03-2013, 10:11 PM
(28-03-2013 09:48 PM)SomeOne Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 09:31 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  Why, and how do cultures determine our morals? You mean if I asked them if it was right to lie, steal or kill, they would say yes. No, you lose the difference in morals and cultural practices. People who rape can deal with alot of guilt. Why then would they have guilt. Sure you have experienced that also. Just have I and every other person.

Why would they say stealing is wrong? because they wouldnt like someone to steal from them. Why would they say killing is wrong? because they wouldnt like someone to kill them or their family/friends. You may want to look for the definition of "Empathy".

People who rape (in the context of the example) wont feel any guilt because they truly believe they are doing what they must, according to their culture.

In any case, guilt, love and all the things you feel are just chemical reactions in your brain, not something forced into you by some mystic force.

Sadly, you are wrong. We do not love unless we have learned it from God. So you could say that I am willingly having him force love into me. I choose to accept his example and try to replicate it in my life. True love is different than what the world pleases - temporal, self-pleasing and worthless infatuation (a new car). When real love of God is "doing and giving something in the best interest of others." That God did for us, by sending his Son, Jesus Christ, to die for something he did not do, so that, we could possibly receive forgiveness for our sins.
28-03-2013, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:28 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
28-03-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: I can not prove the existence of God.
(28-03-2013 09:46 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 09:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Seriously dude...not a drop in nearly two decades...this crap may cause me swan dive off the wagon and into the bottle.

So do you want to learn of the evidence or do you love your botte more?

Present your evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28-03-2013 09:42 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  Less violence. We have much of the world at war every year. How is this less violence. How about the rapes, abuse, bullying, killing going on in America. Go talk to a policeman and find that we are still a very violent country, even with, all of our sophisticated societal structure.

Human violence has been on the decline for as long as we have records. Take for instance, the time when your holy book was written. The accounts of infanticide, rape, slavery, et al were spoken of because that was the state of humanity at the time. The only thing about those stories that isn't really true are the parts about gods. The rest was commonplace and life, especially for children, was brutal and violent. Child rearing in those times was so neglectful and brutal at the time that if someone was lucky enough to make it to adulthood they invariably suffered from some sort of psychosis. Most were paranoid schizophrenic, which is why there was such a high degree of superstition at the time. Go back a thousand years and things weren't quite as bad but, humans were still quite violent. There was less infanticide of boys at the time but most infant girls were killed. Fortunately, very few people still ate the infanticided children or forced their living children to eat their siblings as had been the practice when the bible was written. That said, one could still be punished in excruciatingly violent manners for crimes such as blasphemy so yeah... it was still pretty violent. Fast forward to today and childhood is a lot less violent. Save those unfortunate kids who are born to old testament fundamentalists who believe in beating the evil out of their kids. Of course, one can't be sentenced to 48 hours in a stockade for swearing now either, so things are getting better and, of course, less violent.

If you care to do some due diligence instead of proselytizing to a bunch of rational thinkers, you'll find that human violence has indeed been on the decline, in concert with superstition/religion, for millennia.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28-03-2013 09:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 09:42 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  Less violence. We have much of the world at war every year. How is this less violence. How about the rapes, abuse, bullying, killing going on in America. Go talk to a policeman and find that we are still a very violent country, even with, all of our sophisticated societal structure.

Do some research, dude.

There is no need to live in fear all your life.

I don't live in fear. I just said there was proof of continued violence in our world! I live in peace and have little or no fear. I know where I am going to go and full assurance of that truth based on evidence that I have spent years digging up the evidence to prove it because of my love to know truth. My desire is to share that because God wants to spend eternity with everyone that is willing and able to follow his precepts. God bless!
28-03-2013, 10:15 PM
(28-03-2013 10:11 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  Sadly, you are wrong. We do not love unless we have learned it from God. So you could say that I am willingly having him force love into me. I choose to accept his example and try to replicate it in my life. True love is different than what the world pleases - temporal, self-pleasing and worthless infatuation (a new car). When real love of God is "doing and giving something in the best interest of others." That God did for us, by sending his Son, Jesus Christ, to die for something he did not do, so that, we could possibly receive forgiveness for our sins.

Asserting your right, and giving no evidence to support your position. Your not doing a great job of proving the existence of a god. Is this your first time?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
28-03-2013, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:28 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism