I can not only prove the existence of God I can prove the one true God! Welcome!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: I can not only prove the existence of God.
(28-03-2013 10:19 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 10:01 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  You brought it up smarty. I just answered you question. People who do wrong do feel guilt and pain. But thanks for the insult.

I didn't mention it.

You do realise you are conversing with more than one amorphous atheist here, right?

Rolleyes

yes, is that ok? Can you handle it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2013, 10:53 PM
(28-03-2013 10:14 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  My desire is to share that because God wants to spend eternity with everyone that is willing and able to follow his precepts. God bless!

Oh really? Your god wants this?

If that is what he wants, he has sure picked a really stupid way to achieve it. Billions of people on this planet following the wrong (e.g. not yours) religion, all going to hell.

Why?

Because none of us, not even you, know which religion is the ONE TRUE religion so everyone just has to guess, or simply be raised with whatever religion, right or wrong, their parents had.

Why?

Because your god can't be bothered with actually telling us how to achieve this afterlife that you say he wants. Don't give me crap about a 2,000 year old book of questionable authorship, questionable accuracy, questionable translation, and hundreds of internal inconsistencies. That's the best your god can do to achieve this goal that you say he wants?

Not a very good demonstration of omnipotence or omniscience.

Meanwhile, billions of souls are burning in hell for eternity because your god can't figure out a better way?

Nonsense. And you know it.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
28-03-2013, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:26 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 3 users Like Doctor X's post
28-03-2013, 10:56 PM
RE:
rbmead1960, it seems you missed my comment again.

Dont worry, I know there are too many to respond to. If it helps, its on page 14.

if your faith can move mountains it should be able to withstand criticism
28-03-2013, 10:57 PM
(28-03-2013 10:37 PM)Doctor X Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 10:33 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  You guys have brought up the bible more than me. I have used it very little.

On the contrary, you just tried to claim it as evidence of historical accuracy. And you just got crushed because you know neither the biblical texts you quote nor the archaeology. You know nothing of the history of the texts, their transmission, their Sitz im Leben . . . in fact, I am coming to doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!

Quote:You have to begin to believe that God is a POSSIBILITY. . . .

I did--and I gave you Four Possible Choices[Tm.--Ed.] for such a god. Something you have run away from

Quote:Try Colossians 1:16 I believe where it says

Quoting the biblical texts?

Quote:The word "consist" means "held together."

That is not the word, son. You cannot even quote accurately.

You FAIL epically son.

Move to consider this conversation closed until and unless he:

1. Answers a question.
2. Provides actual evidence.

Really, methinks PleaseJunior has a better grip than this one.

--J.D.

shoot me, I was off by one verse. 17 and the translations often say "consist" or "hold together". Is that better?
28-03-2013, 11:01 PM
RE: I can not prove the existence of God.
(28-03-2013 10:40 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 10:28 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  How about evidence of History. Why is the year 2013 AD? Who made the gregorian calendar. What does the word Bible mean? Was Jericho a real city? Do you know how God told them to defeat the city that had a double walled protection, in an age where forged metal had not been commonly developed. Embryonic age of metal forging. To find truth you must be willing to seek it out and listen to it. If I feed you everything you will not have it settled as truth in your mind. And that is the most important thing to me and hopefully to you. Truth is often a journey and not a destination!

"A.D. stands for Anno Domini, which is Latin for "year of our Lord," and it means the number of years since the time of Jesus Christ. "
Implemented by people.
"The Gregorian calendar is today's internationally accepted civil calendar and is also known as the "Western calendar" or "Christian calendar". It was named after the man who first introduced it in February 1582: Pope Gregory XIII."
Made by people.
The bible was written by people, and then the church picked what they like.

Your arguments are rooted with people who at the time knew less than a 4th grader about how the world works.

Sorry the Gregorian calendar was based on Constantine in 400 A.D. The Bible does not have "authors" (these are people who take credit or produce their own writings. God had "penman" to write down the dictation of God. No book in the Bible claims to be "authored" by anyone. Facts are Facts! Tks again.

The church didn't pick what they liked, they took the books that they determined to be Canonical (a measuring stick) that measured to the standards of being from God.
28-03-2013, 11:01 PM
RE: I can not only prove the exiGod. I can prove the one true God! Welcome!
You still haven't presented any "proof " so please stop trying to validate your "beliefs"

Oh and ...
Shoo fly

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-03-2013, 11:04 PM
(28-03-2013 10:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 10:28 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  How about evidence of History. Why is the year 2013 AD?

If that is the best you can do, you have just refuted your claim...

"I am willing and able to ... prove ... which God of the 5 major religions is true"

In Iran and Afghanistan, the year is... 8 Farvardin 1392 SH (Solar Hijri calendar)

In Saudi Arabia, the year is 17 Jumada al-awwal 1434 AH (Hijri calendar)

In Thailand, the year is 2556 BE (Buddhist Era: พ.ศ. พุทธศักราช póot ta sàk-gà-râat)

QED

Thanks for playing

Buddha wins.

Smartass

But I didn't ask that. 2013 AD is Anno Domini "the year of our Lord." Others may have other systems but the most recognizable is what the most powerful civilization in History set up as the calendar, Romans did this very thing.
28-03-2013, 11:05 PM
(28-03-2013 11:01 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  Sorry the Gregorian calendar was based on Constantine in 400 A.D. The Bible does not have "authors" (these are people who take credit or produce their own writings. God had "penman" to write down the dictation of God. No book in the Bible claims to be "authored" by anyone. Facts are Facts! Tks again.

The church didn't pick what they liked, they took the books that they determined to be Canonical (a measuring stick) that measured to the standards of being from God.

Fairy tales are fairy tales.
Delusions are delusions.
Ignorance is Ignorance.

How do you know god dictated the bible? is your position not based on faith?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 2 users Like Adenosis's post
28-03-2013, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:26 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism