I can not only prove the existence of God I can prove the one true God! Welcome!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: I can not only prove the existence of God.
(29-03-2013 10:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 10:11 AM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  So as I said when God looks down from the heavens what does he see? A 3D circle is to him a flat half circle. To us it is a sphere. Thank you

What? Is he looking at it on his iPad?

Or does god have only one eye, therefore having no depth perception? God is a cyclops?

Take a sphere and look at it from one side and what would you see. You could say a flat half circle could you not.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: I can not only prove the existence of God I can prove the one true God! Welcome!
If this god is so damn powerful, why can't he send smarter people on these recruiting missions?

Why not choose only the best of the best? What am I missing?

If god only wants people that can understand those like rbmead, that's the level he seeks, then he doesn't have very high standards. Yet another reson I will pass.

Hmmm...a club with the pleasejesus, rbmead, Ego®, IcanproveIamChrist crowd...thanks, but no.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-03-2013, 10:43 AM
RE: I can not only prove the existence of God I can prove the one true God! Welcome!
(29-03-2013 10:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  If this god is so damn powerful, why can't he send smarter people on these recruiting missions?

He does. They become atheists. Smartass

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-03-2013, 10:44 AM
RE: I can not only prove the existence of I prove the one true God! Welcome!
The Jews believe Christians are guilty of idolatry because they worship a false messiah (one of many)

The Buddha isn't a god. The Buddah never claimed to be a god. Some, based solely on their own projections see a Buddhist temple and immidiately think they are worshipping the Buddha. They are not.

Shoo fly

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

29-03-2013, 10:49 AM
(29-03-2013 10:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  If this god is so damn powerful, why can't he send smarter people on these recruiting missions?

If god only wants people that can understand those like rbmead, that's the level he seeks, then he doesn't have very high standards. Yet another reson I will pass.

Hmmm...a club with the pleasejesus, rbmead, Ego®, IcanproveIamChrist crowd...thanks, but no.

Srsly why can't anyone even attempt an answer to some basic questions? I remember sitting in church at the age of 10 thinking about if god is so loving how come he punishes all these people that never even got a chance to hear his message. Ie: the Incas and the Aztecs pre-spanish invasion. That was the first step I ever took to the total rejection of christianity and ultimatly to becoming an atheist. I still have never heard a reasonable explaination for either that or the question I posed to our truely substandard appologist.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
29-03-2013, 10:51 AM
(29-03-2013 12:05 AM)SomeOne Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 11:43 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  deeply appreciate your honesty!!! But here are the problems to your statement 1) God did not create imperfect people "God said that everything that he made was GOOD." God is not the creator or author of SIN. How can he create sinful beings and expect them not to sin. that is contrary to rightness or logic or fairness. 2) Mankind is not guilty because of Adam's sin, Romans 5:12. We were there in the "loins" of Adam, just as if Adam had not sinned, I would definitely would have - and so would you. 3) it would take a longer discussion to determine why Jesus had to die for the sins of mankind. To start with determing the proper thinking you need to realize that God cannot ASSOCIATE or FELLOWSHIP with SINFUL mankind, and mankind could not ERASE their SIN NATURE. We continue to SIN because of our vessel (body). So one thing I want you to think about is, if mankind is Sinful and God can't fellowship with that kind of person in HEAVEN, than how would you rectify the situation? Mankind would have to DIE to pay the PENALTY for their and mine sin. God had to make a plan B. He gave man the OPPORTUNITY to enjoy his presence and not sin, and he and we could not follow ONE RULE. Think on that, please.

1) Exactly! it is contrary to logic
2) See 1
3) See 2

How would I rectify the situation? just forgiving (pure and simple) to give another chance of course.

By the way, I assume you are implying god does not have a "perfect plan" (If so, he shouldnt have to change it) and that he does not know the future.

Another GREAT POINT! To anwer how to rectify your situation: God has mad a WAY for you to be rescued from perishing by his means of Salvation. Man must HUMBLE himself and understand that he cannot earn or merit the GRACE (undeserved gift) or ETERNAL FELLOWSHIP with Him. He freely gives it to all who want to receive and be devoted to his ways. So for a man to humble oneself and be at their "wits end" is very hard for us to come to. Especially the older he gets because of the hardening of his heart. He solidifies his beliefs. When we do those two things - seek forgiveness, be loyal to him and his ways, we come part of his family. He you might say adopts us. It is accomplished by REPENTENCE (like a coin with two side - turning from selfish ways and turning to the ways of God). REDEMPTION is a very important aspect of this process, it means to "buy back" what was yours. God created us and we were his, our rebellion of sin (braking his laws) caused separation from him. So he decided to find a means of RECONCILIATION through His Sons death for our Sins.

You talk about "another chance" and it seems vague. Because of our body and mind being tainted by Sin, we have an inclination and desire to sin. It is a fetish to us. A means of desire and self pleasure. As long as were are in these corrupt bodies we will continually sin. Hopefully, the more spiritual you are, the much less you sin. God when he empowers us, gives us the abilitly and means to overcome in 1 Corinthians 10:13.

Remembering that MAN DESTROYED the "perfect plan" but that is because he gave man free-will. For God to have robots or puppets would not be near the pleasure as a being that wilfully embraces them. So God was forced to pick plan B due to his severe desire to once again fellowship with mankind for eternity.
29-03-2013, 11:00 AM
(29-03-2013 10:51 AM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 12:05 AM)SomeOne Wrote:  1) Exactly! it is contrary to logic
2) See 1
3) See 2

How would I rectify the situation? just forgiving (pure and simple) to give another chance of course.

By the way, I assume you are implying god does not have a "perfect plan" (If so, he shouldnt have to change it) and that he does not know the future.

Another GREAT POINT! To anwer how to rectify your situation: God has mad a WAY for you to be rescued from perishing by his means of Salvation. Man must HUMBLE himself and understand that he cannot earn or merit the GRACE (undeserved gift) or ETERNAL FELLOWSHIP with Him. He freely gives it to all who want to receive and be devoted to his ways. So for a man to humble oneself and be at their "wits end" is very hard for us to come to. Especially the older he gets because of the hardening of his heart. He solidifies his beliefs. When we do those two things - seek forgiveness, be loyal to him and his ways, we come part of his family. He you might say adopts us. It is accomplished by REPENTENCE (like a coin with two side - turning from selfish ways and turning to the ways of God). REDEMPTION is a very important aspect of this process, it means to "buy back" what was yours. God created us and we were his, our rebellion of sin (braking his laws) caused separation from him. So he decided to find a means of RECONCILIATION through His Sons death for our Sins.

You talk about "another chance" and it seems vague. Because of our body and mind being tainted by Sin, we have an inclination and desire to sin. It is a fetish to us. A means of desire and self pleasure. As long as were are in these corrupt bodies we will continually sin. Hopefully, the more spiritual you are, the much less you sin. God when he empowers us, gives us the abilitly and means to overcome in 1 Corinthians 10:13.

Remembering that MAN DESTROYED the "perfect plan" but that is because he gave man free-will. For God to have robots or puppets would not be near the pleasure as a being that wilfully embraces them. So God was forced to pick plan B due to his severe desire to once again fellowship with mankind for eternity.

Fixt that for ya...capitalization only captures the attention for a second, but RED CAPITALIZATION really means something.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-03-2013, 11:04 AM
(29-03-2013 09:55 AM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 12:46 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  You don't see the flaw in that?

Joseph Smith was a holy man. The angel Moroni gave him golden tablets with the words of god on them, and the Holy Spirit filled Joseph Smith so that he could translate those tablets and give us the Book of Mormon, the most recent addition to the bible. Those are the words of God.

See, I have a quote too:

Concerning this record the Prophet Joseph Smith said: “I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.”

So there you have it. Indisputable proof that the Book of Mormon is the purest, most perfect word of God available today. Well, at least this proof is as good as Peter's word. Better, since Joseph Smith was a prophet and Peter was only a "Penman".

So, using your own "method" of providing "proof", we have conclusively proved that the Mormon religion is the correct one.

You are a Mormon, right?

Nice try but Mormonism is a Cult. A Cult is a group that deviates from the truth. One quick example why this is true. Joseph Smith had the gold plates delivered to him in Pennsylvania (I believe) and then God asked for them back. For one God doesn't need the plastes, and two God never asked for his message to be returned. These are two contrary points to the consistency of God. It also is contrary to the nature of God who does not need things (returned plates).

Mormonism deviates fromt he truth? How do you know this? Aseptic gave you a quote! Surely that should be proof of that religions validity?

If God is omnipotent, he didn't need to have a child (who is himself) and sacrifice that child (himself) to himself, as a loophole for original sin we inherit from Adam (the dirt man). He could have gotten rid of original sin, he could have used any other method.

Your believing a loony fairy tale from a superstitious time where we lacked scientific inquiry. If here really is a god, he is nothing like the contradictory, twisted, and psychopathic god of the bible.

(29-03-2013 10:24 AM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  GREAT QUESTION! Pat yourself on the back! God does want to spend eternity with EVERYONE. The passage in 2 Peter 3:9 is precisely this, "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentence.

So God does want to spend eternity with everyone BUT we must define his nature better to actually understand his proper workings. How does he "tic"?
1) Man is created with a FREE WILL - no matter the amount of his DESIRE to spend eternity with HIM, he cannot violate your free will to choose your own desiny.
2) Since mankind is sinful (we all have sinned against God's laws - lie, cheat and steal to name a few) he is JUST and RIGHT to sentence people who do not seek His GIFT of FORGIVENESS and ALLEGIANCE to HIM as being peoploe who have REJECTED HIM and HIS WAYS. Thus, he is appropriately and justly sending people to a place of torment for such actions.
3) God does not really send men to HELL. They CHOOSE their DESTINY by their actions. He is just the facilitator or their decision.
4) God gives clear signs over and over again to try and draw you into his fellowship, but once again it is ultimately your choice and not his. Like being invited to a party, but the hosts will not force you to come. You must acknowledge the invitation and make efforts to properly get there.

1) Present a coherent argument (something you have yet to do at all) for free will.
2) How am I rejecting him? You haven't introduced me to him. P.s. watch this http://youtu.be/-j8ZMMuu7MU
3) So things happen that don't abide by gods plan?
4) No, he really doesn't. You interpret common daily experience as evidence for god. If your beliefs don't mirror reality then your perception is going to be off.

Imagine wanting it to rain, and it rains! oh my god! a miracle!?

No. Sometimes IT RAINS.

Hear say stories and rare occurances are proof of god to believers, but looking at this from an unbias point of view shows how ridiculous this 'evidence' for his existence is. You can't prove god, no one can. I find it funny how you come in here being deceptive like many others. Is that the kind of behavior your god condones? if so, even IF he does exist, he can fuck off.

(29-03-2013 10:31 AM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 12:21 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  What if I find a Muslim child, or a Hindu, or Buddhist, or a Wiccan child, or any other religion? Will that child have your god's love in their heart, or will he have Allah, Vishnu, Buddha, the Goddess, or any other god in their heart?

Are you so self-centered that you think Christianity is the only religion out there? Oh, wait, never mind, stupid question.

In the Bible you have two key points 1) In Exodus 20 (Ten Commandments) God stated that there should be no other gods but him and that idols (which the word means nothing) should not be worshiped. Worshiping Budha or Hindhi (some 33 million or 330 milllion gods is really worshiping NOTHING). All the good intent still gets you no where. If you want maybe it is a good time to now prove how all five major religions are wrong or one is right theory.

How about Exodus 21 and slaves, do you think god wanted us to keep slaves?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
29-03-2013, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:10 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 3 users Like Doctor X's post
29-03-2013, 11:09 AM
(29-03-2013 10:49 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Srsly why can't anyone even attempt an answer to some basic questions? I remember sitting in church at the age of 10 thinking about if god is so loving how come he punishes all these people that never even got a chance to hear his message. Ie: the Incas and the Aztecs pre-spanish invasion. That was the first step I ever took to the total rejection of christianity and ultimatly to becoming an atheist. I still have never heard a reasonable explaination for either that or the question I posed to our truely substandard appologist.

There is an answer. Having seen "the creator of the universe," the first impression was - this ain't nothing to be contained in the human mind. I remember being infused with "Holy Spirit;" mind being expanded by an order of magnitude just so I could sit there and go, "duh." Concerns about "human suffering" relate to the amount of concern faced by the scientist fucking with e-coli. Which leads to two inescapable conclusions:

Unknowable, as stated by all scripture I've encountered.
Irrelevant, as stated by Doc X repeatedly.

And that shit don't fill the pews nor the collection plates. This "Identity of god" is only an exercise in human ego, as clearly stated by the OP with his moral indignation at belittlement even though he is a "man of god."

Dumbass. In the sense of tao, we all are, only some of us do not rest on our entitlement. Some of us question shit. Just like Buddha said. You know, Buddha, the atheist? Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post