I can not only prove the existence of God I can prove the one true God! Welcome!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2013, 08:59 PM
RE: I can not only prove the existence of God I can prove the one true God! Welcome!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2013, 09:01 PM
RE: I can not only prove the existence of God I can prove the one true God! Welcome!
(29-03-2013 03:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  rb, were you planning on getting around to your "proof" anytime this month ?

Go look under the debate section, I guess. We are in round two. Will find much more information.
29-03-2013, 09:08 PM

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

29-03-2013, 09:22 PM
(29-03-2013 08:30 PM)Doctor X Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 08:05 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  He apparently has never looked at a globe from a distance if he thinks it looks like a circle.

Or pictures from space. Or maybe he thinks space is two-dimensional. You know this whole "rotational thing" is kind of hard to reconcile with a circle.

Free Thought Wrote:... Has he actually called out a specific god yet?

Of course not. That would require some insight. He has also ignored the problem of Unjust Suffering.

He is basically trying some weak appeals to popularity and circular reasoning. Nothing new, but his ignorance of the biblical texts, history, and science proves most alarming.

--J.D.

I thought as much.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-03-2013, 09:25 PM
(29-03-2013 03:49 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 02:20 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me."

Dear 1960, I'm very curious to know your thoughts on this very quote, seriously speaking if possible. I would like to ask you a few questions and please take the time to think the answers through.

Q1: Do you believe in the Holy Trinity?
Q2: If yes, then how can one part of the triad forsake another?
Q3: How can one part keep information from another?
Q4: If they are one and the same i.e. "The Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit" are not three different names for different parts of God but one name for God,[41] because three persons exist in God as one unity[42] and the Father can not be divided from the Son nor the Holy Spirit from the Son. Each person is understood as having the identical essence or nature, not merely similar natures.[43]
then how do you come to terms with the Father forsaking the Son?

I think I know what you'll respond but I'll keep that to myself for the moment.

1)Yes the trinity is proven. If you believe the scripture in Genesis 1. the word E
Elohim is the Jewish word and it means God's in a plural sense.
2) To understand why the triune had to forsake one of them is because of the work that Jesus had to do to provide the possible means of forgiveness for man's sins.
3) The term is called Kinesis - where Jesus to be in the form of man had to set aside various traits. He did not know all that he knew in the God form, he did not have the same power to go anywhere at anytime. IN his human form he felt and experienced what man did 1 Corinthians 10:13.
4) the God of the universe has three different positions thus the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. The Father sits on the throne, Jesus is on the right hand side and is our advocate (like an attorney) on our behalf, the Holy Spirit is presently in our earthly realm and is prodding men to come to the knowledge of God (without him no men would come to the saving knowledge of God) and encouraging Christians to do more right and living for the King. We are often "deaf" and uncaring to the needs of others as we should be for all that has been done for us.
Why God had to forsake the Son was because he could not look upon him because he was bearing the sins of the world. God the Father cannot associate with Sin, thus, why mankind in his present state cannot spend eternity with God the Father and the triune. that is why mankind determines their destiny not God the Father. His desire and wish is that all mankind would spend eternity with him forever, but the free will of man is the settling factor. Hope this helps.

P.S. forgot the three essence that are separated. You forget that the three beings have not been togehter at all times. The quickest and simplest way to explain this is that God can do mostly anything. So Jesus decided to take on the form of man and die for the sins of man. Very heroic.
29-03-2013, 09:28 PM

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

29-03-2013, 09:40 PM
(29-03-2013 04:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 03:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  The Gospels were written by people who had full knowledge of the texts of the Psalms and borrowed the language and imagery therefrom to "fulfill" them.

That the language echos the Psalms is not proof of anything else.

Of course but rb's god glasses are thick. Reason won't work. Shocking

His kind are a dime a dozen. But like his stories he tries to sell, he doesn't realize his arguments aren't original.

How about those that have died and went to heaven, only to be revived and recount their story? So I will tell you an account of this small boy that died. He was revived after some difficult medical deliberation. Upon his recovery he shares with his father that he had seen his Grandfather. The father was taken aback by this comment because the boy had never seen his grandfather. So being an inquissitve father he gets a recent photo of his father and shows it to the boy. The boy says he does not recognize anyone in the picture. The father is once again taken back by the by this encounter with the boy. Upon further deliberation the father comes up with the idea of another picture that he has of his father as a young man. He shows the picture to the boy that has numerous men in the picture (example: like a military group of men). Immediately upon seeing the picture the boy points out his grandfather correctly. The grandfather was not a old man in heaven, he had a new body and was young.

Or about the Pastor that died for 1 1/2 hours and goes to heaven. He encounters people that he knows but after being in heaven he is told that he is going to be sent back to spread the Gospel (meaning Good News) to others in the world. He goes around the US telling of his miraculous recovery in spite of his difficult physical condition after a viciolus car accident that should have caused certain death.

I am not one for experiences but these seem quite overwhelming. Even the many accounts that people speak of going to a bright light or some going to darkness. sure they just had a pizza or they aren't reported in triplicate and notorized. surely just garbage in your eyes. So save you your breath and typing time.
29-03-2013, 09:41 PM
(29-03-2013 04:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 03:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  The Gospels were written by people who had full knowledge of the texts of the Psalms and borrowed the language and imagery therefrom to "fulfill" them.

That the language echos the Psalms is not proof of anything else.

Of course but rb's god glasses are thick. Reason won't work. Shocking

His kind are a dime a dozen. But like his stories he tries to sell, he doesn't realize his arguments aren't original.

You forget the best argument is an original one. The truth is always the best. It is not about being different it is about being right!
29-03-2013, 09:43 PM
(29-03-2013 09:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 08:59 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  Of course but rb's god glasses are thick. Reason won't work. Shocking

Yah, people didn't even know of crucifixion on a cross at the time it was written, it was not a form of punishment. But they chose to have him crucified to satisfy the old testament quotes. Too much information to hold in ones head. Full of BALONEY! Just because you say something does not make it logical or half way true. that is why christianity has survived for over 2000 years. And that is why all the disciples but one I beleive died for the cause of Christ. they were just trying to make the story look good. BALONEY! Where do you come up with this stuff? Hard to believe for irrational people.

You obviously know nothing that the real messiah was supposed to do. There are very real and valid reasons the Jews remain atheist about the whole Christ thing.

You bring nothing new to the debate. There have been many others before you....you have written nothing new and the proof is all in your mind.

Shoo fly. Seriously. Shoo.

So why is Jesus not the Messiah mr. genius. Enlighten us with your brilliance!
29-03-2013, 09:54 PM
(29-03-2013 09:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 08:59 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  Of course but rb's god glasses are thick. Reason won't work. Shocking

Yah, people didn't even know of crucifixion on a cross at the time it was written, it was not a form of punishment. But they chose to have him crucified to satisfy the old testament quotes. Too much information to hold in ones head. Full of BALONEY! Just because you say something does not make it logical or half way true. that is why christianity has survived for over 2000 years. And that is why all the disciples but one I beleive died for the cause of Christ. they were just trying to make the story look good. BALONEY! Where do you come up with this stuff? Hard to believe for irrational people.

Bullshit. It's survived for 2000 years because of fear and might. That's all. It didn't survive because it's true. How completely naive are you? Most religions hold onto people through fear or at the point of a gun (or other earlier weapon).

Your being disingenuous at best and worst you're just a liar.

Now shoo fly.

Just because you say something does not make it true. You sound bitter and hurt. there is no gun held to my head. I chose to fellowship and finally obey the King.