I can not only prove the existence of God I can prove the one true God! Welcome!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2013, 07:22 PM
RE: I can not only prove the existence of God.
(28-03-2013 07:08 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  So Bucky Ball, let me get this straight, did you say that it is wrong/right to kill, steal or lie??????? Please stay with my starting point. I can and will answer sin nature. But this does not pertain to proving God's existence. I have no answers to this simple question.

I'm sayiing there is no absolute moral law. It depends, (obviously), on the situation.
So your premise is shot to hell. Sorry deary. Try harder.

As far as gods go, now I prefer mine as "closers". The come from behind types.
I guess one would say that's a "Silky Sullivan" type god.
Now we train our 6 furlong horses to do that, as most tracks favor that. But not all. And in even a small change, (5.5 furlongs for example), early speed is all important. So I guess that would be an early god, like Yahweh, the 70th son of El Elyion, from the Babylonians, who eventually became Jebus' father, and the god in the Babble.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2013, 07:26 PM
(28-03-2013 07:12 PM)Doctor X Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:10 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  So why do we have such moral values?

"Moral Values" such as 1 Sam 15:3: "Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy [ḥrm--חרם--Ed.] all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey." Apparently he likes bunnies. . . .

--J.D.

You have not figured out why they were commanded to do so?? Why?
28-03-2013, 07:28 PM
(28-03-2013 07:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:08 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  So Bucky Ball, let me get this straight, did you say that it is wrong/right to kill, steal or lie??????? Please stay with my starting point. I can and will answer sin nature. But this does not pertain to proving God's existence. I have no answers to this simple question.

I'm sayiing there is no absolute moral law. It depends, (obviously), on the situation.

Now we train our 6 furlong horses to do that, as most tracks favor that. But not all. And in even a small change, (5.5 furlongs for example), early speed is all important. So I guess that would be an early god, like Yahweh, the 70th son of El Elyion, from the Babylonians, who eventually became Jebus' father, and the god in the Babble.

You say there is no absolute moral law. Is that an absolute statement? If so, how can you be absolute if you say there is no absolute. Rather contradictary isn't it.
28-03-2013, 07:30 PM
(28-03-2013 07:26 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
"Moral Values" such as 1 Sam 15:3: "Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy [ḥrm--חרם--Ed.] all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey." Apparently he likes bunnies. . . .

--J.D.

Also why would you quote the Bible if there is no God???
28-03-2013, 07:30 PM
(28-03-2013 07:21 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:17 PM)SomeOne Wrote:  If you dont know where something comes from it doesnt mean that it had to be "God". It just means you dont know where it comes from. Is that hard to understand?

So the two relating have no significance??? Amazing how so many people believe that God exists (like 5 billion) and the few I meet that don't beleive a thoroughly questioning their belief that there is no God based on my question. You guys seem to totally dismiss it as a possibility. why such a quick dismissal? Are you just not wanting to CONSIDER TRUTH. I just said it was the starting point. Which is important to those in your faith position.

I know you said it was your starting point. You asked, I said "nope" (aka: no), then you asked "so why do we have them".

What I really want to say is "I dont know". I dont see moral standards as something that "must be related to a higher power". Can you please try to convince me that having moral standard is proof that "God" exists?

if your faith can move mountains it should be able to withstand criticism
28-03-2013, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2013 07:40 PM by Adenosis.)
(28-03-2013 07:17 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  Doctor, why did you not answer the question but you seem to answer them??? I asked if you believe that it is wrong/right to kill, steal or lie? A debate must be questions coupled with answers. You seem to go on your own tangents. Please answer my question. I don't know what your position is??

It is wrong to kill, steal, and lie (most of the time) when your a social species if your goal is to survive. People rely on others to survive therefore killing them is bad, stealing and lieing to them will just cut yourself off from the group if your caught. It seems though that your god doesn't have any problem with killing people. So who is more moral in your opinion, someone that commands his people to commit genocide, or someone that is against murder?

(28-03-2013 07:26 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  

--J.D.

Because Yaweh is childish. He likes genocide, sacrifice, messing with peoples lives, ect.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
28-03-2013, 07:34 PM
(28-03-2013 07:21 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:17 PM)SomeOne Wrote:  If you dont know where something comes from it doesnt mean that it had to be "God". It just means you dont know where it comes from. Is that hard to understand?

So the two relating have no significance??? Amazing how so many people believe that God exists (like 5 billion) and the few I meet that don't beleive a thoroughly questioning their belief that there is no God based on my question. You guys seem to totally dismiss it as a possibility. why such a quick dismissal? Are you just not wanting to CONSIDER TRUTH. I just said it was the starting point. Which is important to those in your faith position.

You're question is easily shrugged off because it's such a loose question. It can be broken down in so many ways in different questions as well making it full of arbitrary distinctions and views. What is right/wrong at all? Who decides what is right/wrong? Is it always right and always wrong?

Even in the Bible there are moments where those don't happen to be the same. Apparently when ordered to kill, it's okay, it's apparently okay to steal food from a fellow Jew if you are starving. So what is right/wrong?

And simply, there are easy to grasp scientific/evolutionary explanations for these moral codes as they develop through a grown grasp of empathy and some other base emotions. The even exist in the animal kingdom, especially among mammals(I think but I'm not expert-sey) Creatures such as Primates and wolves definitely conform to these base ideas in their packs. It's a benefit for the survival of their species.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-03-2013, 07:34 PM
(28-03-2013 07:30 PM)SomeOne Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:21 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  So the two relating have no significance??? Amazing how so many people believe that God exists (like 5 billion) and the few I meet that don't beleive a thoroughly questioning their belief that there is no God based on my question. You guys seem to totally dismiss it as a possibility. why such a quick dismissal? Are you just not wanting to CONSIDER TRUTH. I just said it was the starting point. Which is important to those in your faith position.

I know you said it was your starting point. You asked, I said "nope" (aka: no), then you asked "so why do we have them"

So when you have 1) moral people who value right and wrong 2) the Bible concurs and clarifies why this is so "written on our hearts" 3) people in vast numbers and a great, great majority seek God. This leads one to question his existence. Are you at least willing to concede that it is possible that a God does exist????

What I really want to say is "I dont know". I dont see moral standards as something that "must be related to a higher power". Can you please try to convince me that having moral standard is proof that "God" exists?
28-03-2013, 07:35 PM
(28-03-2013 07:28 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'm sayiing there is no absolute moral law. It depends, (obviously), on the situation.

You say there is no absolute moral law. Is that an absolute statement? If so, how can you be absolute if you say there is no absolute. Rather contradictary isn't it.

Grow up deary. So you came here to play word games. You were about to try to tell us morality comes form the gods. I pre-empted your pathetic try, by stating that in general, one's moral response to a situation depends on the situation. You cannot murder just anyone, if you are a soldier. You must kill some people. Therefore the ethic it situatuonal, not absolute. The commensment says "Thou shalt not kill". Even the popey would say it's not an absulute law.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

28-03-2013, 07:35 PM
I can not only prove the existence of God. I can prove the one true God! Welcome!
And now for my pat response to people who open with this kind of nonsense...Oh FFS.

And I add, here we go again.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post