I can not only prove the existence of God I can prove the one true God! Welcome!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2013, 07:47 PM
RE: I can not only prove BLA BLA BLA
(28-03-2013 07:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And now for my pat response to people who open with this kind of nonsense...Oh FFS.

And I add, here we go again.

Actually mine was, "It's Maundy Thurdsay evening. Why isn't he in church ?"

every other day
of the week is fine, yeah
but when every maundy comes
can find me cryin'
alla time

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-03-2013, 07:47 PM
RE: I can not only prove the existence of God.
(28-03-2013 07:41 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:38 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  I will answer.

Your question is too vague. It is usually, for me, undesirable to kill, though in some situations I would willingly kill and feel little or no remorse about it. It is usually, for me, undesirable to steal, though in some situations I would choose to steal rather than suffer a harsher consequence. It is usually, for me, undesirable to lie, though in some situations I can and have lied to avoid worse consequences.

I would prefer it if others chose not to kill me, steal from me, or lie to me. On that basis, I find it undesirable to have them take those actions with regards to me.

I wish everyone viewed these things the way I do - if every human being found these same actions just as undesirable as I find them, then this world would be a better place. Sadly, some people seem to find such things less undesirable than I find them and are therefore more prone to kill, steal, or lie than I would desire them to be.

But you didn't ask about the desirability of performing or falling victim to these actions. You asked if they were "right/wrong". I think those terms are too vague to be used without clarification, so I answered in terms of desirability. If you can clarify your meaning, perhaps I can answer using your definition of "right/wrong".

Is it appropriate or condonable behavior to lie, steal or kill? would you want others to immitate or emmulate or even copy your behavior? Of course we don't want others to do it to us, and if we were honest with ourselves we know that it is not appropriate to do it to others. Like the golden rule.

Appropriate? Isn't this just as vague as "right"?

Condonable? Now I can get behind this. No, I don't condone anyone lying, stealing, or killing, save for certain excusable situations.

Yes, I do want others to imitate or emulate or even copy my behavior. Of course I don't want to be victimized by lying, stealing, or killing. I am honest with myself and I do know that it is (usually) not desirable to do these things to others. Like the golden rule.

So what's your point?

Are you saying that we, as social creatures, have evolved an understanding that it's generally undesirable to inflict harm on others because we recognize that we don't want harm inflicted on us? Then we agree. Our highly evolved brains, thanks to evolution, give us the cognitive resources to figure out that we are safer and usually happier in a society where we all treat each other with compassion rather than doing harm to each other.

Thank you evolution for getting us to the point where we're capable of understanding this.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
28-03-2013, 07:49 PM
(28-03-2013 07:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:43 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  I have no idea what you said or am trying to say. sorry.

Then please come back, after you get an education.
You are dismissed.
We have better things to do.
Are you like in 6th Grade ?

You state something based on ignorance. You do not know of my education. So your statement is a misstatment.
28-03-2013, 07:50 PM
RE: Don't make subject titles that long, fool
rbmead1960, would you be interested in a one-on-one debate with me where you can avoid the various distractions and multiple avenues of attack you are experiencing here?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
28-03-2013, 07:54 PM
(28-03-2013 07:47 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:41 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  Is it appropriate or condonable behavior to lie, steal or kill? would you want others to immitate or emmulate or even copy your behavior? Of course we don't want others to do it to us, and if we were honest with ourselves we know that it is not appropriate to do it to others. Like the golden rule.

Appropriate? Isn't this just as vague as "right"?

Condonable? Now I can get behind this. No, I don't condone anyone lying, stealing, or killing, save for certain excusable situations.

Yes, I do want others to imitate or emulate or even copy my behavior. Of course I don't want to be victimized by lying, stealing, or killing. I am honest with myself and I do know that it is (usually) not desirable to do these things to others. Like the golden rule.

So what's your point?

Are you saying that we, as social creatures, have evolved an understanding that it's generally undesirable to inflict harm on others because we recognize that we don't want harm inflicted on us? Then we agree. Our highly evolved brains, thanks to evolution, give us the cognitive resources to figure out that we are safer and usually happier in a society where we all treat each other with compassion rather than doing harm to each other.

Thank you evolution for getting us to the point where we're capable of understanding this.

There is no proof of evolution and more proof of God and his Creation. Darwin stated that if humans or animals had a complicated sequence to pro-create than all of his findings were wrong. DNA Sadly our society and the world is not a safer more compassionate society. Senseless violence, killings, rape and emotional or physical harm done to each other. This correlates once again to the position stated about mankind. that we were selfish and evil and that no good lies within us. Not that we can't be better moral agents, but when placed in difficult positions we thrive for self-preservation, not the well being of others around us. This is a quite accurate evaluation of the human race.
28-03-2013, 07:54 PM
RE:
So, you posted an empty reply for me and now you are ignoring me? I didnt say anything that would scare you, did I?

if your faith can move mountains it should be able to withstand criticism
28-03-2013, 07:55 PM
(28-03-2013 07:50 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  rbmead1960, would you be interested in a one-on-one debate with me where you can avoid the various distractions and multiple avenues of attack you are experiencing here?

What would you like to discuss. I would gladly answer anything that you would like to reasonably discuss.
28-03-2013, 07:56 PM
(28-03-2013 07:50 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  rbmead1960, would you be interested in a one-on-one debate with me where you can avoid the various distractions and multiple avenues of attack you are experiencing here?

'Course he doesn't. He wants to worm around our fortifications, and claim victory for every seeming crack.

He's just a troll here for our amusement. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
28-03-2013, 07:56 PM
(28-03-2013 07:55 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  

What would you like to discuss. I would gladly answer anything that you would like to reasonably discuss.

Same topic.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
28-03-2013, 07:57 PM
(28-03-2013 07:56 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

'Course he doesn't. He wants to worm around our fortifications, and claim victory for every seeming crack.

He's just a troll here for our amusement. Tongue

Target practice.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post