I can not only prove the existence of God I can prove the one true God! Welcome!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2013, 08:12 PM
RE: Don't make subject titles that long, fool
(28-03-2013 08:08 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 08:06 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  Bad Form. NOt nice. I am a man of God.

It's a metaphor. Your arguments are the watermelons. My arguments are the .500 S&W Magnum bullets. I'm Hickok45. I guess you'd be the watermelon farmer? Or something like that.

You have told me nothing. I have more ammunition than you have. You shoot blanks!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: I can not only prove BLA BLA BLA
(28-03-2013 07:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And now for my pat response to people who open with this kind of nonsense...Oh FFS.

And I add, here we go again.

Actually mine was, "It's Maundy Thurdsay evening. Why isn't he in church ?"

But where was he on Thirsty Monday?Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-03-2013, 08:15 PM
I can not only prove the existence of God. I can prove the one true God! Welcome!
He sounds like the clown I just finished tangling with over at the YouTube threads from a video I published. He kept dodging and dancing around the 5 major arguments I made in the vid concerning the empty tomb, no resurrection, no wholesale persecution of xtians, etc. Finally, after almost 100 messages going back and forth he made a lame attempt at them. His arguments? He used discredited sources (example - Josephus' comment about a christ), and pretty much copied almost word for word apologists' arguments from other sights.
It's always the same isn't it? And very frustrating as well.

"that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" Christopher Hitchens
28-03-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: I can not only prove the existence of God.
(28-03-2013 07:54 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:47 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Appropriate? Isn't this just as vague as "right"?

Condonable? Now I can get behind this. No, I don't condone anyone lying, stealing, or killing, save for certain excusable situations.

Yes, I do want others to imitate or emulate or even copy my behavior. Of course I don't want to be victimized by lying, stealing, or killing. I am honest with myself and I do know that it is (usually) not desirable to do these things to others. Like the golden rule.

So what's your point?

Are you saying that we, as social creatures, have evolved an understanding that it's generally undesirable to inflict harm on others because we recognize that we don't want harm inflicted on us? Then we agree. Our highly evolved brains, thanks to evolution, give us the cognitive resources to figure out that we are safer and usually happier in a society where we all treat each other with compassion rather than doing harm to each other.

Thank you evolution for getting us to the point where we're capable of understanding this.

There is no proof of evolution and more proof of God and his Creation. Darwin stated that if humans or animals had a complicated sequence to pro-create than all of his findings were wrong. DNA

Hmmm, you just totally jumped the tracks. Are you trying to prove objective morality or are you trying to disprove evolution?

Are you sure Darwin said that? I can find no such quote. Please cite your source. The closest quote I can find that is remotely similar to your alleged quote is this one:

"If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed, which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down. But I can find out no such case. " On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin.

Clearly not the same thing at all, but I suspect you have misheard or misunderstood this quote and are now, hopefully accidentally, misquoting it here in this thread.

(28-03-2013 07:54 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  Sadly our society and the world is not a safer more compassionate society. Senseless violence, killings, rape and emotional or physical harm done to each other. This correlates once again to the position stated about mankind. that we were selfish and evil and that no good lies within us.

I mostly agree, though I don't attribute selfishness nor "evil" to all of mankind. There definitely are some selfish people, and some whom we might call "evil".

(28-03-2013 07:54 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  Not that we can't be better moral agents, but when placed in difficult positions we thrive for self-preservation, not the well being of others around us. This is a quite accurate evaluation of the human race.

Again, you're arguing FOR evolution. The instinct to survive, to fight against all odds for self-preservation, this is what Natural Selection is all about (well, this and genetic mutation to make the fight easier).

Are you sure you're not on our side in this debate?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
28-03-2013, 08:17 PM
I can't the existence of God. I can't prove any of it.
Aww crap, I get it now...it's almost Easter...let the pitiful attempts at conversion begin.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-03-2013, 08:17 PM
(28-03-2013 08:12 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 08:08 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  It's a metaphor. Your arguments are the watermelons. My arguments are the .500 S&W Magnum bullets. I'm Hickok45. I guess you'd be the watermelon farmer? Or something like that.

You have told me nothing. I have more ammunition than you have. You shoot blanks!

... Are you going to accept my debate challenge or no? Then you can see who shoots blanks [/cliche]

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-to-debate

Make up your mind.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
28-03-2013, 08:18 PM
(28-03-2013 06:39 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  I will start with the existence of God in a HIGHLY PLAUSIBLE means. When ALL of the evidence is provided, you will be shown the very presence of God HIMSELF. It is the responsibility of the FAITHFUL to be able to present such a CREDIBLE case. I believe that all have the right to their opinion, and it should be respected. No insult or tantrums. Just a logical debate and discussion. So, God is proven from a moral standpoint. This is the question that all people will agree with "Is it right for you to kill, lie or steal?" So, Why is this the case? Romans 2 collaborates"It is written on our hearts."

That's nothing more than presuppositional bs. And implied deductions are also trashy to say the least - when you claim 'all' people will agree. You speak for everyone? You must be a god yourself. When you posit we all agree about killing or stealing - that would DEPEND on circumstances and is NOT a yes/no scenario.

"that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" Christopher Hitchens
28-03-2013, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:30 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
28-03-2013, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:30 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
28-03-2013, 08:23 PM
(28-03-2013 08:06 PM)rbmead1960 Wrote:  
(28-03-2013 07:57 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Target practice.

Bad Form. NOt nice. I am a man of God.

And I'm a prophet of god. So fucking what? You're here to troll. Respond to questions with scholarship, insight, and logic; the snarkiness will vanish.

Mostly. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post