I can't believe I did something that stupid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2015, 02:14 PM
I can't believe I did something that stupid
OK, so a couple of weeks ago I made an on-line payment of $295.00 except that I evidently missed the decimal point and it submitted for $29500 instead. I got the fun of having to call the bank and explain just what a stupid mistake I had made. (Yes, it showed a confirmation screen and I'm sure I just didn't really look at it.) Gasp

Also, I was emptying the document shredder I have at home and thinking what a pain in the ass it is to empty the bin into a trash bag to take it for disposal. I've been doing it for years and it always ends up with lots of little paper shreds all over the place. As I was doing it this time it occurred to me that if I lined the empty bin with a trash bag I'd never have to deal with it again because I can just lift out the bag when it gets full. Facepalm

So, what have you done recently that exposes just how stupid you can be at times?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2015, 02:38 PM
RE: I can't believe I did something that stupid
(03-07-2015 02:14 PM)unfogged Wrote:  OK, so a couple of weeks ago I made an on-line payment of $295.00 except that I evidently missed the decimal point and it submitted for $29500 instead. I got the fun of having to call the bank and explain just what a stupid mistake I had made. (Yes, it showed a confirmation screen and I'm sure I just didn't really look at it.) Gasp

Also, I was emptying the document shredder I have at home and thinking what a pain in the ass it is to empty the bin into a trash bag to take it for disposal. I've been doing it for years and it always ends up with lots of little paper shreds all over the place. As I was doing it this time it occurred to me that if I lined the empty bin with a trash bag I'd never have to deal with it again because I can just lift out the bag when it gets full. Facepalm

So, what have you done recently that exposes just how stupid you can be at times?
Ouch that 30k mistake. . .

I laughed at the other though.

The other day I had bought some great cheeses and wanted some to have some as soon as I got home. So I put the cheese out and get the bread. Go to the drawer to find my cheese-cutter but it wasn't there. So I look at the pile of dirty dishes to see if it was there. . . no luck. Looked back in the drawer and another drawer and all the stupid places I could possible have move it to. Finally I gave up and went to put the cheese and bread away. Lo and behold there it is right next to the cheese. I had apparently already taken the cheese-cutter out.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
03-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Usually getting up in the morning covers my stupidity for the day. I'll never learn. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
03-07-2015, 10:32 PM
I was in the kitchen one day and used the dishrag, then put it down to do something else. After finishing the something else I went to use the dishrag again. Only it wasn't where I'd put it down. What the hell? I didn't hide it; it's in plain sight, so where is it? Did I absently put it down in the dining room? No, not there. Back to the kitchen. No sign of it. Living room? I knew damn well I hadn't gone into the living room but maybe I did and I forgot, after all, I'd forgotten where I'd just put the damn dishrag down.

Nope, not on the living room. Now I'm starting to doubt my sanity. Bedroom? Back and forth, room to room, no dishrag. Anywhere.

And then I found it. I'd draped it over my shoulder. And at that moment felt a chill. The whole time I'd been clomping through the house hunting down that dishrag I'd been walking carefully so it wouldn't fall off.
[+] 9 users Like Airportkid's post
03-07-2015, 11:19 PM
Quote:Also, I was emptying the document shredder I have at home and thinking what a pain in the ass it is to empty the bin into a trash bag to take it for disposal. I've been doing it for years and it always ends up with lots of little paper shreds all over the place. As I was doing it this time it occurred to me that if I lined the empty bin with a trash bag I'd never have to deal with it again because I can just lift out the bag when it gets full. Facepalm

Son, I mean this in the absolute meanest way possible: You are one hell of a fucking dumbass...

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
04-07-2015, 01:12 AM
I don't have stupid moments; I have senior moments.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
04-07-2015, 06:42 AM
I've already shared a bunch of those.

But I guess the ultimate bonehead moment was when I thought it was a good idea to get married to my ex-wife.

I blame all the street drugs I did in the early 80's.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-07-2015, 08:05 AM
I lit a cigarette after cleaning paint off my hands with paint thinner yup you guessed it second degree burns all round
04-07-2015, 08:20 AM
(03-07-2015 10:32 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  I was in the kitchen one day and used the dishrag, then put it down to do something else. After finishing the something else I went to use the dishrag again. Only it wasn't where I'd put it down. What the hell? I didn't hide it; it's in plain sight, so where is it? Did I absently put it down in the dining room? No, not there. Back to the kitchen. No sign of it. Living room? I knew damn well I hadn't gone into the living room but maybe I did and I forgot, after all, I'd forgotten where I'd just put the damn dishrag down.

Nope, not on the living room. Now I'm starting to doubt my sanity. Bedroom? Back and forth, room to room, no dishrag. Anywhere.

And then I found it. I'd draped it over my shoulder. And at that moment felt a chill. The whole time I'd been clomping through the house hunting down that dishrag I'd been walking carefully so it wouldn't fall off.

Many years ago, when I didn't have to wear my glass all the time, I misplaced them. I was tearing up the house looking for them in all the usual places. My husband was watching this intense search and my growing frustration. He enjoyed it a little too much when he finally told me they were on top of my head...I put them there so often that I didn't even realize they were there. Blush

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-07-2015, 09:17 AM
(03-07-2015 02:14 PM)unfogged Wrote:  OK, so a couple of weeks ago I made an on-line payment of $295.00 except that I evidently missed the decimal point and it submitted for $29500 instead. I got the fun of having to call the bank and explain just what a stupid mistake I had made. (Yes, it showed a confirmation screen and I'm sure I just didn't really look at it.) Gasp

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)