I can't believe I did something that stupid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: I can't believe I did something that stupid
Well...this one time, at band camp......

**Crickets** -- God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
07-07-2015, 01:12 PM
(07-07-2015 12:24 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 10:29 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Would you mind sending me $30000000.00

Nice try.

How about I send you a cashiers check for $5000, you cash it and send me back $500, pocket the rest, and then I'll send you the $30 million. It's currently held up and I need the $500 to get the paperwork released.

Seems legit... Consider

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
08-07-2015, 10:00 AM
My wife is self employed, so we have to self asses her taxes and pay quarterly. Last January I made a mistake in transferring funds and bounced a check for over $10,000 to the IRS. So, I panicked, and paid the tax on their online system. Then, they resubmitted the check, which I did not expect them to do. Since I paid the tax online, and no longer had the money, it bounced a second time.

I called them up at that point and we all had a good laugh about it.......
Weeping

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
08-07-2015, 10:17 AM
(08-07-2015 10:00 AM)BnW Wrote:  My wife is self employed, so we have to self asses her taxes and pay quarterly. Last January I made a mistake in transferring funds and bounced a check for over $10,000 to the IRS. So, I panicked, and paid the tax on their online system. Then, they resubmitted the check, which I did not expect them to do. Since I paid the tax online, and no longer had the money, it bounced a second time.

Weeping

Raising my eyebrow at you...[Image: smiley-confused002.gif]

No one laughs when talking with the IRS, unless it's the hysterical laughter from someone who has snapped.

Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-07-2015, 10:24 AM
(08-07-2015 10:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-07-2015 10:00 AM)BnW Wrote:  My wife is self employed, so we have to self asses her taxes and pay quarterly. Last January I made a mistake in transferring funds and bounced a check for over $10,000 to the IRS. So, I panicked, and paid the tax on their online system. Then, they resubmitted the check, which I did not expect them to do. Since I paid the tax online, and no longer had the money, it bounced a second time.

Weeping

Raising my eyebrow at you...[Image: smiley-confused002.gif]

No one laughs when talking with the IRS, unless it's the hysterical laughter from someone who has snapped.

Tongue

He must have gotten a wrong number - no one at the IRS is capable of laughter. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2015, 12:17 PM
I thought my weeping emoticon highlighted the sarcasm. Despite paying the taxes on time, they hit me with a penalty of almost $300. The sad part is had I not cared about doing the right thing and paid online, they would have just redeposited the check and all would have been well.

I explained all that in my appeal. Color them unimpressed.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
08-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Well the wife and I had our second kid about 8 weeks ago. Since then, at LEAST once a day, I'll go upstairs or downstairs to get something for the baby, a swaddle, a clean bottle, a burp-cloth etc. I'll see a handful of other things I need to get or do and completely forget what I was originally there for. Not a major life-changing fuck-up I grant you, but the stupidity is in the number of times I've done it more than the gravity of each occasion.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
08-07-2015, 08:02 PM
Using online banking, I accidentally sent the credit card payment to the phone company. I didn't realize it until I got a late payment fee from the credit card company and found out that my phone bill was paid for the next two years. It took 6 months to get that money back.

Invisible, undetectable results don’t count
[+] 1 user Likes quoin's post
09-07-2015, 02:32 AM
A few weeks ago I came back from shopping I realised I couldn't find my car keys. I knew I couldn't have lost them while out as I had used the car when shopping so they must be in the house somewhere. I looked everywhere but they were nowhere to be found.

So I decided to make a cup of tea and continue looking after. When I opened the fridge to get the milk there were the keys sitting next to the cheese. No idea why I put them in the fridge but I am having more and more of these senior moments these days.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 2 users Like Eva's post
09-07-2015, 02:38 AM
I had a late DVD once. The video store would ring and I would say it is not here. I have looked everywhere. I must have returned it. A month later I found it in the freezer. Blink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post