I can't believe I did something that stupid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2015, 05:03 AM
RE: I can't believe I did something that stupid
(09-07-2015 04:33 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 04:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Gasp

Why on earth were you just carrying around $1000?!

And how'd you get so damn rich as to be able to do it!?

TEACH ME YOUR SECRETS!!

I used to be a very successful musician before I became ill. Normally I would not carry $1000.00. But I would always have at least $300.00 on me. You know, for dinner and stuff. Smile

On that day I may have had a bill to pay. Or perhaps a drum to buy. I cannot really remember.

It was amazing though. We're talking the heart of the Sydney CBD. The cafe was chockers full of people. I met a friend for breakfast and returned and found it after lunch. I mean seriously, I actually had come home and watched a movie on DVD. I was just getting ready to head out to play when I discovered the wallet was missing. It had fallen out of my back pocket and was on the floor behind the chair up against the wall in the shadow. A woman was sitting on it when I arrived. She was very nice about moving out of the way.

Nobody could believe it when I told them later. Well they did because they know I don't bullshit. It was a good day. Smile

Damn musicians and their all-the-money...

I can't play sports or music; in the country, I'm pretty much damned to poorness... Weeping

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2015, 05:10 AM
(09-07-2015 05:03 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Damn musicians and their all-the-money...

I can't play sports or music; in the country, I'm pretty much damned to poorness... Weeping

Don't worry mate. Most musicians are poor. I have not worked since September last year. Now I have to be very careful how I spend my money. A mate had an operation in the hospital close to me today. Another drummer. Tomorrow I plan to buy him the absolute softest toilet paper, because what they supply in the hospital is anything but. And I am concerned about the cost. Nevertheless he is more important than a few dollars and I will pay whatever it costs.

My life has totally changed.

As for you, I have a feeling you will do alright in the future. You're a smart guy. No flies on you mate.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-07-2015, 08:00 AM
(09-07-2015 03:20 AM)Eva Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 03:15 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  *Sigh*

[Image: tea.jpg]

A nice cup of English tea...with milk...and biscuits...YUM!

Chocolate covered digestives?
[Image: mc_vities_digestive_milk_choc_300g.gif]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-07-2015, 08:58 AM
I use a cane to get around, due to a bone disease in my hip. I don't need to, but it helps me get around and the docs advise it, so there you go.

When I gas up my pickup truck, I would hook it into the fitting-hole at the corner of the truck's bed, hanging down the side of the truck, while I fueled. One day I forgot and left it there, and started driving home. It took me a while why the guy in the car next to me was pointing and gesticulating ... but the cane had stayed put there even at 60 mph. I can only imagine how many folks had a laugh at me, driving down the highway with my cane hanging off like that.

That was the cane that I lost when I left it at the Guitar Center in town. I went in to try out a couple of twelve-strings, set it down, forgot it, and didn't realize it until I got home. Never did go back for it, it was cheaper to buy another cane than pay fuel for the 60-mile round trip.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
10-07-2015, 06:48 PM
(09-07-2015 02:49 AM)Eva Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 02:38 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I think the real question here is: Why are you putting milk in your tea?

I'm a Brit....we do weird shit like that Yes
Depending on the tea, sometimes I do that. But I'm also Canadian. I get weird looks here when I talk about tea.

Now, regarding the comment about marmite (was it Banjo?): I prefer vegemite. I'm just glad I can get it locally finally!
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
10-07-2015, 07:12 PM
(10-07-2015 06:48 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Now, regarding the comment about marmite (was it Banjo?): I prefer vegemite. I'm just glad I can get it locally finally!

I also prefer vegemite. And I like promite. Mmmmm....promite.

[Image: promite290g.png]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
10-07-2015, 07:49 PM
(10-07-2015 07:12 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 06:48 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Now, regarding the comment about marmite (was it Banjo?): I prefer vegemite. I'm just glad I can get it locally finally!

I also prefer vegemite. And I like promite. Mmmmm....promite.

[Image: promite290g.png]
I'm limited to vegemite locally and marmite online. I've heard good things about promite.

Before I could get vegemite here, I was in Raleigh (state capital) buying it. An English man and I got into a conversation. He mentioned Bovril, beef drink, but can't get that.

I wish there a lot more international food markets online.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
10-07-2015, 08:02 PM
(10-07-2015 07:49 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I'm limited to vegemite locally and marmite online. I've heard good things about promite.

Before I could get vegemite here, I was in Raleigh (state capital) buying it. An English man and I got into a conversation. He mentioned Bovril, beef drink, but can't get that.

I wish there a lot more international food markets online.

Nothing wrong with vegemite.

If you cannot get bovril, try bonox. I drink bonox alot today in order to support my red cell count. I love it.

I have seen it sold on Amazon.

[Image: 3735443944_1d59d89bd5_z.jpg?zz=1]

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-07-2015, 08:28 PM
(10-07-2015 08:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  If you cannot get bovril, try bonox. I drink bonox alot today in order to support my red cell count. I love it.

I have seen it sold on Amazon.
I tried searching, but it didn't show up. Amazon must filter them by region or something.
10-07-2015, 08:34 PM
(10-07-2015 08:28 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I tried searching, but it didn't show up. Amazon must filter them by region or something.

Probably. It would likely come from a local Australian source to me.

Banjo.