I can't believe I did something that stupid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2015, 02:10 AM
RE: I can't believe I did something that stupid
Marmite definitely. Vegemite just tastes weird not unpleasant just kinda not quite right,hard to put into words. My cousins are Tasmanian and they say the same thing about Marmite.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2015, 02:40 AM
(11-07-2015 02:10 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Marmite definitely. Vegemite just tastes weird not unpleasant just kinda not quite right,hard to put into words. My cousins are Tasmanian and they say the same thing about Marmite.

I'm pretty sure they are all disgusting to me. It sounds like vegimite and what not are in the same vein as marmite. I have never tasted anything that nasty, and have tasted shit.
11-07-2015, 03:22 AM
Its a British / Australian thing I think, yeast extract is not for everyone hence the Marmite advertising campaign " love it or hate it" its fascinating that every culture seems to have something that repulses outsiders, American mustard grits and cheese are utterly disgusting to me.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
11-07-2015, 05:06 AM
(11-07-2015 02:40 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(11-07-2015 02:10 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Marmite definitely. Vegemite just tastes weird not unpleasant just kinda not quite right,hard to put into words. My cousins are Tasmanian and they say the same thing about Marmite.

I'm pretty sure they are all disgusting to me. It sounds like vegimite and what not are in the same vein as marmite. I have never tasted anything that nasty, and have tasted shit.

The trick is in not over applying it. If you treat it like jam, for example, it is too strong. A little goes a long way.....

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-07-2015, 05:32 AM
(11-07-2015 05:06 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(11-07-2015 02:40 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I'm pretty sure they are all disgusting to me. It sounds like vegimite and what not are in the same vein as marmite. I have never tasted anything that nasty, and have tasted shit.

The trick is in not over applying it. If you treat it like jam, for example, it is too strong. A little goes a long way.....

I like homeopathic Marmite. None goes a long way. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-07-2015, 05:59 AM
(11-07-2015 05:06 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(11-07-2015 02:40 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I'm pretty sure they are all disgusting to me. It sounds like vegimite and what not are in the same vein as marmite. I have never tasted anything that nasty, and have tasted shit.

My stepdad is English so I have tasted it "the right" way thinly spread scraped on a piece of toasted bread.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
11-07-2015, 07:30 AM
I like gentleman's relish spread on toast its divinely yummy
11-07-2015, 07:50 AM
(11-07-2015 03:22 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Its a British / Australian thing I think, yeast extract is not for everyone hence the Marmite advertising campaign " love it or hate it" its fascinating that every culture seems to have something that repulses outsiders, American mustard grits and cheese are utterly disgusting to me.

Me too. Shocking

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
11-07-2015, 08:05 AM
I learned to like grits and cheese. There are still some 'southern' foods that I don't eat - like all the different greens - but I am a fan of grits now.

Greens to me look like big vats of cooked weeds. BLECH! I told my husband (southern) that we mowed things that looked like that back where I grew up.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
11-07-2015, 08:12 AM
I meant the American mustard. Never tried grits.

(Hope you are feeling better today Anjele.)

Banjo.