I can't believe I did something that stupid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2015, 08:19 AM
RE: I can't believe I did something that stupid
(11-07-2015 08:12 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I meant the American mustard. Never tried grits.

(Hope you are feeling better today Anjele.)

Grits are similar to polenta but not as creamy. They tend to be a breakfast item and are generally very savory.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2015, 08:21 AM
(11-07-2015 08:19 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Grits are similar to polenta but not as creamy. They tend to be a breakfast item and are generally very savory.

Oh okay. Thanks! Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-07-2015, 09:16 AM
Sorry to hear you have been unwell Anjele. I love okra and gumbo I have to say.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
11-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Btw love cheese just not American cheese, it's just processed muck with no soul... Hey American cheese is atheist lols
11-07-2015, 02:02 PM
(09-07-2015 03:33 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I did that once with a wallet with $1000.00 in it. It fell out of my pocket at a cafe in the city of Sydney. I came home, watched a movie, then realised I couldn't find my wallet. So I spent 40 minutes travelling back into the city and there was my wallet, behind my chair in this very busy city cafe. All money untouched. I estimate it was there in the shadows for 3 hours. Big Grin

Did the same thing when I was young and didn't have a bank account so I had to cash my paychecks. We went out for a late night snack and I had put my wallet (with over $500 in it) on my lap after paying at the drive through. Got home and jumped out, not realizing it was still on my lap.

The next morning I frantically searched for it, finally finding it sitting in the gutter just down the street. I'm amazed nobody picked it up. Facepalm

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
11-07-2015, 02:03 PM
(11-07-2015 10:32 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Btw love cheese just not American cheese, it's just processed muck with no soul... Hey American cheese is atheist lols

Damm right. In certain applications it's okay, but overall it's a nasty cheese.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
11-07-2015, 03:54 PM
I once stole a really nice looking flower from a hotel room a few years back. In a nice glass enclosure, leaded lining, coloured Gravel at the bottom... I was pleased with my acquisition.

I put it in the boot of my car and positioned some stuff around it so it didn't fall over. It was a four hour drive home on an exceptionally hot day, being aware of this I stopped every hour or so and poured a bit of water on the flower to keep my loot alive.

I got home and gave it to the wife and told her the lengths I went to to keep it alive, ony for her to inform me it was an artificial flower.

I've still got the fucking thing now.

Another time I acquired a set of lawn bowls. So I convinced my then 5 year old son to have a game with me in the living room of the house.

The game was going good until I rolled a ball and it plowed straight through one of the wife's vases. I then remembered I saw some superglue upstairs in one of the drawers so I grabbed it and spent the best part of an hour trying to fix the thing before she came home. I was unsuccessful as it kept falling apart. She came in to see me sat on the floor surrounded by pieces of vase and superglue in my hand. Her anger was quickly cooled when she pointed out I wasn't using superglue after all... It was that fucking stuff you rub on your gums and mouth ulcers.
[+] 5 users Like TheStraightener's post
11-07-2015, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2015 05:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
So we all ate a couple of quaaludes each and drank a bottle of Beam and I said "I'm going for a drive. Who's with me?" Somewhere along the way my brother the acid queen hooked us up with some purple people eaters. At least I wasn't as stupid as the rest of them who said "Let's roll! You drive."

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-07-2015, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2015 10:11 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
I've lived my whole life (except for one year in a service Academy in Colorado) in the deep south.

Grits are great, but I've never liked them with cheese. Standard here is just butter and perhaps a little salt/pepper. Goes with our "standard American southern breakfast" of bacon, eggs, toast, and grits. Up here in Missouri, they eat rice for breakfast, using the same technique we use for grits. I come from Louisiana, where we grow most of the rice, and nobody eats it like that! At least, not that I've seen.

My native culture's Cajun food is something that is a bit off-putting to outsiders, but I think it's the best food in the world (and I've actively sought and tried nearly ethnic food that's available here in the USA).

Fried gator-tail... Andouille sausage, chicken, and shrimp Gumbo (with filé and okra, of course)... shrimp/crawfish Etouffee... Pistolettes... Jambalaya... shrimp or pork Boudin... Dirty Rice... and of course the proper "New Orleans-style" (mainly has to do with a rare type of bread used) Po-Boy, either the "sloppy" roast beef or the fried seafood varieties.

Oh, and the tasty bread pudding we make out of the leftover Po-Boy loaves, which go stale after one day, and which is why they're not really found in places outside of south Louisiana.

Best in the world!

(Edit to add pronunciation guide: Andouille = ohn-doo'-ee; filé = fee'-lay; etouffee = ay'-too-fay'; jambalaya = zham'-buh-lie'-yuh; boudin = boo'-dan.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson