I can't believe I've never read this: I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2013, 11:40 PM
I can't believe I've never read this: I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream
One of my favorite Harlan Ellison stories is, "Repent, Harlequin," said the Ticktockman.
http://compositionawebb.pbworks.com/f/%5...llison.pdf

Trippy story.

And let's not forget "City on the Edge of Forever," Star Trek fans. Although Ellison disavowed the screenplay for the classic episode.

There is a wonderful documentary about him that I can't be trifled with to search for right now. But watch it anyway.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2013, 05:17 AM
RE: I can't believe I've never read this: I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream
(24-07-2013 11:08 PM)TheCynicalOptimist Wrote:  
(24-07-2013 05:33 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  [quote='kingschosen' pid='345971' dateline='1374530628']read

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
25-07-2013, 05:44 AM
(22-07-2013 04:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Just read this short story by Harlan Ellison.

It's dark... really dark.

But, and amazing story... character driven... an original premise. Not much else that compares to it.

And, it was written in 1967*.

*I had no idea they called people "douche bags" in 1967.

Anyway, if you haven't read it and want to, follow this link.

I read that book a couple years ago after reading about the trope "And I Must Scream"

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-11-2013, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 11:54 AM by Skeptic Gamer.)
I discovered I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream by way of an article about the video game--which, by the way, is extremely expensive in it's physical form now--and eventually sought out an actual publication of it. Finding it in print is no simple task, either for some reason.

But I got a short story collection by Harlan Ellison, and the cover is that story, so I could finally enjoy it myself. It basically made me a Harlan Ellison fan.

Recently, I discovered he had a comics series called "Harlan Ellison's Dream Corridor," and the first, I think, four issues had a serialized version of the story printed therein. I didn't see this mentioned, if you're big on Ellison, I suggest taking a look. They aren't exactly easy to find, but they aren't so difficult that they're expensive.

I would also suggest A Boy and His Dog--another great Ellison piece turned into an interesting film starring Don Johnson. I found my way to this story, again, because of video games as the Fallout series is surprisingly heavily influenced by it.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
01-11-2013, 11:48 AM
(24-07-2013 11:40 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  One of my favorite Harlan Ellison stories is, "Repent, Harlequin," said the Ticktockman.
http://compositionawebb.pbworks.com/f/%5...llison.pdf

Trippy story.

And let's not forget "City on the Edge of Forever," Star Trek fans. Although Ellison disavowed the screenplay for the classic episode.

There is a wonderful documentary about him that I can't be trifled with to search for right now. But watch it anyway.

Please trifle yourself. I would like to see this documentary.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
01-11-2013, 04:45 PM
This sounds right up my alley, when it comes to books and movies I truly love dark and disturbing. Downloading now!
08-04-2014, 03:06 PM
Bump for people who haven't read this.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
13-04-2014, 05:24 AM
I read this short story a whole back, climaxed my high school career.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."