I can't delete posts.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2012, 02:36 PM
I can't delete posts.
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

This is what it says when I click the checkbox and then Delete Post.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2012, 02:49 PM
RE: I can't delete posts.
Hmm...
You can't delete older post for sure, new posts however remain deletable for a certain amount of time I believe.

Anyway
tell me what post you like to see deleted and I see to is.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
26-01-2012, 02:50 PM
(26-01-2012 02:49 PM)The_observer Wrote:  Hmm...
You can't delete older post for sure, new posts however remain deletable for a certain amount of time I believe.

Anyway
tell me what post you like to see deleted and I see to is.

It's been replied to now. It was one of those post, then realize it's stupid kinda comments. I even tried to delete this thread just to check and no luck. Same screen, same message.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
26-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Big GrinBig Grin
[Image: bigcupofshutthefuckup.jpg]

LOL...
Just pulling your leg here...

No, Those rules are in place after some dishonest debate with creationists. Sorry.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
26-01-2012, 03:02 PM
(26-01-2012 02:59 PM)The_observer Wrote:  Big GrinBig Grin

LOL...

No, Those rules are in place after some dishonest debate with creationists. Sorry.

I don't understand. The ability to delete posts was removed?

-Mark Twain
26-01-2012, 03:10 PM
(26-01-2012 03:02 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

LOL...

Apparently.

Although, I don't see why you just don't edit your post with the text "deleted".

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
26-01-2012, 03:15 PM
(26-01-2012 03:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-01-2012 03:02 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

LOL...

Apparently.

Although, I don't see why you just don't edit your post with the text "deleted".

Because I'm OCD like that.

-Mark Twain
26-01-2012, 03:23 PM
I made the "no deleting posts" rule, so I'm not sure how the current admin feels about it. I'll explain why I made it though.

When someone deletes a post, especially after it's been replied to, it ruins the flow of conversation, and more importantly, allows the "deleter" to twist things that have already been said. In fact if someone edited a post down to nothing, or changed it in a way other than typos and stuff, I'd remove their ability to edit at all. Fact is, when you say sumptin, it's been said.

But thats just me, and to me deleting a post feels dishonest. Instead I prefer the "remove-foot-from-mouth-and-explain-what-you-were-smoking" method.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
26-01-2012, 03:24 PM
(26-01-2012 03:23 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I made the "no deleting posts" rule, so I'm not sure how the current admin feels about it. I'll explain why I made it though.

When someone deletes a post, especially after it's been replied to, it ruins the flow of conversation, and more importantly, allows the "deleter" to twist things that have already been said. In fact if someone edited a post down to nothing, or changed it in a way other than typos and stuff, I'd remove their ability to edit at all. Fact is, when you say sumptin, it's been said.

But thats just me, and to me deleting a post feels dishonest. Instead I prefer the "remove-foot-from-mouth-and-explain-what-you-were-smoking" method.

I see. I guess I understand. Once someone quotes you though it's pretty much 'cat outta the bag'.

-Mark Twain
26-01-2012, 03:29 PM
We don't have much rules here but that's one...
once said
remains said

it enhances your thought processes Wink

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist