I can't fool myself into believing in god anymore, now I'm too depressed I wanna die.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2014, 09:51 PM
RE: I can't fool myself into believing in god anymore, now I'm too depressed I wanna die.
(02-11-2014 09:39 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 09:32 PM)WhatWasIThinking Wrote:  True...everyone wants or needs a lil control huh,..lol

Honestly tho..even a god that has the 'wheel' seems to fail alot at being in control..at least for me anyway. My faith has proven out to be misplaced ...so much so that I might as well have been in control myself all along (if that made sense...lol)

Add to that cold outdoors, that I dont have to fail every day at things that are impossible to achieve based on biblical requirements

You're gonna be just fine. In fact, I'd say you're an atheist already. You're just struggling a little with coming out to yourself.

Could be....scary somewhat yes, but theres also a sense of relief mixed in me today, But I dont wanna take away from the OP's thread, and I hope he is feeling better

My Karma ran over your Dogma
- I have no clue who said it...I just think its funny
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WhatWasIThinking's post
05-11-2014, 09:26 PM
RE: I can't fool myself into believing in god anymore, now I'm too depressed I wanna die.
(23-10-2014 12:14 PM)Bishoy.Adel Wrote:  I was a christian till 15, a friend was slapped on the face for being a christian so I left Christianity because what's the point in praying to a god that won't protect his "children"... after 3 years I returned to the church, and after a year and a half I started reading about science, and I saw that the logic was with the big bang and evolution not a god that created the world in 6 days and created a man from the dust and a woman from his rib, since then I'm an atheist, I'm now 21 years old, and I would want to believe in a protector but I can't believe in a weak god, I can't believe in a god that lets a kid be slapped for believing in him because this god promised that he will be with us till the end of times, I can't believe in a god that doesn't fulfill his promises, but this isn't the problem.

I feel that I'm resisting that thought that god doesn't exist, because I feel alone and unprotected in a cruel world... I know that god doesn't exist, but I'm too depressed, I lost my motives to live, I mean my motives are my family and my "future love" but what's the point in living for people that will die and never be there anymore!!!I mean I want to die myself because what's the point in waiting for death? I now find myself sometimes singing christian songs, and whenever I'm near a church I enter, I don't know why but it seems that I can't just accept the thought that there's no purpose for us and we will die eventually and everything we made will have no meaning (I mean the universe itself will die someday), So I want to ask the atheists here how did you come to terms with the fact that you're uncovered, that you, your family, your wife/husband, the celebrities you love and the universe itself will not be there anymore, how do you continue everyday knowing that if you died today, that'll be it!! in college I was talkative and to some extent social and so but now I'm too blue and depressed to even talk to people because I now am without hope, please help me to accept the fact that there's no god, and please everybody, don't be mean to me for posting this question.

First let me start off by saying Welcome...Welcome to the beginning of a whole new view on life and a fascination of discovering how it all really happened. Welcome to having your questions answered with a logical and fair answer, but most of all welcome to the closest thing to enlightenment that any human being will ever feel.

With this of course comes a price...there are those in the world who are open to reason like us but sadly the majority of the world is still living the fantasy and many of them will DO ANYTHING to protect that fantasy. This includes family, friends, lovers, strangers...it can all be too much at first but trust me when I say that you want to pay real close attention to how the closest people to you react. You will truly see which of them are truly family ...and those who are not.

A fearful thought, of course! But in all honesty I would prefer to live free rather then a prisoner...You are not alone my friend and your life is not over...on the contrary it has only just begun and that purpose you once found in religion you will find a true purpose and true meaning and your place in our universe.
[+] 1 user Likes LPMalakye's post
08-11-2014, 04:16 PM
I really can't say how grateful I am to everyone of you guys, you are great, I'm sorry I couldn't reply to each one of you but my college started and I don't have time to shave let alone replying to posts in forums Big Grin anyway, I want to say that every single day my disbelief in god grows, according to logical and moral reasons, yet I can't get out of the problem of missing religion/ritual/praise songs, I miss those, and I listen to them until now, and you know the idea of death still annoys me (not life after death) but death itself, that I may die in a minute and don't have the chance to try all the things I wanted. I can't get these ideas out of my mind, other than that I feel so liberated by my new-found atheism... I really want to leave my problems alone and start helping others, just wish me luck, and I want to say again that I thank everyone of you personally because you guys are awesome and very supportive Smile
[+] 2 users Like Bishoy.Adel's post
11-11-2014, 11:53 PM

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
12-11-2014, 06:19 PM
can't accept that there is no god
(23-10-2014 12:14 PM)Bishoy.Adel Wrote:  please help me to accept the fact that there's no god, and please everybody, don't be mean to me for posting this question.
There is no god Thumbsup.....now all you have to do is accept it. No one can help you do that, you just do it. Did you feel like this when you found out there was no Santa Clause? Gasp
I was a brainwashed Christian for over 60 years before becoming an Atheist. It was a process that took almost 5 years.
In a couple months I will be 75 and could die at any moment....but, I have one son, 2 grandchildren, and 2 great grandchildren. And I am very proud to say that they all are Atheists (well the 1yo probably isn't..yet...lol) ....and will carry that on long after I am gone. That is a great purpose for my life and I am very happy that they are heading toward this world with eyes and minds wide open !!!!

Please remember the Native American Indians Heart
[+] 2 users Like justauntb's post
13-11-2014, 05:30 AM
So, You ShadowFox with the video you shared was about to make me cry Smile I really think suicide is not the solution and it gets better but the problem is you don't know when it does get better, I mean will I be the person I want to be after a month or a year, or 10 years or never?! that's a question I ask myself everyday, as I said before I don't want to commit suicide but during some black period of my life I thought there was no other way, and you know what that video really inspired me to the point that I deleted a depressing comment I wrote today on Facebook to a friend and changed it to a more optimistic one, thanks a lot Smile

Justauntb: you go Big Grin I mean in order to raise an atheist family you must've suffered a lot to face society but you made it, you ask me did I feel the same thing when I found out there was no Santa Clause, well here they don't put emphasis on Santa the same way on god, in fact they told us the real story of Santa that he was a saint called Nicholas or something and he went around giving poor kids gifts Smile so that leaves us here with only god to be shocked about his non-existence when we get older and wiser... I really think I lost most of the superstitions but there's a lot of work yet to be done, thanks a lot for the inspiration Smile Heart