I can't rationalize atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: I can't rationalize atheism
(12-04-2014 10:40 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(12-04-2014 10:04 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  What you are really saying is....You would like to have a reasonable and rational explanation for the things we observe about the world but your wishful thinking about a fantasy is getting in the way.

What wishful thinking? I don't want to believe.

You don't seem to want to think, either, given your acceptance of extraordinarily terrible bases for that belief.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
12-04-2014, 11:02 PM
(12-04-2014 10:47 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(12-04-2014 10:40 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  What wishful thinking? I don't want to believe.

You don't seem to want to think, either, given your acceptance of extraordinarily terrible bases for that belief.

So far all you've done is assert that I'm retarded (which is true, but it doesn't contribute anything).

Truth seeker.
12-04-2014, 11:08 PM
(12-04-2014 10:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Priapism, that's some scary shit right there. Tongue

Tell me about it!

The young lady who performed my full-body waxing yesterday seemed scared too.

Blush

12-04-2014, 11:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 11:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-04-2014 04:54 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I would much rather not believe in a god, but there are a few things that I cannot escape.

1. The ontological argument, which shifts the burden of proof onto atheists
2. The cosmological argument
3. The fact that I'm a pathetic piece of shit. Who am I to question the really smart people who believe?
4. The idea that materialism is self refuting/argument from solipsism

The fuck's wrong with you. None of that shit amounts to dick.

(12-04-2014 11:08 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-04-2014 10:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Priapism, that's some scary shit right there. Tongue

Tell me about it!

The young lady who performed my full-body waxing yesterday seemed scared too.

Blush

Hobo

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-04-2014, 11:24 PM
Facepalm

I'm going to make a claim!

Not only does Santa Clause exist, but he is the one true god all theists everywhere (including you, maybe) have been searching for!
Now since I know, for a fact, Santa Clause exists & is god, it is your job to prove me wrong!

What? Satellite imagery of the North Pole? What the fuck is a satellite? I've never seen one; I don't believe you! You're just making it up, and using fancy shmancy words I don't know to try and confuse me, but oh ho, it ain't gonna work on me! Santa Clause is lord!

See how utterly ridiculous I sound..... Blink

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
12-04-2014, 11:27 PM
(12-04-2014 11:24 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Facepalm

Not only does Santa Clause exist, but he is the one true god all theists everywhere (including you, maybe) have been searching for!
Now since I know, for a fact, Santa Clause exists & is god, it is your job to prove me wrong!

What? Satellite imagery of the North Pole? What the fuck is a satellite? I've never seen one; I don't believe you! You're just making it up, and using fancy shmancy words I don't know to try and confuse me, but oh ho, it ain't gonna work on me! Santa Clause is lord!

ManlyGirl gave me leave to fuck you in your ass. You are rather attractive.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-04-2014, 11:29 PM
(12-04-2014 11:02 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(12-04-2014 10:47 PM)cjlr Wrote:  You don't seem to want to think, either, given your acceptance of extraordinarily terrible bases for that belief.

So far all you've done is assert that I'm retarded (which is true, but it doesn't contribute anything).

Actually, no. We've been over this. I did not call you retarded. I called various arguments stupid and dumb, and I did not dispute your own description of yourself insofar as it related to your acceptance of certain (stupid, dumb) arguments. That's not the same thing. Those words mean different things, which is why I happened to use the one rather than the other.

Ontological arguments are meaningless drivel. The premises are vacuous, baseless assertions which don't even manage to be coherent.

Cosmological arguments are meaningless drivel. The premises are vacuous, baseless assertions which don't even manage to be coherent.

If you find either of those (laughably so-called) "arguments" convincing you either haven't thought about them very hard or you want to be convinced. So which is it?

Or are you taking the third option, and this thread is just another stop on the sightseeing tour to trololol station that is your posting history?

... this is my signature!
[+] 7 users Like cjlr's post
12-04-2014, 11:32 PM
(12-04-2014 11:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-04-2014 11:24 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Facepalm

ManlyGirl gave me leave to fuck you in your ass. You are rather attractive.

Maybe in, like, never Laugh out load Tongue
I am attractive as hell, though Drinking Beverage
Cool

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
12-04-2014, 11:37 PM
(12-04-2014 11:32 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(12-04-2014 11:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ManlyGirl gave me leave to fuck you in your ass. You are rather attractive.

Maybe in, like, never Laugh out load Tongue
Cool

But you've never met a man like me, little bitch.

[Image: marathon.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-04-2014, 11:44 PM
(12-04-2014 11:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-04-2014 11:32 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Maybe in, like, never Laugh out load Tongue
Cool

But you've never met a man like me, little bitch.

[Image: marathon.jpg]

Last derail Tongue

[Image: %D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%BA%D0%B8-road-runn...390641.gif]

[Image: wile.gif]

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post