I can't rationalize atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2014, 08:32 AM
RE: I can't rationalize atheism
(13-04-2014 04:54 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(13-04-2014 04:49 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  If you don't want to believe in a god then actively disbelieve it. It will be no different to people believing in God because they want to.

I don't want to believe, but It has been proven. I cannot escape fact.

[Image: you-keep-using-that-word1.jpg]

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Crulax's post
13-04-2014, 09:08 AM
You have yet to provide ANY evidence, let alone proof. You keep presenting arguments that are fallacious and then refuse to acknowledge when those fallacies are pointed out. You refuse to give ANY real reason we should agree, and simply chant the same mantra over and over. It's irritating when a three-year-old does it. It's intolerable when an adult does it.

This is not a discussion. Unless you provide real reasons then all you're doing is preaching.
[+] 6 users Like natachan's post
13-04-2014, 09:10 AM
(13-04-2014 09:08 AM)natachan Wrote:  You have yet to provide ANY evidence, let alone proof. You keep presenting arguments that are fallacious and then refuse to acknowledge when those fallacies are pointed out. You refuse to give ANY real reason we should agree, and simply chant the same mantra over and over. It's irritating when a three-year-old does it. It's intolerable when an adult does it.

This is not a discussion. Unless you provide real reasons then all you're doing is preaching trolling.

fixed!

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
13-04-2014, 09:47 AM
(13-04-2014 04:54 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I don't want to believe, but It has been proven. I cannot escape fact.
It has? Really?
Can you show me where it has been proven there is a god?

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
13-04-2014, 09:49 AM
(12-04-2014 04:54 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I would much rather not believe in a god,

Then give up your childish superstitions. It's THAT easy.

Quote:but there are a few things that I cannot escape.

No, you are simply being disingenuous and obtuse, and trolling.

Quote:1. The ontological argument, which shifts the burden of proof onto atheists

A. Shifting the burden of proof is a logical fallacy. Thus you admit outright that the argument fails. Arguments are neither evidence nor proof.

B. You make a claim that this "argument" -- using the term loosely -- "shifts the burden of proof onto atheists", yet you have not demonstrated how you think it does so.

C. The ontological "argument" is a flimflam -- pure semantic prestidigitation. Nothing more than tossing word salad. Imagining something to be true doesn't make it true. It's shocking -- SHOCKING -- that any conscious person with two brain cells to rub together could find it anything short of laughable.

Quote:2. The cosmological argument

A. You have personally witnessed (we know by your sycophantic "liking" of the perpetrator's every post in the Boxing Ring) this argument being shredded to ribbons right here in this forum. You cannot have missed the fact that cjlr ate "Jeremy" for lunch -- and in fact anyone here can see that "Jeremy" fled the debate rather than admit defeat.

B. You are being disingenuous and obtuse AGAIN. You KNOW that cosmological arguments are fallacious and yet you continue to press it as if you didn't. You are like some two-year-old stubbornly bleating "But I don't underSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND." You may think it's clever, but the rest of the world sees it as dishonest and intentionally obnoxious.

C. Arguments -- and I use the term loosely with this one -- are neither evidence nor proof.

D. The cosmological "argument" is a flimflam -- pure semantic prestidigitation. Nothing more than tossing word salad. You have already been shown literally dozens of times over -- and we all know it -- that it relies heavily on question-begging, special-pleading, and equivocation fallacies. It's shocking -- SHOCKING -- that any conscious person with two brain cells to rub together could find it anything short of laughable.

Quote:3. The fact that I'm a pathetic piece of shit.

I'll grant you that, but that does not justify continued willful ignorance after having been shown your errors.

Quote: Who am I to question the really smart people who believe?

A. Fallacy: Appeal to Misleading Authority. Even if there were such unnamed "really smart people who believe", the fact that they believe in superstitions despite "being really smart" is a mark AGAINST their supposed intelligence.

B. You haven't identified any such "really smart people". Not that it matters, because A above.

C. There was a time when "really smart people" believed the world was flat. This, even hundreds of years after OTHER "really smart" people had determined that the world couldn't possibly be flat. Seeming to be "really smart" doesn't mean one can't have it wrong, or even that they are actually intelligent at all.

Quote:4. The idea that materialism is self refuting/argument from solipsism

A. Which you attempt to "justify" with a rambling, incoherent fucking blog post from some idiot on the interwebz that consists entirely of idiotic ad hoc assertions and neither demonstrates such a claim to be true, nor even mentions solipsism at all.

B. Atheism is not materialism.

What the fuck do you call yourself doing here on this forum?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
13-04-2014, 11:10 AM
SSDD...

Another thread/post to insert "I am a piece of shit and not worth anything" comment.

No progress ever made.

No real attempt to interact.

Hmmm....troll...or someone that really wants/needs help. Consider

*we need a yawning/bored emoticon*

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-04-2014, 11:33 AM
It sounds like a cry of help from someone who is depressed and somehow being a theist gives him an excuse to think that he can't help any of his problems.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
13-04-2014, 11:43 AM
What about the whole "God helps those that help themselves"?

Or are we dealing with "It's God's will'?

Either way, it's old. Trying to help someone who really wants help is fine and I am all for it. Listening to the endless self-bashing of a couple members here is now uninteresting and old.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-04-2014, 11:47 AM
Exactly, diddo97 must first decide that he wants to sort his life out.

Either that or face up to the fact that he doesn't want to and instead wants to continue being miserable.

It's a choice that anyone who has cured themselves of depression has had to face.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
13-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Agreed Mathilda...

...apparently the pity party is more enjoyable than getting better.