I can't reply with an image

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2012, 03:22 PM
I can't reply with an image
I've seen others have the same problem and it's just happened to me, too. What are the rules concerning posts with images? Is there a set number of words or lines that need to be included before an image will appear (I just experimented and neither seemed to be the case) if so, what are the rules?

I only wanted to reply with this:-

[Image: troll.jpg?psid=1]

Which is another test. It might well appear... but it really says enough without the need for preceding text. Undecided

edit: OK, so it still isn't appearing. I'm confused as to what I'm doing wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2012, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2012 03:39 PM by kim.)
RE: I can't reply with an image
Don't know what to tell you dude - I couldn't get it to work either.

It's something in the translation because I can access the image on it's own but I can't even get it to work as a link.. hang on, and I'll snag it for you a different way. I think.

[Image: troll.jpg]

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
28-07-2012, 04:03 PM
(28-07-2012 03:31 PM)kim Wrote:  Don't know what to tell you dude - I couldn't get it to work either.

It's something in the translation because I can access the image on it's own but I can't even get it to work as a link.. hang on, and I'll snag it for you a different way. I think.

[Image: troll.jpg]

I was about to ask what magic powers you waved from your wand... but it was a photobucket-shaped wand. Dodgy

Is this a problem with MSN photos (from Hotmail)? I could always use Flickr.
28-07-2012, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2012 04:35 PM by Red Celt.)
1 line of text abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
2 line of text abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
3 line of text abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
4 line of text abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
5 line of text abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
6 line of text abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

[Image: 7664566454_17172def72_z.jpg]

Still not working from Flickr. There's logic to this madness, but I can't see what it is.
28-07-2012, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2012 04:20 PM by Lilith Pride.)
Trying to figure this out, first you don't need to type lines of text. I mainly use photobucket, but often enough just post from anywhere, trying to get your photo to work from Flickr.
[Image: 7664566454_17172def72_m.jpg]

ok taking the source image works, but that required me to go into the page's source code and copy the image value. There should be an easier work around.

the source code is as follows http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7277/76645...ef72_m.jpg

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
28-07-2012, 04:20 PM
I got it working, but I had to sign up with Photobucket... which I don't like (advert heavy).

There must be a good reason why MSN and Flickr weren't liked.
28-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Ok here's my answer on this photo after choosing share go into the BB instead of just sending the link. Look for src, and the url there is the actual photo/

src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7277/7664566454_17172def72_z.jpg"

it looks like this.

Problem is that it's going to give this very small image. I'll check my Flickr account to see what's going on here, this photo might have started out this small.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
28-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Nope - MSN hurts my puzzle... I've had issues with them before.

Might seem like a pain in the ass to go with another service... but really photobucket is pretty handy and a lot less complicated than flickr. And it's free - one of my favorite words. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
28-07-2012, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2012 04:36 PM by Lilith Pride.)
[Image: 5123503953_f63f0749aa.jpg]

Ok the photos show up the original size of the image. The problem with Flickr is that the share button is sharing the page not the image. I can't see a share image option. This probably exists due to their copyright thing, but the workaround is kinda annoying.

click share, then at the bottom of the drop down will be grab html/bbcode, copy that text and then remove all but the source image, then drag the mouse over the whole url and click add image. This editor realizes that you want to make it an image and adds the commands. Or just type out [img][/img]

[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
28-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Hotmail and Flickr are also free Smile

As a student, my income (such as it is) necessitates the use of the "free" version of the internet... when and where I find such things. I now have accounts with Flickr and Photobucket, along with the photo-sharing with my Hotmail account (which is also free).

It'd be good to have one place to store images, rather than having to faff with 3 (or more).

Thanks for trying to help, anyway.