I can't reply with an image

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2012, 04:35 PM
RE: I can't reply with an image
Photobucket is really a great free site to do all your imaging stuff. Flickr is a bit more social networiking than photobucket, and that adds a lot of confusion. I only made a flickr account due to a picture contest that was done on flickr. I wouldn't have a yahoo email address outside of that. My hotmail address has always been my stand by.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2012, 04:38 PM
(28-07-2012 04:35 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Photobucket is really a great free site to do all your imaging stuff. Flickr is a bit more social networiking than photobucket, and that adds a lot of confusion. I only made a flickr account due to a picture contest that was done on flickr. I wouldn't have a yahoo email address outside of that. My hotmail address has always been my stand by.

Right. OK. Yes... the URL is different, depending on how you share it from Flickr. As a "staticflickr" image (from the share as BB code) link, it appears fine. Harumph.

Thanks for your help, Lilith.Bowing
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2012, 04:39 PM
We should probably put up a faq of some sort on image sites that have issues. There's generally a workaround for anything but often the workaround is just too laborious.It wasn't a lot of work to figure out the best way to use flickr but it's better that we don't do the work again next time around.

And no problem Celt, jut trying to make sure we know how to fix the problem.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
28-07-2012, 04:41 PM
(28-07-2012 04:39 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  We should probably put up a faq of some sort on image sites that have issues. There's generally a workaround for anything but often the workaround is just too laborious.It wasn't a lot of work to figure out the best way to use flickr but it's better that we don't do the work again next time around.

Yes. I did do a quick search of the forums before I posted a new thread. I'd hoped that it had been experienced (& resolved) already. Perhaps it has, but a solution wasn't easily found. An image FAQ sounds like a good idea. I nominate you as its author. Delegation, y'see? Angel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Done, I'll make it a bit better and use a silly atheist image as the image. If you would like while I go off working can you find the black and white image of bug off jesus where he's giving tech help? I think that one would fit best.

[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
31-07-2012, 05:35 AM
OK, here is the thing, a few times on my forum (yes, I am an admin somewhere) people shared pictures from Facebook, and since I am not signed in FB, I could not see them.

What you can not do is use links from sites that require a log in. That way, when you post a picture, you are required to be logged in that site, so that it will give you a permission to see that picture.

I have no idea about Flickr, don't use it, but I never had problems with Imageshack (been some trouble lately) and TinyPic. I use TinyPic now, it works better, or I just use Google images. You don't have to be signed in any of those and people can see pictures you post.

That is the reason why I have already told someone (I think it was LJ, but not sure) that I can't see the pics, only the photobucket logo and I got the reply that she sees the pictures normally, so I figured it was my web-filter at work. No it wasn't, but she might have been logged in and so she could see the pics, while the rest of us that weren't logged in couldn't see the pics.

Am I right?

Of course I am.

Thank you Captain Obvious Filox.

You are welcome.

Big Grin

P.S.

Put this warning in you FAQ as well, no pics from sites that require log in.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
01-08-2012, 06:04 PM
(31-07-2012 05:35 AM)Filox Wrote:  OK, here is the thing, a few times on my forum (yes, I am an admin somewhere) people shared pictures from Facebook, and since I am not signed in FB, I could not see them.

What you can not do is use links from sites that require a log in. That way, when you post a picture, you are required to be logged in that site, so that it will give you a permission to see that picture.

I have no idea about Flickr, don't use it, but I never had problems with Imageshack (been some trouble lately) and TinyPic. I use TinyPic now, it works better, or I just use Google images. You don't have to be signed in any of those and people can see pictures you post.

That is the reason why I have already told someone (I think it was LJ, but not sure) that I can't see the pics, only the photobucket logo and I got the reply that she sees the pictures normally, so I figured it was my web-filter at work. No it wasn't, but she might have been logged in and so she could see the pics, while the rest of us that weren't logged in couldn't see the pics.

Am I right?

Of course I am.

Thank you Captain Obvious Filox.

You are welcome.

Big Grin

P.S.

Put this warning in you FAQ as well, no pics from sites that require log in.

I just first copy whatever pic I want to post to my machine (right click then "Save Image As") and then upload it to a trash photobucket account I created with a trash email account used only for that purpose.

That way when one of you fuckers feel embarrassed by your pic later and try to delete it I can remind you. Evil_monster

Fuck, now someone's gonna do that with my fundoshi pic.

Breathing - it's more art than science.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Quick reply LadyJane 4 99 20-07-2014 11:14 AM
Last Post: Anjele
  "Quick Reply" Box seems to have disappeared? Taqiyya Mockingbird 23 273 27-03-2014 12:14 PM
Last Post: Im_Ryan
  Image and video buttons not working properly? Escape Artist 6 205 23-01-2014 04:47 PM
Last Post: WeAreTheCosmos
  Image Posting Issues Lilith Pride 21 1,095 07-06-2013 07:32 PM
Last Post: Anjele