I can't spell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2014, 04:26 PM
RE: I can't spell
(22-11-2014 02:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  [img][Image: spelling_zpsa71363dd.jpg][/img]

I haven't had a 5th grader in many, many years.

That is beautiful irony! Just ... wonderful. Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
22-11-2014, 05:31 PM
(22-11-2014 04:26 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-11-2014 02:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  [img][Image: spelling_zpsa71363dd.jpg][/img]

That is beautiful irony! Just ... wonderful. Big Grin

Clarification for those who need it. This wasn't a test done by one of my children. 5th grade was a long time for even my youngest.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
22-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Gray = US
Grey = UK (and anywhere else English is spoken that isn't US)

That's it, there is no difference in the words other than spelling. But it's always greyhound and grayling.

Also, "it's" always means it is, that is it. Every other time use its.

Source: 25 years as an editor, writer and publisher.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
22-11-2014, 06:53 PM

See, I would have trouble with some of those words. Chlorine, medicinal and monarchy, I'd have to look those up because I hear an "a" in medicinal as in m"a"dicinal, I don't hear any kind of h in chlorine and monarchy. Those h's shouldn't even be in the damn words.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
23-11-2014, 07:26 AM
I love spelling Big Grin

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
23-11-2014, 10:27 AM
(22-11-2014 06:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

See, I would have trouble with some of those words. Chlorine, medicinal and monarchy, I'd have to look those up because I hear an "a" in medicinal as in m"a"dicinal, I don't hear any kind of h in chlorine and monarchy. Those h's shouldn't even be in the damn words.

I have more trouble pronouncing words. I can "see" the words in my head. I may or may not know how to pronounce said seven syllable word, but I can sure as hell spell it. My husband cringes every time I try to sound out a word because I use Spanish phonetics (is that the right word? Too lazy to double check). I butcher the French language.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post