I can't take this specimen seriously

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2014, 04:24 PM
I can't take this specimen seriously
I'm studying for the final exam in my Fossil Evidence for Human Evolution course. This is a picture of Homo heidelbergensis, the specific specimen living in Spain around 300,000 years ago. No matter how hard I try, I can't take it seriously. It looks like it's going DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRR!

[Image: 3m69h.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like ghostexorcist's post
11-05-2014, 04:31 PM
RE: I can't take this specimen seriously
Duuuuuuah...? Gasp Laughat

Laugh out load

At least he's a happy dead guy! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
11-05-2014, 04:31 PM
I loled when I saw it. Human evolution people.Thumbsup

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-05-2014, 04:39 PM
"I can't take this specimen seriously."

That's what the nurse said to me when I was supposed to pee in a cup for a drug test and was dehydrated. "This specimen is simply not going to be adequate".
I was thinkin' "What the hell do you want me to do ?" Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-05-2014, 04:40 PM
He's so small. Shy I find that quite charming.

I can imagine small groups of them, living together in the forests, gathering bugs and birds and plants... and spending much of their time grooming each other.

At that time... 300,000 years ago, what was their social life really like? Were they migratory ... possibly following birds or larger animal herds? If they were, they might run into others and seek recognition and communication.

I find the notion of the real mundane social stuff to be completely fascinating. Blush

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
11-05-2014, 04:41 PM
(11-05-2014 04:24 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I'm studying for the final exam in my Fossil Evidence for Human Evolution course. This is a picture of Homo heidelbergensis, the specific specimen living in Spain around 300,000 years ago. No matter how hard I try, I can't take it seriously. It looks like it's going DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRR!

What else can you expect from a Spaniard?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
11-05-2014, 05:46 PM
(11-05-2014 04:41 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(11-05-2014 04:24 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I'm studying for the final exam in my Fossil Evidence for Human Evolution course. This is a picture of Homo heidelbergensis, the specific specimen living in Spain around 300,000 years ago. No matter how hard I try, I can't take it seriously. It looks like it's going DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRR!

I mean he does look like your great grand dad. (To be fair he is probably all our Greatx(place number here) Grand daddy)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-05-2014, 06:08 PM
(11-05-2014 05:46 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(11-05-2014 04:41 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  What else can you expect from a Spaniard?

I mean he does look like your great grand dad. (To be fair he is probably all our Greatx(place number here) Grand daddy)

Swing and a miss there.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
11-05-2014, 06:27 PM

Wait I know that guy.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
11-05-2014, 06:33 PM
(11-05-2014 04:41 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Nevermind him, he's from Barcelona. ~ Basil Fawlty